Easter Bunnies Support Group!!!!

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Good morning! I woke up this morning with a terrible back ache. My hubby and I have been doing some remodeling to our porch and decided to add in a sidewalk made out of recycled brick (was in our back yard when we bought this place). So I've spent several days toting bricks and shoveling sand. I don't think its an injury but definately muscles soreness. I am unsure as to whether I should attempt a walk. Think a light walk will do it some good?

Anyway, I hope you all have fantastic days and kick some diet hiney!
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Tammy, I don't see where a walk would hurt you at all. It's good to stretch and gently use those sore muscles, keeps them from tightening up any more than they are. Fantastic job b.t.w. you've done great.

I got my walk in this morning. 40 minutes from home it started to rain, 20 minutes from home it started to sleet. Of course that did cut 5 min off my normal time, cuz I was in an extra hurry to get home. Now I'm headed to a warm shower cuz I'm wet and cold all the way thru!

Have a great day all. Eat them veggies!
    Mary
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    fab job ladies.
    tammy- i think that the brick cutting and laying a path is alot of exercise. maybe just a nice walk to relax those muscles and then a warm bath?
    mary- i think that you did awesome! i don't think i'd go out of the house if it was going to pee down like that. you'd have got a great workout by going faster than usual.

well, i got back to it today- think that yesterday i might have been too tired or it was just too early. so today i ran non stop for 33 mins. and i think i'll carry on just increasing my time slowly like that. but we are coming into winter, and i don't want to go running too much in the rain (i only have 1 pair of running shoes and when they get wet they give me stonking great blisters, and we are somewhat financially limited so i can't afford to go out and buy more or any fancy equipment. that's why running is my thing.). i do have an elliptical thingy in the garage (bought for $20 nzd!), so i'll use that. but i don't know if they equate to each other. if i run on the elliptical, will that help me pound the pavement?

anyway, it sounds like we're all doing ok. i'm looking forward to monday (at the same time as dreading it) to see how well we're all meeting our goals, and how i'm doing mine.

my goals are:
    25/4- 30 mins - done (60 non stop on cross trainer- does it count?)
    27/4- 33 mins - i did this long, but ran and walked it
    28/4- 35 mins - i did 33 mins instead- not looking too flash, but i will catch up!
    29/4- 35 mins
    1/5- 38 mins (but will do more as this is my long run day, but just walk for a few minutes after i hit 38 mins).
  • mbvenske
    I'm not a runner, arthritis in my knees, but fount that the eliptical is great for building my stamina. so I would think that it would help with the running and help with the endurance. You hang in there, you'll get up to that 35 min. I also am looking forward to but at the same time dreading weigh in. I have to work this weekend, don't know if that is good or bad. Won't eat as much, but won't get as long of a walk in. The last thing I want to do after a 12 hr shift on my feet, is walk anymore. Maybe I can try to walk more at work. I'll wear my pedometer and see if I can get my 10,000 steps in.
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Hello!! Sorry for the late post! I took my measurements Monday morning, but forgot to post them. I will be the big 40 next month, and my biggest goal is to run a marathon between this birthday and the next. I also plan to complete a 1/2 in October. I will be finishing up graduate school in ~ 3 weeks. I am currently finishing up my internship in physical therapy, and will be working at an acute care hospital following graduation. My job will be very physically demanding, fast paced, and stressful, so my goal for this next couple of months it to maintain healthy eating habits and maintain my training schedule during this transition. I will also be studying to take my board exam within the next couple of months, so I will have a lot of added stress until that is completed.
    My measurements are:
    Weight: 188
    Upper arm: 13"
    Waist: 34.5"
    R Upper Thigh: 25.5
    Hips: 43"

Good luck everyone!!
    Diana
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Hi Bunnies,

I need help. Please tell me how to break this plateau. Is my cardio ineffective? I usually walk, but I injured my heel and had to lay off and went to stationary bike. Do you think that is it? HELP! Please review my diary if you have time. Thanks in advance

hi tammy.
    i don't know. i think swimming may be a good one for you to do if you can. i agree with pp tho, and suggest just for a few days to drop the carbs abit to see if that can nudge you.

