Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    YAY! The timing is perfect and I've never done it.
  • mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sadly I am going to have to start over in a few days or in a week :( I'm going to keep working out but I threw my hip out of alignment today and I hurt so bad! I can't get into my Chiropractor until Monday and I have a funny feeling it's going to take a few adjustments to get me back in alignment and I know he will not want me doing much until I am back where I need to be. Until then I am going to keep trying to do what I can if it doesn't cause pain.
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just want to let you know that it IS possible!
    I just completed Day 30. I had started this challenge last year, and gave up after Day 7.
    It helped me to really want to complete it this time.
    And now I am thinking, what now? I'm kind of in a state of disbelief!
    Hang in there everyone! You can do it!
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just want to let you know that it IS possible!
    I just completed Day 30. I had started this challenge last year, and gave up after Day 7.
    It helped me to really want to complete it this time.
    And now I am thinking, what now? I'm kind of in a state of disbelief!
    Hang in there everyone! You can do it!

AWESOME JOB!!!! What were your results??? we LOVE success stories!
  • perktms
    Options
    I didn't lose alot of weight - about three pounds. But I lost five inches on my hips, waist and bust overall.
    To be honest, I was expecting more, but that's pretty fast if you think about it.
    30 days... not really a long time in the whole span of things. And I wasn't following the 30 Day Shred meal plan.
    That may have increased my results.
    Overall, I'm pretty pleased - I was able to complete the thirty days, I've seen a definite improvement in my fitness level and my ability to to all the activities, and I lost a bit of weight and some inches.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Weve almost made it a week guys!!!!! Lets keep it up!
    How is everyone going to switch levels. Every 10 days? Thats what Im thinking. Im still struggling a little with all of level one so maybe a few more days on it will get me better prepared for level 2.
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started from yesterday, did today as well. Can I still join in?
  • juliecat1
    Options
    Sure!

Okay so dumb question.... is the actual exercise time just 20 minutes or is it longer? I just noticed someone log it as 27min and checked my video and its about 30min long. She talks a lot in the beginning but not 10min worth. Im only logging it as 20 but maybe its longer? haha
  • perktms
    Options
    Sure!

Okay so dumb question.... is the actual exercise time just 20 minutes or is it longer? I just noticed someone log it as 27min and checked my video and its about 30min long. She talks a lot in the beginning but not 10min worth. Im only logging it as 20 but maybe its longer? haha

Not a dumb question. She does three six minute circuits, so 18 minutes plus a warm up and cool down. I always logged it as 20 minutes of circuit training general.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Well, I took the weekend off of 30ds. I helped my mom move into her new apartment and that was work out enough! I'm going to get back on it tomorrow. I am thinking about switching to level 2 on Wednesday.... Not sure yet though. I guess it depends on how I feel when that time rolls around.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So I had to take yesterday off. I wasn't planning to, but I ran a 5K in the morning and I completely hit a wall. My body was absolutely screaming for some rest, to the point of me feeling extremely ill. So, I didn't get to 30DS yesterday, but after some rest I jumped on to Day 6 today and felt pretty good. There is still some soreness in some of my muscles, but that is getting better. I am ready to kick out the rest of this thing!
  • JennWhit10
    JennWhit10 Posts: 32
    Options
    A sick 9 month old as well as myself in my house.:/ Its been a rough weekend so I didnt get my 30ds in. Looks like Ill be picking up day 4 tonight. This might be rough.!
  • slow2go
    slow2go Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I missed three days :( so today was day 5. I have been doing Jillian's Ripped in 30. But it has to go back to the Library tomorrow.. I will be doing the 30DS starting Wednesday. I have such a hard time getting it done over the wkends. I am having a hard time making good food choices. I am going to keep trying. On a good note I feel stronger when doing my workout and not sore. I like that!!!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I also took day(s) off - Friday due to mental tired and Sunday due to body tired.
    BUT WE'RE ALL STILL DOING IT!! Getting right back on that horse tonight.

This week I plan to switch to Level 2 on Thursday.

Anyone want to commit to that too?? I could use the accountability and commiseration:)
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I plan to take every weekend off of 30DS. Bodies need recovery time at least from the strength training. During the weekends though, I plan on taking my dog for walks, go explore the local parks, dance around like a loon while cleaning my house, etc.
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3. Was much better today, didn't rest as much as first day, I am still sore but it's a happy ache today :)
  • juliecat1
    Options
    I am SO glad to see so many of you back at it!! I didnt take a day off from the shred but I didnt do so hot on eating this weekend. I think we all just need mental/physical breaks sometimes. Listen to your body!

I am back in gear did the shred this morning and just got in from a nice brisk walk and playing at the park. Im feeling ready to try level 2. Im committing to doing it WED but if I feel okay tomorrow - I may just do it then. Yikes!! Level two!!!
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had done 6 days of it up to yesterday. My kids kept interrupting me on Saturday and Sunday but I still managed to do it, definitely found it easier. I completely forgot about it today and I was half way through a bottle of beer and realised that I had not done it so will have to do extra tomorrow.

I could barely move the first few days but defintiely found day 5&6 so much easier and am so much fighter.

made the fatal mistake of weighing myself and i'm up 2lbs (boo) but I re-measured my waist and I had lost 1 inch already so didn't feel too bad.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OK, so I wasn't going to measure yet, but I put on some jeans this morning and they weren't nearly as tight as they have been...so I measured just my thighs and I am down 1 inch each! I felt really good about that and I stopped the measuring there, but when I put the belt on I went one hole smaller. I will weigh in on Wednesday then do the "official" measurements next Monday, but I was happy with the "sneak peak".
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I am SO glad to see so many of you back at it!! I didnt take a day off from the shred but I didnt do so hot on eating this weekend. I think we all just need mental/physical breaks sometimes. Listen to your body!

I am back in gear did the shred this morning and just got in from a nice brisk walk and playing at the park. Im feeling ready to try level 2. Im committing to doing it WED but if I feel okay tomorrow - I may just do it then. Yikes!! Level two!!!

I messed up food wise this weekend too. I am definitely shooting for level 2 on Wednesday but I'm not quite sure I'm ready. I still cant fully do lvl 1 with out stopping. I guess I'll see how I'm feeling come Wednesday