Options
    seeing large amounts of blood

needles

incurable diseases like HIV

Falling in love
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Even though I lived alone for a year last year I'm still scared to be alone in my apartment at night.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ghosts. Walking outside in the dark. And whenever I have to fly, I get anxious that it's gonna crash.

Also, that I'll live in South Dakota forever.

My biggest, most irrational fear ever is that... someday something will happen to my husband and I'll have to live without him.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Rodents to include hamsters, guinea pigs and squirrels

Awww I have three guinea pigs. They're amazing pets! And trust me, they're way more scared of you than you are of them. I you ever pick a guinea pig up, you can feel its heart racing like crazy.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    woodlice
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    closed spaces
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Centipedes and loss of control.

Yep centipedes freak me out.
    Death (including my own for the reasons that follow)
    Afraid of dark places
    being underground
    burning flesh
    claustrophobic
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    not anything happening to my children (other then every other fear we mothers have) but something happening to me bc im all they have. single parenting is hard when it comes to that!

spiders... TERRIFIED
    ladders
    airplanes
    death/funerals
    large crowds of people
    unfamiliar places
    the dark
    the silence
    control- or lack there of
    putting on eyeliner... im always afraid imma poke my eyeball out
    i think thats enough for now anyways.
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ok so check this one out.... i am not scared of bugs, reptiles, amphibians, or people or heights, sharks, failure or anything normal.... the things that creep me out are the following:
    operators... specially at night when im alone. just thinking of their voice saying "please hang up and call again" gives me gooosebumps.
    im also scared of white noise... you know when your tv looses signal and it goes into a loud static pixeling.... yeah totally scary
    also, when certain channels dont run all 24 hours and you ge those vertical lines with rainbow colors and a loud beeeeeeeep.... omg makes me wanna die how scared it gets me.
    lets see.... aliens can be scary.... not ufos... aliens.... like imagine if one day i see a ufo.... i would tink... cooool!.... but imagine you are sleeping and you wake up and you see a large alien opening your bedroom door. lol.... maybe i just have a vivid imagination.
    or what about when you are sleeping and you are scared that any body part of yours stays uncovered at night.... specially your feet..... like you know the boogie monstr isnt gonna get you lol... but i guess just in case lol.... omg... im just ridiculous.....
    hope this made someone laugh a bit.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    operators... specially at night when im alone. just thinking of their voice saying "please hang up and call again" gives me gooosebumps.
    im also scared of white noise... you know when your tv looses signal and it goes into a loud static pixeling.... yeah totally scary

I am home alone right now and for some reason these just gave me the creeps! I think these two come up in horror movies often.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I hate spiders and any other creepy crawly bugs. I was once held hostage by a spider because it was on the bathroom door and there was no way in hell I was going to open it. I stood back and drowned it in Glass Plus Window cleaner. I got it squeaky clean and that's about it. Eventually I had to get out. It was the only bathroom we had at the time.
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Heights - although slowly getting better
    Traffic - or maybe that should say driving in traffic
    Mountains - driving up those twists and turns
    Heavy Rain - yep driving in it and not being able to see
    Swimming in the ocean - I grew up at the beach but havent been swimming in a really long time, afraid of what I cant see now
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Losing more of my family
    someone harming or taking my kids
  • kaleidoscopheart
    Options
    Magnets and duplicates.
    The other phobia I find really hard to explain.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have always been scared of clowns since I was 3...now I'm scared and I hate them at the same time lol! I also have a pretty irrational fear of bridges over water...bridges over land do not bother me cuz I'll just hit the ground and die...but slowly drowning and dying when I'm stuck in my car...terrified!! I roll my window down far enuf for me to swim out over every bridge! Even when its -40 out!!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options

The scariest dream I ever had was a sequence of eerie, unmoving "scenes" (like a cat on the hood of a broken down car, just sitting there staring at me, and a perfectly still, black black pond in a foggy wooded area, etc) and each scene was followed by a few seconds of white noise. Was very weird. I've had nightmares since then (I was eight or nine), but nothing creeped me out more than that one.
  • feelingalone
    Options
    I am affraid of telling my supervisor to kiss my A$s! She has me between a rock and a hard place. If I tell her to shove off and quit riding my butt she will write me up or have the sheriff fire me....The BI*CH knows how to pluck the hair that will make you cry!....I wish I were a NINJA! I'd kick her buttttt!
  • Bjornulf
    Bjornulf Posts: 29
    Options
    OK Clown's are a given. As it is right and proper and good that the world hate clowns.
    Some people are afraid of heights, but not me; I am afraid of widths.

Also, this one is rare, being chased around a kitchen table by two timber wolves on a freshly waxed floor while wearing only socks. This one is called Luposlipophobia. There is a support group, but we have no tables anywhere NEAR the place. And we NEVER wax the floor.
  • orangeswild123
    Options
    I'm afraid of:

*Deep water
    *Heights (only if it's windy)
    *Flying
    *Bugs in general, except butterflies I can handle those haha
    *Needles
    *Small spaces

I think that's about it haha! :tongue:
  • Bjornulf
    Bjornulf Posts: 29
    Options
    Oh, also, and this might offend some of you, The Pope. I am afraid of the Vatican City Pope. To all of you out there who think this is silly I say, listen. Any 80+ year old man in a white silk dress who is one hat choice away from being the 'Ultra Grand Dragon Pooba Wizard' of the KKK frightens me to death. But this new guy, Pope Ratzinger, MORTIFIES me.

Papalphobia, I am told, is incurable.

I am sorry if I offended any Catholics out there, but I am an equal opportunity offender. You never know who I might offend next....

And to you King Arthur fans, strange women lying around in ponds distributing weaponry is no basis for a form of government! If I claimed to be an Emperor because some watery Tart had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd have me taken away.