GAINED 10 POUNDS???

Options
12346»

Replies

• Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So I was looking at your diary, and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet (too many posts lol) but it matters WHEN you eat your food. You have your diary set so you're just tracking your total food - I highly recommend resetting it so you are keeping track of each meal as you consume them. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks. Because take it from me, even if you are under your calories, if you're eating 85% of your intake at dinner, you will not lose weight. I cannot stress enough how important it is to eat 4-5 small meals rather than 1-3 large. There is a reason that ALL the experts say this. If you don't spread your intake out you will KILL your metabolism. So maybe you should try logging your meals individually and see if this could be part of your problem. I know it was the major factor that kept me at a plateau for a couple months.

Actually, that is completely untrue. Scientific studies have proven that meal timing has absolutely no effect on weight loss. All your body cares about is getting the required number of nutrients every day, regardless of whether they come in in 6 or 7 little meals, or one large meal. There are several different lifestyles where people eat all of their daily calories within a 5 or 6 hour window, usually in one or two meals. The only thing that kills your metabolism is not eating enough total calories to support body function.

I only mentioned this because it 100% worked for me. When I was only eating 1 or 2 large meals (healthy or otherwise - either way, always within my calorie range) I was gaining or maintaining weight. As soon as I began spreading out my consumption and changing when I worked out in relation to my eating, I began losing weight and feeling healthier. I am reluctant to believe in coincidences. I've also only heard of one study that "disproved" this but know of many that say it is beneficial. But again, every body is different. And I wasn't trying to spark a debate, I was just offering support by sharing what helped me.

Yes. Honestly, I don't think there's one right answer for everyone. I'm sure there are studies that prove both. I know a guy who moved his dinner up an hour, and lost 10 pounds. Yet, my bff only eats once or twice a day and has a terrible time with her weight (though she also drinks soda constantly). People can be so incredibly different. My very own brother can eat/drink whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and sit at a desk all day. He weighs about 15 pounds less than I, and he's 6' 2". He also doesn't exercise. Same parents. Personally, I think my body is the kind who likes to eat throughout the day, up until about 4 hours before bed time. I bet once I'm stricter about that, I'll drop a few, too.

Thanks for your input, too, Tigersword!