p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• kishadawn
    kishadawn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hmmm, can I join!?! :)

I am on Day 2, P90X Lean! So far, I'm loving it, but I'm really shocked at exactly how out of shape I am!! And how horrible my balance is! But, I'm making this non-negotiable and have adopted the "do my best for now and improve as you go" attitude!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Also chiming in with an embarrassing and seemingly unusual issue... I have to laugh though. So today after yoga x I was in the shower and felt a burning / stinging sensation where the hot water hit the top of my .... ahem... bum crack. There is a small area (think the size of a pencil eraser) rubbed raw... This was too familiar, it happened right after I started p90x . The first time I thought what a weird place to have a random injury... And had no idea what caused it. But it's right where the pressure is when balancing on the tailbone for in and outs, crunchy frog, bicycle, boat, half boat, etc. I avoided ab ripper for the first week to let it heal, and I was good as new. Now, two rounds of ab ripper and yoga belly x later, it's back. WTF?? I'm wondering if I have a tag on uncertain pair of shorts that rubs the wrong way? I know, it really is TMI- but it's so baffling. My other conclusion is that I need more padding (fat) on my bum. I sure don't hear about this happening to other people.... So sorry for he over share bit at this point I'm stumped.
    Sometimes people can get cysts on their tailbones, which can be really uncomfortable. I wonder if that's what you are experiencing. Whether it is or isn't, I hope the pain goes away soon. That doesn't sound like much fun.
  • kd2007
    kd2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i just started p90x yesterday and i burned 730 and 844 today doing plyometrics.
    i have a calorie and heart rate monitor watch and let me tell u it makes a difference
    this is my third time trying but didnt have a watch and now that motivates me more because i know how many calories i am burning
    and that is a great start!!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I think I might die right now. I just did 20 minutes of Plyo ... plus Chest and Back and Ab Ripper. I am SORE ... but a good sore. I pushed Chest and Back REALLY hard though ... pushed the reps on everything and to failure as much as possible. P.S. How you know you are at failure on Divebombers is when you fall flat on your face because you cannot get up! :)
    It could be difficult to explain to people exactly how you broke your nose working out alone to a DVD!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hmmm, can I join!?! :)

I am on Day 2, P90X Lean! So far, I'm loving it, but I'm really shocked at exactly how out of shape I am!! And how horrible my balance is! But, I'm making this non-negotiable and have adopted the "do my best for now and improve as you go" attitude!
    That's the way to do it! Everything really does get easier pretty quickly. Maybe not easy, but you will make vast improvements from week to week.
  • PJilly
    Options
    i just started p90x yesterday and i burned 730 and 844 today doing plyometrics.
    i have a calorie and heart rate monitor watch and let me tell u it makes a difference
    this is my third time trying but didnt have a watch and now that motivates me more because i know how many calories i am burning
    and that is a great start!!!
    Great calorie burns! It's definitely a great start. Keep it up!
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    Hey everybody. Week 5 started off slow with chest, shoulders, triceps yesterday. I could tell(feel) that I haven't lifted weights for a week. Mind you I guess if I did 2 days of yoga I was supposed to do, then maybe I wouldn't have felt like that :laugh:.

oh well, today was plyometrics, and rocked it toda and my shirt is soaked. It's 30C out today and I will be getting in a c25k session later tonight.

It sounds like you and I are on the same schedule! I did the week off, and got back into the Chest, Shoulders, Tri and Abs.....the next day I felt it!! Plyo seemed to take my breath away, almost like doing it for the first time! Today was Back and Biceps and I felt that too. Pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but in a good way.

I did the two days of Yoga during the "break" but I split it half and half.
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    Also chiming in with an embarrassing and seemingly unusual issue... I have to laugh though. So today after yoga x I was in the shower and felt a burning / stinging sensation where the hot water hit the top of my .... ahem... bum crack. There is a small area (think the size of a pencil eraser) rubbed raw... This was too familiar, it happened right after I started p90x . The first time I thought what a weird place to have a random injury... And had no idea what caused it. But it's right where the pressure is when balancing on the tailbone for in and outs, crunchy frog, bicycle, boat, half boat, etc. I avoided ab ripper for the first week to let it heal, and I was good as new. Now, two rounds of ab ripper and yoga belly x later, it's back. WTF?? I'm wondering if I have a tag on uncertain pair of shorts that rubs the wrong way? I know, it really is TMI- but it's so baffling. My other conclusion is that I need more padding (fat) on my bum. I sure don't hear about this happening to other people.... So sorry for he over share bit at this point I'm stumped.

