Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OK, Day 3 Level 1 complete!! I had a harder time getting through it again today...I think it is because I am sore, but I hope it gets better soon!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the 10 lb weights!! I just did hydrostatic testing to determine accurate body fat vs lean mass - definitely has me encouraged to build more lean muscle mass.

Today I can finally straighten my biceps fully after burning them out on 8lbs the first two days:) Might be time to go back up and try the 8's again.
    Thanks for the motivation!
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Woke up today with my legs KILLING me. I am still planning on powering through the shred today and hopefully it wont be too bad. I'm going to stretch out my legs and arms before starting it.
  • jasonsmom001
    jasonsmom001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 level 1. I was using 5lb weights and I'm going up to 10lb weights. It gets better every day. You just have to stick with it. I have not modified anything yet. I plan to start level 2 on Sunday. I will probably go back to 5 ilb weights to see how level 2 is and then move back up to 10lb weights.

I've been using 3 pound weights, but think I might increase to 5 lb.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    Ive decided Im starting it tomorrow. Who wants to do it with me!!?? Lets do it!!
    Ill weigh, measure and take before pics in the morning.
    I did it for the 1st time yesterday and thought I was going to die...but I did it! I am SO SORE today though! Whew, just getting up out of my chair at work is a painful experience (ha). At least I know it is working!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Day 5 and the soreness was much less this morning.
    Keep at it everyone!!

I'm still a sweaty mess after Level 1 though:)
    I'm also doing the 100 Push Ups program, and today was w1d2 of that...meaning an extra 53 push ups (on knees) for me!!
    http://www.hundredpushups.com/week1.html

My shoulders WILL be tank top ready this year dammit!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I know I'm a bit behind, but such is life. I just completed week 1 day 1, and I can already tell my shoulders/upper arms will be super sore tomorrow! I did ok on the abs, but the cardio/strength parts were pretty tough. I took my measurements on Saturday, so I'm going to just count those as my starting measurements:

So here we go:
    Weight: 173
    Neck: 13.25
    Bust: 40
    Waist: 34.25
    Pooch (haha): 41.5
    Hips: 43
    Arm: 13.25
    Thigh: 24.25

I'm not sure whether I'll do it every day... I'm going to try. I'm also trying to finish up the last 2.5 weeks of C25K. I'm hoping to be able to do both.
  • mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I so didn't want to do this EVERY day, I kept telling myself I was going to take "rest" days but I am finding that if I push through being sore I feel so much better when I am done and even better the next morning! just keep at it, this will all be worth it!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Ok ladies, I so didn't want to do this EVERY day, I kept telling myself I was going to take "rest" days but I am finding that if I push through being sore I feel so much better when I am done and even better the next morning! just keep at it, this will all be worth it!

Just how I feel! While I'm doing the workout I am miserable, cursing, sweating, etc but if I push my self and get through it I feel AMAZING afterwards. It's very rewarding getting through it and seeing improvements. I am already doing more pushups and can get through the cardio parts better.
  • mrmchap
    Options
    Level 1 day 3 DONE! I'm not going to lie, I am still having a VERY hard time making it through the work out, but I have to remind myself for the past 7 years I have been a stay at home Mom who has slowly over time become less and less active. I'm not going to be able to get up today and be right where I was 7 years ago! I CAN DO THIS, and I will. I will just keep pushing through and stay at level 1 until I feel I am ready to move on.

Push ups and cardio are still my weakness but I am getting better :)

I am going to take my measurements today, I am sure there not any different from 2 days ago I just haven't had a chance to get them yet.
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Finally started today - a few days late but better than never hey! I decided just to go back to level 1, which was a bit sickening as I'd pretty much just finished level 2 three weeks ago before going away and eating and drinking my way around Spain.

Funny thing is, I only put on about 3lbs in Spain, but I feel like it's so much more. Everything seems to be wobbling again. This has lead me to understand that even when I do finally complete level 3, I can't simply stop. It doesn't take much for all those inches lost and the tightness gained to turn to flab again :(

So Day 1 Level 1 Complete. I might move on to L2 after about 5 days or so but one way or another I'll do 30 days of the shred.

I'm cosy in my PJs now with a cuppa so will take the measurements in the morning. Can't wait to watch myself disappear before my very eyes thanks to Ms. Michaels. She really is a miracle worker!

C xx
  • K1tt
    K1tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    am I too late to join? I could do with some motivation and will measure and start tomorrow.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Of course you can join! Theres several people here at different phases of the shred. Come on in and get going!!

Whew - today I worked out too close to lunch. I thought I might ralph during the ab portions. Ive got to figure out when the optimal time for me to get this in during the day is. With little ones, I kind of wait for a lull but maybe thats not my best option!
  • Meekah44
    Meekah44 Posts: 34
    Options
    I just ordered the DVD off of Amazon this morning! Cant wait to get it and start!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Anyone else's legs so sore that they have to shuffle around because they can't walk properly?
  • mrmchap
    Options
    Anyone else's legs so sore that they have to shuffle around because they can't walk properly?

I told my husband mine are so sore it hurts to stand up from using the toilet! He thinks its funny, I said to him it may be only because he can stand to pee!
  • Ashtrizzle
    Options
    Day three level one. I am currently working through shin splints after doing a day without shoes...guess my legs didn't like that. I'm doing pretty well expect the strength part is still kickin my butt. Not really feeling sore though strangely enough.
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 27, three more to go. Holy **** it IS possible!! I know what you mean by hating doing it. I don't hate doing it, but I do hate starting ot each day. I argue with myself until I say, "You can't quit NOW!!" and then I just suck it up and do it.
    I will post my progress from the 30 days when I'm finished.
    I don't know what I'll do after day 30... any suggestions?
    Keep it up everyone!! You CAN do it!
  • JennWhit10
    Options
    Day 27, three more to go. Holy **** it IS possible!! I know what you mean by hating doing it. I don't hate doing it, but I do hate starting ot each day. I argue with myself until I say, "You can't quit NOW!!" and then I just suck it up and do it.
    I will post my progress from the 30 days when I'm finished.
    I don't know what I'll do after day 30... any suggestions?
    Keep it up everyone!! You CAN do it!

Yay.You're almost done.Thats such a great accomplishment.=) Well done.! I have the Jillian "The Biggest Winner" DVD set. Its a collection of 5 dvd's at 30 minutes each. Working ALL areas imaginable. Shes killer but its nice switching things up everyday and it works! Just a thought if you like Jillians training style.!

My main areas of sorness are arms. I was literally shaking getting through those side lung/arms last night, but Im proud to say I pulled through. I didnt love day 2, but I felt like I pushed hard all the way through finishing the whole thing. Bring it ONNNN day 3.=) Im also going to do some walking/jogging over the weekend. Its suppose to be beautiful out in my neck of the woods.!
    Good luck everyone.!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    DAY 4 EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont feel nearly as sore today so the plan is to attack a little harder today. Push push push! I had a terrible food evening last night and feel like I need the butt kicking anyways ;)