AFM, i did stay away from the freezer the other night... but i really struggle with the whole snacking at night thing.

i went for a run today- got up at 530am to go before work. i ran for 15 minutes, and just couldn't seem to go anymore. my legs were ok, i wasn't too much out of puff. i just psyched myself out. i'm totally doubting myself now, which is crap considering i bought the 1/2 marathon ticket the other day (for oct). it just seems like such a big hill to climb.
    but tomorrow i'll get back on it.

tell me, when you're training at it says 'run for 1hr', do you think that's non-stop?

and hodgey- i know what you mean about being on the loo- me too! at least you've got something to keep you awake at night though!!

i don't work nights, but i am in new zealand and i do work shifts. so i'll be posting at the same time as you night shifters. i worked nights for ages (i'm a nurse) and i don't miss them at all! i'd put on soooooo much weight. pancakes at 3am ain't that good for you apparantly!

Hey!! Active.com has an excellent article on how to train for your first 1/2 marathon. See attached link (hopefully it works if not let me know). Active.com and runnersworld.com are awesome resources, and are totally free.

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/How-to-Train-for-Your-First-Half-Marathon.htm?cmp=282&memberid=80139373&lyrisid=21733509
  • Go Joni - you are doing great. I wouldn't worry about not being able to run the other day, I often have days like that and the next day I'm always raring to go. The eliptical is a great workout if not exactly the same as running, it is kinder on your joints though.

I just did 5k in 30 mins dead. I WILL get under 30 mins by Fri and then have a nice long/slower run on the weekend. I just entered the ballot for 2012 London Marathon so I shall have to up my game.

Keep up the good work girleees!!
  • bonjour24
    thanks for that hessond.
    i really want a good training program to take me from running what i do now to increasing it to 1/2 marathon status- but for free!!!! their ones are $30usd.
    i really ejoyed the article though- made me feel all motivated!!!
    i might make up my own- the general gist of the ones i've read are slowly increasing times with 1 long run a week. i might just make up my own. but i absolutely need a plan to get me there. i can't do it off the cuff- i need to see it and cross it off when i've done it.
    i've got heaps of time, so obviously i'm going to get to 10ks first, then tag on a plan to get to 21ks.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    So I cheated and peaked and got on the scale..... and down 1... YAY!!!!! hoping to be down another 0.5 by my official weigh in day (Fridays).. we will see tho I am just glad Iost this week!!!
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    I cheated and peeked also - down 2.5 lbs (this is my first week - I always do pretty well when I'm all pumped up and excited about getting thin) BUT the next 3 days are going to be rough. I'll be traveling today and tomorrow. I don't think I'll have any chance to exercise, and I'll be eating out. I'm going to pack food for myself, so hopefully I will stick to what I bring. Then on Saturday we have a cookout to go to. Those are never good - all the potato salad, pasta salad, chips, dips, cookies, other yummy desserts, etc... I have a weakness for cookout/party foods. Hopefully, since I am very goal oriented right now that will give me the motivation to stay strong and make healthy choices. As long as I don't gain any of the weight back that I've lost so far I will be VERY happy!!! :o)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Sweetnic, you can do it! Take a veggie tray to the cook out or a fruit tray. I've started packing fruit and other healthy things when I travel, and always carry a case of water. That way its easier to stick to my no coke policy!
  • mbvenske
    Good morning everyone! Hope all have a great day. I'm extremely hungry this morning and have no idea why. But even after having breakfast all I wanna do is eat. I'm gonna do a walk on my treadmill and then go shopping with my girlfriend. Hopefully that will help keep me away from the food.