My sit bones always grind into the rug when I do the the crunches you listed. I started using a pillow and it's worked wonders!! Much more comfy!
  • Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just got the disk set and would really like to be part of a support group,..especially with the nutrition part of the program. :)
  • INSANITYxSAMMY
    Options
    I just started the diet part of the program but I have been in the process of becoming a beach body / insanity coach for awhile since you can't get your license until after you are 18. But I started way before that. I am now a licensed kickboxing instructor. I am in the fat shred phase of the diet plan. Add me (:
  • jackelyn14
    jackelyn14 Posts: 59
    Options
    I just finished Shoulders and Arms, and Ab ripper x for today. I can't believe how much stronger my core is feeling already (I'm on week three). I have been having a tough time with nutrition the last three days. I've gotta pull it together on that end of it. I'm using the thought of taking my 30 days pictures and measurements as motivation to get my eating back on track!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options

My sit bones always grind into the rug when I do the the crunches you listed. I started using a pillow and it's worked wonders!! Much more comfy!

I have been thinking about using a pillow, wondered if it would throw me off balance. Same idea though, with a folded towel, it helps a bit.

Jill, thank goodness it's no cyst!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hey X-ers! No activity on here today, surely it wasn't EVERYONE'S rest day???

I didn't do P90x today, instead did two classes with a friend. Burned a ton of calories and had a lot of fun. Has anyone on here done a hybrid sort of situation? Jill, i know you're doing something like that. Mixing it up here and there sure is FUN. :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I did Kenpo X yesterday. It was a crazy day for me, so I didn't spend much time posting on the message boards. Today is X Stretch, and it's just in time. I'm pretty stiff and sore for some reason. I think it's still from Monday's Yoga X. I'd better work out that soreness, because I have to do it again on Saturday. :tongue: Monday, I'll start five weeks of Slim Series/Slim In 6/Yoga Booty Ballet. I've been loving P90X, but I'm ready to mix it up. I'm sure I'll be ready to do it again in a few weeks! :happy:
  • jackelyn14
    jackelyn14 Posts: 59
    Options
    Oh my goodness - help! Ugh... I've been keeping up with the workouts faithfully each day, and definitey feeling stronger. But I feel like I've been completely sabotaging myself by eating too much, and eating crap - I'm stuck in a nutrition rut and today is day five of this - what the heck!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I got back and biceps in yesterday... Good burn, but I think I need to adjust some weights around.
    Today was Yoga X day again and like other weeks, it was nice outside and I haven't gotten outside for a jog for a few days (maybe a week)
    So modify - :smile: I skipped yoga X and got in a walk/jog/run with some HIIT. Distance of 8kms and got in my personal best time of 55 mins.

Back to legs and back tomorrow after work.
  • frogmanjared
    Options
    Ugh, what a bad week it has been! I had to take 6 days off P90X! Last Thursday I nearly made it through Chest and back... then I felt a migrane starting. I stopped immediately, drank a ton of water and meds... thankfully it was only a terrible headache. The last time I had a migrane I was dehydrated so bad because of throwing up for 10 hours and lack of sleep that I had to take off work, wasn't going to to that again. I decided to take a few days off, then there was a heat wave combined with some very high pollen levels that kept me out for a few more days... so here's finally today. Plyometrics, and I finished! I had a headache, so I didn't over-exert myself too much, just concentrated on intensifying the moves by going deeper and holding them longer. I really hope my allergies get under control so my head feels normal again. During my 6 day break I did do some random push ups, pull ups, abs, and calf raises though. Couldn't do any yoga since my head felt like it was about to explode every time I bent over!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ugh, what a bad week it has been! I had to take 6 days off P90X! Last Thursday I nearly made it through Chest and back... then I felt a migrane starting. I stopped immediately, drank a ton of water and meds... thankfully it was only a terrible headache. The last time I had a migrane I was dehydrated so bad because of throwing up for 10 hours and lack of sleep that I had to take off work, wasn't going to to that again. I decided to take a few days off, then there was a heat wave combined with some very high pollen levels that kept me out for a few more days... so here's finally today. Plyometrics, and I finished! I had a headache, so I didn't over-exert myself too much, just concentrated on intensifying the moves by going deeper and holding them longer. I really hope my allergies get under control so my head feels normal again. During my 6 day break I did do some random push ups, pull ups, abs, and calf raises though. Couldn't do any yoga since my head felt like it was about to explode every time I bent over!
    I hope you feel better tomorrow! Migrane headaches, any headaches really, are the worst! There isn't much you can do about them except wait them out! Feel better!!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    frogman - hope your feeling better... I've never had a migraine, but I just hate when I get the odd headache, so i can imagine it's worse.

I have confession.
    I have found myself constantly looking at P90x transformations. Beachbody site, and on youtube, and P90x on facebook.
    It pumps me up..
    Tonight, I just saw the whole xx min of the P90x infomercial on tv. I don't think I ever watched it.
    It's amazing the 90 day transformations I've seen. Of course there were some more than 90 days.

if you are wondering about P90x, do what I do, and find others transformations. It's a great motivation.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I did take a rest day yesterday ... I am struggling with how to balance it all. The PT swears I need to do Plyo and Legs and Back ... but when I do I am SOOO sore that I cant run.

My run Wednesday was a disaster and I only made it about 1.5 miles ... then I took tomorrow as a rest day because I was so sore I could hardly walk ... another rest day today and then a 6 mile hill run tomorrow!