p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I have been WAY too lax in my eating. It's time for me to dial it in so that the hard work I'm doing with my workouts isn't for naught. It doesn't even make sense to do that. The dumb thing is I know what to do and how to do it, and it isn't that hard. It's just easier not to do it. :tongue:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Ouch. I don't know what I did, but I just finished Cardio X, and my right knee is killing me. One more day of P90X (Yoga X), a rest day, and then it's on to Slim Series Monday.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I don't know what I did, but I just finished Cardio X, and my right knee is killing me. One more day of P90X (Yoga X), a rest day, and then it's on to Slim Series Monday.

Hope whatever you did wasn't serious.... Knee pain is scary! Will you still be check
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

Hope whatever you did wasn't serious.... Knee pain is scary! Will you still be checkIng in here??? Have fun switching it up!!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just recently joined MFP and so glad i found it! I have completed 1 round of P90X and currently doing a hybrid of P90X+/Insanity. I am in Phase 3 and added Ripped in 30 to my schedule - crazy i know but im determined to get the results i want.

Jenna
  • PJilly
    Options

Hope whatever you did wasn't serious.... Knee pain is scary! Will you still be checkIng in here??? Have fun switching it up!!
    Thanks, my knee is fine. I'm not sure what the deal was, but I'm glad it's OK now! No excuses not to do Yoga X today. Ha! Yeah, I'll still check in here and see how you all are doing. Have a great day, everyone!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy doing Kenpo X on saturday morning. Today no exception.
    I had a great morning workout today and brought the intensity with me today.

I feel great, and it starts off the rest of the day on a great note.

Have a great day everyone, and remember "do your best and forget the rest"
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually do my workouts at night, but today I did it in the morning and I have felt pumped up all day! Maybe I should do this more often... What time do you usually work out?
  • elizabennett
    Options
    I've been a slacker with posting this week, but I got my workouts in. Mon I painted all day at my neighbors house and by the time I was done I was too tired, so I did chest, shoulder, & tris with ARX AND Plyo on Tues. I think I'm crazy. I was so sore the next day I did Core Syn. instead of Back and Biceps. Thurs was Yoga and yesterday was legs and back + ARX. I am so sore and exhausted this week and I'm not sure why. The soreness is as bad as it's been this entire time (I'm at the end of my week 6) and I have really been dreading the workouts. Even while I'm doing them, I'm hating them which is totally abnormal for me.

My weight is at a plateau, but I am hoping it's because I wasn't eating enough. It's so hard finding time to make the healthy foods, and then the healthy foods only have so many calories, so I just wasn't eating enough. 1100-1300 calories a day is NOT enough while doing P90x and exclusively breastfeeding, which burns around 500 calories a day. I'm fighting to get up to where I need to be though and hoping that will help the weight start shedding. I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I have been a bit of a p90x slacker. Today should have been legs and back but I went for a run instead. I feel great! Maybe tomorrow will be legs and back day... I find myself avoiding it even though I'm happy and feel good afterward. Weird.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Now get back to working out!!!

I wrapped up this round Saturday and took a rest day yesterday (if you can call working in my mom's yard a rest day). Today I'll be doing "Shape It Up" from the Slim Series workouts. I am so excited! :bigsmile: I'll see how I feel after a five-week round and decide if I'm going to do another one or do more P90X, which was the plan, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think maybe my body is happier doing Slim Series, although I do believe it's good to mix things up here and there. We'll see...
  • thumper44
    Options
    It's been quiet in here. I hope everyone's still pressing play.
    Don't feel bad if you can't finish the workout properly. Modify, Modify.
    Do your best, and ...... :smile:

Today I finished back and biceps and ARx.
    Day 45 for me. I'm halfway through my 1st modified round of P90x.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    :) Great job Peter. I have been quiet because I sort of stopped days ago. Feeling a little guilty. Although, I have been enjoying my running and turbo kick was fun last night.

I think I am going to re-start, and do the lean vs. the classic. I might start a new thread to see if there are others doing the same thing. Realizing I still want to get in cardio, and I need to get some outdoor exercise in b/c it keeps my happiness level high, stress level low.

Also, I think the barrier for me (right now) with P90x is that I don't like doing it when anyone else is around. Guess I prefer privacy for the weights and pull up bar / bands stuff. It's easy for me to think "Oh, I'll do it later" and "later" doesn't come. I need to get over that...
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I just looked at the schedule and it looks like the difference between classic and lean is the use of cardio x and core synergistics, and not using the chest / back routines. Is this right? Can anyone describe the core synergistics and cardio x workout?

