He is married :(

Options

Replies

• wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your advice people of MFP.... I know what I gotta do.

may i ask you one question?? WHY THE HELL DID YOU EVEN CONCIDER IT???? did you really not know any better???? isn't it common sense?? didn't you learn when you were a kid that cheating is wrong and there are always conciquences, wheather its feeling bad or even worse?? c'mon girl, PLEASE tell me you have a brain!!

Many people consider questionable things. Our thoughts betray us all the time. What her actions say will speak more about her then considering on acting on the urges.

This thread could not of appeared and she could be shacked up in a hotel room being utterly disappointed in this married man lasting 30 seconds in bed with the guilt hitting her right about now. Instead there's a thread where people away from the situation is reinforcing her better judgment and helping her make the right decision.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    *Fae covers her eyes with her wings, feels the doomed thread lock down about to commence*

yup me too lol
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    *Fae covers her eyes with her wings, feels the doomed thread lock down about to commence*

WTF? ha haha
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You deserve way better. Once you move on and look back on this I guarantee you'll see it was the best decision you ever made. I know it hurts now but you won't regret it. :flowerforyou:
  • cojenkinshcsg
    cojenkinshcsg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd probably get my players card taken away for replying (lol) DONT DO IT!!! In my younger days I have used that same line "things arent going well at home" I'm Just there for the kids blah blah blah bottom line we want our cake and eat it too. Im sure he has some feelings for you but the problem is the feelings are more lust than love we always want what we can have as men and will tell you anything to get it. problem is we do worry about the consequences until after our appetites are satisfied. Kinda like food (lol) :wink:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Sure from what you've all read this screams gross on many levels, but I think the real one(s) getting played is (are).....all of you people responding, getting upset, throwing your personal lives, insecurities, etc into what more likely that not isn't even a real situation...because yeah, how can you be that far off to think that publicly posting a potential affair can be looked at as a good thing? Just saying.......
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Dont do because in the end your feelings will be hurt more than his. He is just using you because he knows that you will let him in to that special place in your heart. When you go see him I'm sure you guys will have sex because he's not getting it from home so you are the next best thing. Then he will go back home to his wife and you'll be where? ALONE! Stop waisting your time and his, if he really wanted something serious with you he would've done it along time ago and before he got married. Not trying to crush your heart but its better to be Real about the situation, than to pat you on the back and say yes go. I'm not telling you to not go, I'm just telling you what may happen to your feelings if you do go. Good Luck, hope the situation doesn't blow up in your face.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get in here before the death bolts rain down on this thread.

OP - DON'T DO IT!!

That is all.
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I asked this because I wanted your opinions... nothing more. You don't know me there is no need for any negative comments towards me.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies...so...

I understand how you feel. There was a guy that I knew and we just got along amazingly. We even talking about how awful his marriage is and he would say he wondered if he made a mistake choosing her over me. Crazy stuff. I couldn't not talk to him because I loved that he would say those things to me. He divorced his wife and is now engaged to someone else - not me.

I came to realize that it wasn't right - not by moral standards, but how I felt. I wasn't comfortable knowing that he was sleeping with his wife yet telling me how much he cared for me. I felt dirty. And if I had gotten to be with him, there was no way in this world I could have trusted him, knowing the things he said to me behind his wife's back. That relationship would have been tainted from the start.

It's also a matter of growing up. You're just shy of 21, you're going to have to learn you can't have everything you want. It hurts sometimes to lust after someone and have that unrequited love, but not everything is meant to be. Ultimately, he didn't wait for you to turn a legal age, he chose someone else. You have to accept that.

Work on yourself and being secure in who you are. You'll find you deserve someone who wants only you.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Put yourself in his partners shoes. If roles were reversed and you two were married and having problems, and you found out he was with this other woman... wow... that would be the ultimate pain.
    Sorry to say but the "wanting pain" you feel is nothing compared to the pain his wife would endure if her husband cheeted on her.

Don't do it. Nothing good can come of it.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I asked this because I wanted your opinions... nothing more. You don't know me there is no need for any negative comments towards me.
    So now that you have all our opinions....whatcha gonna do?:tongue:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Wow well this hits home for me.

I wish a certain woman would have once considered MY feelings and that of my children before she bought the "my marriage is on the rocks line of bull****".

Let me tell you something I would bet ANYTHING his wife has no idea her marriage is on the rocks, and even if she does I bet she doesn't know he's about to push it over the cliff. If he is agreeing to an open marriage without her knowledge that should tell you something right there.

You have no idea what infidelity does to a person, think suicidal thoughts, hopelesness, paranoid invading thoughts that NEVER go away, dealing with the fact that the one person you should have been able to trust your life with betrayed you in the worst way possible. and how about the fact that he's willing to DESTROY the mother of his children? I coudln't even talk to my kids for weeks, it took all I had to get out of bed in the morning and go to work and do what I had to do to keep them alive. The mommy they once knew never came back because of the selfish decision of 1 man and 1 woman - I had no say in them destroying my life as I knew it.

I will never understand a woman doing this to another woman. He is responsible for his actions but so are you!

Do me a favor. Go read some posts on survivinginfidelity.com If this doesn't change your mind I dont know what else will.
  • Losingfast
    Options
    I think question that you should be asking yourself is why? Why do you want this married man. Sometimes what we cant have is exciting........Id find something else that is exciting. Think of it this way. If he will cheat on his wife to be with you, he will cheat on you too.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    lmao... Prepare for the lockdown!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

I wasn't negative. :flowerforyou:

I'm POSITIVE you should not do this. :happy:
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Have you guys even talked about the possibility of "hooking up" when you see him? I think you might just be reading into things with your crush and sexual desire for him.He has moved on no matter how bad he says his marriage is, he is married and he married her for a reason, not to make a blow on your ego, but that reason wasn't to make YOU realize how great he was.
    If his marriage is so horrible, and you slept together, you would have to know, he used you for not only sex, but for a legitimate excuse to get out of his marriage. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Tell him to focus on what he has, and you find something 100 times better. Don't disrespect yourself.
  • Whippy107
    Whippy107 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    One more thing....

People, please try not to judge this man or this woman. We all handle temptation differently...some of us resist, some of us give in, some of us mix it up depending on what the particular temptation is!

I do not condone cheating, but I know folks who have cheated and understand they are not scum suckers and *kitten*. We all have our vices whether it be drinking too much or eating too much or smoking too much, or swearing too much or whatever...so until you are free of fault, condemn the action, not the person please. :flowerforyou:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    They don't leave their gf's or wives. I've seen so many women go down this road (myself included) and they won't leave and why would you want them too? Why put yourself in the position of the wife/gf? IF he ever left her to be with you he would cheat on you also. It's a vicious cycle. I'd cut all ties. It's a lot easier to cut all ties then to be continually USED (yes, that's what he's doing if he's getting attention from you). It sucks but you gotta just move forward...find someone not attached. I had to do a lot of soul searching as to why I was having trouble finding a SINGLE man. I've finally realized why and I'm concentrating on myself and helping myself now. Do yourself a favor...get out of it now.
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some of the comments here. I do not need to see a professional. My father and I are currently on great terms.

So crazy!
This discussion has been closed.