Easter Bunnies Support Group!!!!

Options

Replies

• sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am happy to report that I did FABULOUS these past three days of traveling, eating out and a cookout/going away party. I am not normally one to brag about myself, but I am just so pleased with myself for making good choices and not obsessing over food that I shouldn't eat, but focusing on all the yummy foods I could eat. You all sound like you are doing great as well... I am so impressed with you runners. I just don't have it in me, I don't think. I'll just stick with my walking, elliptical, and occasional p90x for now. :o) I am excited to weigh in tomorrow!

My sister has a heart rate monitor and loves it. All this talk about it on here makes me think investing in one is a pretty good idea. Especially when I do p90x. I have to guess my calories burned when I do that and I have no idea how close I am to the real number. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling guilty because we are sitting around doing nothing. We've been busting out humps on home repais, and we need a day off! I am thinking I might go for a walk though...just so I feel like I've accomplished something today! Great job everyone on all your accomplishments this weekend!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Options
    Ok, I did it. I walked only a mile, but I walked and now don't feel so guilty for taking a day of rest. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    Ok, I did it. I walked only a mile, but I walked and now don't feel so guilty for taking a day of rest. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Good for you! A little bit is better than nothing. :o) I don't feel like doing anything today either, and keep putting it off! lol I guess I better just get to it. 30 minutes. That's all I've got in me today.
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nicole, I'm really glad for you that you had a good weekend. And you for sure can be proud of yourself!! If we aren't proud and happy for ourselves than we can't achieve what we set out to do. You rock!!

Tammy, You got a small walk in, and that is absolutely great! It's Sunday, and who feels like doing anything on Sunday? But we all have to do at least a small amount. For ourselves.

Everyone is doing so great!! What great motivation we all have and what a super weigh in we are going to have tomorrow. I can't wait to see it!!! ~Mary
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    so far so good today! ate good, pushed super hard through Fire 45 this morning and then hung out and watched TV with the husband all afternoon!
    everyone is doing great! I'm hoping i'm down at least a pound tomorrow! need to break this plateau!
  • Hodgeypodgy
    Hodgeypodgy Posts: 45
    Options
    Well I've just been for a run to test my new HRM out and it said I burned 308 cals doing my usual 5k. That's about 24 less than what my nike+ or treadmill usually tell me but not vastly off the mark. I liked that it synced to the treadmill I was using though.

Mary, Slimming World is a group like Weight Watchers. It is very popular in the UK and I believe the US has some groups as well. I know loads of people who have lost a lot of weight using the system. I found it to be less restrictive than WW as you can eat unlimited fruit and veg. Here is the US website http://www.slimmingworldusa.com/.

If I wasn't overseas I would still be going. I am still kinda keeping to the system but also using MFP to keep an eye on my overall calories.

I didn't weight this evening as I feel really bloated. I think not swimming this week has had an impact on any losses. I will go and weigh when I get up this afternoon though and post my weigh in tonight, no matter how small it may be.

Have a great day everyone xx
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too....I will weigh and measure in the morning....time for me to go to sleep.

Hodgey...what kind of HRM did you get?? I am looking at several of them and looking for advice
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hi all.

just thought i'd pop in and give a heads up about the calorie burn numbers.

i did 53 minutes on my elliptical (blah- i nearly died, i swear). BUT............ the monitor on the elliptical said i'd burned 345 cals, MFP said 747, and my hrm said 517. i'm going with my hrm. but if the numbers you're going off are the mfp ones, i think they estimate the burn too high.

just wanted to let you know.

how are we doing for the monday weigh in? when we're all done, i'll knock up a list of who has lost how much. i lost 1kg! i must be honest and say i was hoping for about 20kgs! but i'll take 1 (that's about 2lbs). in 3 weeks since starting on mfp i've lost just over 4kgs or about 9lbs.

i look forward to the scales saying 93.9 kgs. and i worked out that 90kgs is ONEderland! so nearly there!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My weight last money was 219 and 217 this morning so down 2 pounds! :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds this week. Down to 199.5 this week .
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    189! one pound down, hopefully I broke the plateau and can keep losing!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Options
    I've lost .8 pound. Looks like we are all on a roll!
  • mbvenske
    Options
    ohhhh this is exciting, everyone doing so well. I went from 228.6 to 226.6 so I am down exactly 2. I'm so excited for all of us. And now I'm even motivated to go do my treadmill walk. It snowed/sleeted last night here so the roads are icy so that's why I have to stay indoors.

Congratulations everyone!!!! ~Mary
  • mbvenske
    Options
    I would like to join too....I will weigh and measure in the morning....time for me to go to sleep.

Hodgey...what kind of HRM did you get?? I am looking at several of them and looking for advice

Welcome!!
  • KayleesTryin
    KayleesTryin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well, I am officially down 1 pound even. Not too shabby considering I celebrated my birthday this weekend (I was NOT a good girl) and it is TOM. sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.4 pounds his week. Not too bad considering that TOM is visiting and I haven't really exercised. I need to start up agin. I'll be trying to walk at least 2 mile per day again. That's my goal for this week!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds!

I am so happy, because the week before (which was the week before Easter & Easter weekend) I GAINED 2 pounds. I was hoping just to get myself back to my starting point, but I have have a number on my ticker now other than 0! It looks like everyone has lost this week so far... keep up the good work!!!
  • mbvenske
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!! Are we good or what?!?
  • Hodgeypodgy
    Hodgeypodgy Posts: 45
    Options
    Well done every one, I am chuffed to pieces for us all. I lost 1lb so I am pleased with that. I know as I get closer to target I will lose more slowly but it is the right direction at least. I just hope I can hit my next goal of 133 lbs by 13 June. I so want to shock my pals back home by looking super slinky in my ball dress.

Anyway I'm just back from the gym and did another sub 30 mins 5 k. (29 mins and 20 secs to be exact). My HRM said 299 cals. I then did 15 mins on the rower and that showed as 112 cals. So not bad.

Cherub, I have the Polar FT4 it is very basic but does everything I need at the moment. I also use Nike+ GPS on my Iphone which keeps track of my miles/pace etc and I love that.

Hope we all have a super duper healthy week,

Claire x