Beginners 30 Day Shred Challenge starts 4/17--CLOSED

Options

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone! I haven't bothered to check my measurements--was planning to do wait until the end to do that, so hopefully I'll have a nice surprise! When I weighed in for the week on Thursday I was down 1 pound, so that's a good thing! I completed Day 8 of the Shred this morning and burned 176 calories. No time for extra cardio at all this weekend since we're out of town, but I plan to add back the elliptical tomorrow.
    SW: 154.7
    CW: 153.7

2 more days of Level 1 then we move on to Level 2!!!!!!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Day 8 is in the books. I can't believe that it's getting easier but as I say that we are about to start level 2. I can only imagine what that is going to be like. Well I weighed myself on Friday and I can't believe what I saw.

SW: 242
    CW: 238.8

Weight Loss: 3.2
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 8 is in the books. I can't believe that it's getting easier but as I say that we are about to start level 2. I can only imagine what that is going to be like. Well I weighed myself on Friday and I can't believe what I saw.

SW: 242
    CW: 238.8

Weight Loss: 3.2

That is AWESOME! I'm hoping to see something like that once we hit level 2!!!
  • tbrown5
    tbrown5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yay for Day 8! I actually think my body is ready to move on (I thought I'd never say that!) I was doing really well eating until today. Can't wait to get back on track tomorrow!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I (reluctantly) did Day 8 yesterday. Good thing considering all the dessert I ate at my in-laws (not to mention the drinks I had when we stopped in the neighborhood bar on the way home.) :drinker: I agree that Level 1 is getting "easier" although I still suck at push ups. I got lazy yesterday and did all of them the girl way. My form is better that way. I'm ready for a new routine as well. Not sure if I'll get my extra cardio in today. Furniture shopping is on the schedule for tonight. Happy MOnday!
  • afasnacht
    Options
    Day 9 completed! Woo hoo! Definitely feeling ready to move onto level 2!!!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Just so I'm clear, do we start Round 2 tomorrow or Wednesday? Day 10 or 11?
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 9 complete for me as well!!!

Dayzeerock--I was planning for us to all do Level 1 Day 1-10, Level 2 Day 11-20, and Level 3 Day 21-30. But if anyone wants to move on a day early I won't count it against you!! :)

We've had a couple people post their weight loss for the first week--anyone else seeing good numbers?

Keep it up girls!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Day 10 is complete. I fully intended to get up early enough to hop on the elliptical for a few minutes after Shredding it, but I hit the snooze button a few too many times. Oops! :smile: Guess I needed the extra sleep! I'm glad that we're moving on to Level 2 tomorrow, because my calorie burn on Level 1 keeps getting lower according to my HRM. I guess that means my body is getting used to the moves.

How is everyone else doing? I think that we've lost at least half of our group, but I kind of anticipated that, that's why I invited 10 people to join so that we'd at least end with 5 or 6 of us doing this.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    I also hit the snooze button a few too many times this morning, so I'll be doing day 10 after work today, haha. My burn is also getting lower, according to my HRM. Thus far, I've lost a total of 6.5 inches and 2 pounds, so I'm totally looking forward to what level 2 and 3 bring to the table!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Did day 9 last night and am also ready to move on. I will do day 10 after work today. I can tell I have made improvements in strength and endurance. I lost a pound last week and weigh again on Thursday. I'm not going to measure until the end.

Yay for us for sticking with it for 9/10 days!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done. I have to admit I skipped 2 days...Easter craziness! But I'm back and ready to move to level 2 tomorrow!
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Day 10 is complete. I fully intended to get up early enough to hop on the elliptical for a few minutes after Shredding it, but I hit the snooze button a few too many times. Oops! :smile: Guess I needed the extra sleep! I'm glad that we're moving on to Level 2 tomorrow, because my calorie burn on Level 1 keeps getting lower according to my HRM. I guess that means my body is getting used to the moves.

How is everyone else doing? I think that we've lost at least half of our group, but I kind of anticipated that, that's why I invited 10 people to join so that we'd at least end with 5 or 6 of us doing this.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

You didn't lose me! I've been doing the Shred everyday minus the weekend when I was out of town and have lost about 2 pounds. I think I'm going to move on to level 2 even though I haven't done a full 10 days of Level 1 because I don't find it challenging enough. If the other active people in the group wanna add me I think I'll find it easier to keep in touch! Sorry for disappearing for a bit!
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    Lord have Mercy! I just watched level 2 after finishing my workout.....I'm SCARED for tomorrow!!!
  • tbrown5
    tbrown5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    dayzeerock, I am with you! I peeked at Level 2 and thought "How in the world am I going to do this?" I hope it is easier than it looks!

Good job ladies sticking with it! I am so glad we are doing this as a group, it really helps on the days when I am not feeling so motivated to Shred.

Heather, I have been scared to weigh since Easter. I am planning on getting on the scale tomorrow!

Hope everyone does well on Level 2.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    dayzeerock, I am with you! I peeked at Level 2 and thought "How in the world am I going to do this?" I hope it is easier than it looks!

Good job ladies sticking with it! I am so glad we are doing this as a group, it really helps on the days when I am not feeling so motivated to Shred.

Heather, I have been scared to weigh since Easter. I am planning on getting on the scale tomorrow!

Hope everyone does well on Level 2.

I've been scared to weigh as well!

Hope my knees can take level 2!
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    Did level 2 this morning, and didn't think I was going to make it to work, seeing as I could hardly stand up in the shower....wowzers!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 11 complete with my first go at Level 2! I'm glad I didn't see Tiff and dayzeerock's posts before doing my workout this morning or I'd have been scared! It was definitely harder than level 1, but not horrible. Lots of shoulder exercises though. The only things I couldn't due because of my hip pain were the running in place w/ your knees really high, and I had to do the modified skater. I have to run down to radiology for my hip MRI arthrogram in about an hour and I'm nervous to have a big needle stuck into my joint, but hopefully we'll get to the bottom of what is causing my pain.

Sweetage123--welcome back! Glad you've been getting it!

Tiff and moxleymama--it may not be as bad as you think! Remember it takes 3500 calories to gain a true pound, though you can definitely see water weight gain depending on salt and alcohol intake. I had a less than perfect weekend from a food and wine standpoint, but overall I was probably over on calories by maybe 1000-1500 for the weekend--and remember MFP sets you at a deficit of about 500 per day, so even if you're over by 1,000 in a day it is really only 500 over your basal metabolic rate. Monday when I weighed in after all the Easter fun I was about 3 pounds up (probably due to all the salt), but today I was 1 pound down from my weigh in last week--hope that one lasts! Just drink lots of water to wash away the Easter goodies!! :smile:

Keep up the great work girls! Hopefully you guys like Level 2 as much as I do!
  • afasnacht
    Options
    Can't wait to do Level 2 of Shred later tonight! I have plans to at dinner time or else I would've already done it but didn't want to be all sweaty to go away! I really hope when I weigh in this week I'm noticing some kind of movement with weight! I've been drinking much more water this week then last...and I know that I didn't eat 3500 calories of extra food this weekend! I mean I had candy etc, but I put all of that in MFP and I was over a few days but not by that much!! Praying I see a difference in the scale because it's very unmotivating and harmful to my mind set to not see the scale budging! It's that TOM and I'm worried that it will cause me not to see a loss on the scale again! I think I may start doing Level 2 on our continued days and doing Level 1 of shred the same day since I'm used to that...maybe that will help my calorie burn! If anyone has any suggestions to seeing weight loss happen, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Level 2 was intense! All the plank stuff kills me