My main issue with the classic version is that my scale jumped from the moment I started using it. I know it's partly due to eating (I ate more some days) but also probably swollen muscles / water retention... all I know is that when I stopped and went back to running, turbo kick, etc, the numbers finally started to creep down again.

I'd love opinions / feedback about the best option if my key goals are to lose fat (arms, abs) and tone up. Also, some suggestions on how to (mentally) get over the scale increase. I know it should be more about size / measurements, but I feel defeated when I work hard and the numbers are HIGHER. Boo! thanks :)
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the schedule and it looks like the difference between classic and lean is the use of cardio x and core synergistics, and not using the chest / back routines. Is this right? Can anyone describe the core synergistics and cardio x workout?

My main issue with the classic version is that my scale jumped from the moment I started using it. I know it's partly due to eating (I ate more some days) but also probably swollen muscles / water retention... all I know is that when I stopped and went back to running, turbo kick, etc, the numbers finally started to creep down again.

I'd love opinions / feedback about the best option if my key goals are to lose fat (arms, abs) and tone up. Also, some suggestions on how to (mentally) get over the scale increase. I know it should be more about size / measurements, but I feel defeated when I work hard and the numbers are HIGHER. Boo! thanks :)

I could have been writing this very post just a few weeks ago. In the first 5 weeks, I gained 7 pounds...and have FINALLY lost 5 of them. I sort-of kept up with my running and ate pretty well, but that scale was starting to piss me off. I just forced myself to stay with it -doing the classic program, I don't need any more cardio- and get back to the running and occasional two-a-days. The swollen muscles seem to have subsided and I am definitely getting smaller. Not the extreme transformations that other people have had, but I'm OK with that.

So, that wasn't really what you asked for...just wanted you to know you weren't alone. :flowerforyou:
  • elizabennett
    Options

Smiles, my scale #'s haven't dropped much, which I was expecting, going from basically nothing to tons of exercise, but the best thing I've done to get over the # thing was I took pictures at the start and I've taken new ones every week. I'll be pissed about my weight and then look at my current pictures compared to my 1st ones and it always makes me feel better. I actually started out with lean and after my 1st month I decided I'd switch to classic. I don't know if I prefer it necessarily one way or the other, and the weight hasn't seemed to change much on either version. I keep thinking it will eventually drop off. I would think for you, wanting to lose arm fat, that classic would be better because you are building more arm muscle, but I'm no expert. Good luck!
  • thumper44
    Options
    I think at some point you have to stop looking at the scale and get your BF % measured and go by that.

I don't know enough about the lean version to comment sorry..

I do know that this round in classic. While my diet hasn't been 100%, I've tried and done a good job. I've jumped in weight from 210 down to 206, back to 211, and this wednesday say 204.5.... It doesn't stay. I know it goes up and down. There's so many factors, from water retention, sodium to food you ate the day before weigh in. I also take supplements (creatine and post workout powder). So I know that can muscles to soak up more and cause more weight.

So I just forget about the scale and don't let it bother me, but start to notice my body more. The legs, arms, shoulders. IMO, they are some of the areas that get more defined before the mid section.
    I would think for you, wanting to lose arm fat, that classic would be better because you are building more arm muscle, but I'm no expert. Good luck!
    I agree. You do need to do more strength training than cardio to build up the muscles in your arms.

Smiles, I had mentioned before that once you get to a certain point. IMO, Your body starts to feel great. Your muscles are pumping, your looking forward to the workout. BUT I do totally know the feeling of missing the outside workout, and I try to get a workout outside, but not as often as before.

I'm into Phase 2. I feels SO MUCH better than I felt in Phase 1. My muscles feel great, I'm lifting more, I'm keeping up with Tony more and not having to modify.
    It feels like the first 30 days were just getting used to the moves. Adapting, or modifying if necessary

Finished Legs and back today.
    TGIF
    Have a great day everybody.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone here that needs a P90X Workout Buddy via Skype or Oovoo? If you have accountability issues...like myself......virtual workout partners is the next best thing :-) If interested let me know. I have both P90X and P90X Plus :-)
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am just starting month 2 of p90x, and I am having a hard time balancing exercise/weight loss/calorie needs. I am 5'4" and 145 lbs. I would like to go down to 135.
    I am fairly busy normally (mom of two young ones) but inactive 2 days a week at work (except for my workout). Where do you recommend to start with calories and how do you work that in to MFP?
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    Bump