Be strong today everyone!
    Mary
  • mbvenske
    Sweetnic, maybe its a good idea that you sneeked a peek, that will be your motivation for your long weekend. Have fun, and I agree with previious post, take a food or veggie tray along Your contributing AND you have no guilt food.
  • Hope everyone is having a great day! I've been stuck between 190-192 for a week or so now. When I first started TurboFire, I dropped 4 pounds the first week. I'm trying to remind myself that I didn't gain all this weight overnight and I can't lose it that way either. It's just frustrating sometimes to see the scale not moving.
    Time to start the Fire....keep up the great work everyone!
  • mbvenske
    Hope everyone is having a great day! I've been stuck between 190-192 for a week or so now. When I first started TurboFire, I dropped 4 pounds the first week. I'm trying to remind myself that I didn't gain all this weight overnight and I can't lose it that way either. It's just frustrating sometimes to see the scale not moving.
    Time to start the Fire....keep up the great work everyone!

Stick with it. I know it's frustrating. I'm one that works, works, works, and no matter what I do I'm not gonna lose faster than about 1 to 1.5 a week. I know that's healthy way, but when I go from doing nothing and eating anything, to working out 5 days a week and watching what I eat you would think it would come off faster than that. ANYWAY, it'll come off, stick with it.
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Mary -
    Ugh... I HATE days like that - It's so hard when you can't get full, then it almost becomes an obsession! I hope you get distracted by shopping! :o)

I like the fruit/vegie tray suggestion... I think I will do that!

Thanks! I hope you all have a great day!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    I would love to be an Easter Bunny! I am a mother of 2, 6 year old girl and 7 month old boy! My name is Marianne and I live in Palmetto, Florida, that's on the west coast of Florida. It's already too hot here to exercise outside! :sad: I have lost about 42 pounds so far and still have about 82 to go! By the end of May I would love to be out of the 230's but to be realistic I'll say 234, which would be 50 pounds lost!
    I don't have my measurement handy so I'll post those later!
    SW for this challenge as of Monday 4/25/11 is 244 pounds!
    GW for this Challenge is 234!

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • mbvenske
    Welcome mfkfoster, and way to go on the loss so far. That is absolutely awesome!!
    I was able to stay away from the snacking. BUT, we went to Olive Garden for lunch. and I got 1060 cals for lunch alone. So, I came home and did another 30 minutes on my treadmill. So I am still have about 700 cals left for supper/evening. I'm happy!

Hope everyone had a great day. ~Mary
  • bonjour24
    hi marianne- welcome!
    i know what you mean about it being too hot- i live in new zealand where the summers are boiling. i'd always go out early morning where i could, or evening. you can make it work :-)

it's fab everyone is doing well.

sweetnic- that's why i think it's good that we weigh in on a monday- gives us a little extra motivation to practice damage limitation over the weekend! i know i'm going to be extra careful- it's my weekend off too ( i work shifts and only get 1 weekend off in 8). so, i am going to be kind to myself and allow treats, but i'm gonna make sure i make up for it by running my bum off!!!

i'm too nervous to weigh myself early- i know i'm staying in my calorie allowance, but i'm not necessarily eating well, iykwim. that makes me more determined to get better at this.

i ran on my elliptical thingy before, it was hard for me today. i begrudgingly went for 35 minutes. i'm glad i have a hrm, because the mfp program seems to think i'm like a ninja and can run like sebastian co, and burn at least 100 more calories than i actually do.

but at least that's one more day off my list- edging ever closer to my goal.

i found a running plan that seems to fit me- it's based on running times (rather than distance- i'm a girl and don't get distances!!). i'm going to give it a go and see how far i get. i just can't do the interval training- it doesn't make sense to me (apart from c25k, which is awesome), and the one i've got gradually increases times to about 60 mins. but i think i will still try to get in 1 long run every 1 or 2 weeks.

i'll see how that one pans out.

how's your running going, hodgey? you're just there, nearly breaking the 30mins for 5k- awesomeness! i did 4.6ks in 33 mins yesterday. i was pleased. it's the first time i've really been interested in my time- usually i'm just pleased to get home without dying!!
  • mbvenske
    Do you think it would be possible to get everyones name? Easier to remember (and spell without looking back) usually than the log names. Mine is Mary.
This discussion has been closed.