so what does thin feel like?

Options
12346»

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loathe that stupid saying. Allow me to count the things that taste better than "thin feels," whatever that means....

1.) Pizza
    2.) Ice cream
    3.) Chocolate
    4.) Fried chicken
    5.) Macaroni and cheese
    6.) French fries
    7.) Steak
    8.) Loaded baked potatoes
    9.) Cookies (especially Oreos), possibly with milk
    10.) Brownies
    11.) Outback's Bloomin' Onion
    12.) Chinese food
    13.) Mexican food
    14.) Italian food
    15.) Cream cheese icing
    16.) Cupcakes
    17.) Reese's eggs
    18.) Snickers bars
    19.) Cheeseburgers
    20.) Chips... or crisps if you're a Brit :)

Luckily, you can eat all of these things and still be "thin," if that's what you want to be. I don't particularly like the word "thin" - it makes me think of a body type way skinnier than I'd ever want my body to look. I prefer the word fit, but I don't want to be thin or skinny.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    This might be silly but what does bump mean?

OMG I've been DYING to ask that!!!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I am almost to goal and it is euphoric! I just can not wait to start seeing muscle definition and the beauty that comes with a fit body.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loathe that stupid saying. Allow me to count the things that taste better than "thin feels," whatever that means....

1.) Pizza
    2.) Ice cream
    3.) Chocolate
    4.) Fried chicken
    5.) Macaroni and cheese
    6.) French fries
    7.) Steak
    8.) Loaded baked potatoes
    9.) Cookies (especially Oreos), possibly with milk
    10.) Brownies
    11.) Outback's Bloomin' Onion
    12.) Chinese food
    13.) Mexican food
    14.) Italian food
    15.) Cream cheese icing
    16.) Cupcakes
    17.) Reese's eggs
    18.) Snickers bars
    19.) Cheeseburgers
    20.) Chips... or crisps if you're a Brit :)

Luckily, you can eat all of these things and still be "thin," if that's what you want to be. I don't particularly like the word "thin" - it makes me think of a body type way skinnier than I'd ever want my body to look. I prefer the word fit, but I don't want to be thin or skinny.
    ]

Thank you. I abhor it too! :grumble: It's so fkking stupid.

I concur with your list and add Barbecued Spare Ribs.

Thin feels like anything else, except your clothes don't mark you, you can tie your shoes without losing breath, and you can buy smaller clothes. A person can be thin and still feel like total *kitten*.

Thanks for keeping it real, grrlfriend.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This might be silly but what does bump mean?

OMG I've been DYING to ask that!!!

Bump is exactly the same as in the dictionary. On a forum it's just someone bringing the topic back to the top for others to see.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Personally (24lbs down, 6 to go) I don't feel any different at all. And I didn't really expect to.

Granted my weight loss is on a smaller scale than many and it was more about preventing future health issues than addressing current ones. But fundamentally it changes nothing about my mentally and I've never observed the extra energy that people always promise.

I think people oversell it. If you're losing 50lbs or less it won't change your life. And it shouldn't have to.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thin feels like when I was in college and I could eat anything I wanted. Thin is being in your 20s and not yet in your 30s (age does make a difference as to how you lose/gain weight).
    I was heavier in my twenties than now. I feel better now that I'm out of my twenties and don't give a flying ####&@# what people think anymore. If your twenties were the your best years...I feel sorry for you. Thin feels like being healthy at ANY AGE.
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    Lies. All lies. Most of one's favorite foods still taste delicious. And thin feels... pokey. No more padding to rest yourself on. You can feel your bones more, and muscle. AND YOUR SHOE SIZE CHANGES!
    I'm not thin by any length yet, but 80 lb loss is giving me a realistic idea of what my goal weight will feel like.
    Fact.

fantastic job!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chickadee1014
    chickadee1014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    FAB x
  • chickadee1014
    Options
    FAB x
  • chickadee1014
    Options
    Yes and you can still have some of that just not buckets of the stuff x
  • JRoosh32
    JRoosh32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know when I get there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!