Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was so tired tonight I didn't want to do the Shred. I didn't sleep well and had a long busy day...but I did it anyway! Level 1 Day 7 Complete!! Ha, take that insomnia!!!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So Julie inspired me to go ahead and try level 2 this morning...surprise! It's a killer workout! :) BUT, totally doable! It felt great to mix it up and plank-jacks are my new favorite thing to feel I must conquer. I'll be adding them in to my other workouts for sure.
    Of note: I think many people will need to modify at least a couple of the moves...I encourage you to remember it is your workout and your body. But definitely stick with it!

I had to tone down my jumping jacks and pendulum lunges due to some knee pain...so I marched w high knees and did a more controlled, smaller lunge.

LEVEL 2 day 1 complete!!
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I still find myself stopping 1-2 times per circuit on lvl 1. Anyone else still stopping a lot? I thought I would be doing better by now. I want to go to level 2 tomorrow but I'm not sure I should. I figured I would switch them level 1 became pretty easy. What do you all think?
  • sweetmanjd
    Options
    I don't think these workouts ever get "easy". I'd suggest trying level 2 just to mix it up...it didn't feel significantly more intense to me, just different. See what you think...the worst that happens is you go back to 1 for a while.

I have a friend who only ever does level 1 (she does it 3x week now, with a running program) and she is ALWAYS challenged by it and continues to tone and get stronger.

Just keep at it...any way that works for you!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I don't think these workouts ever get "easy". I'd suggest trying level 2 just to mix it up...it didn't feel significantly more intense to me, just different. See what you think...the worst that happens is you go back to 1 for a while.

I have a friend who only ever does level 1 (she does it 3x week now, with a running program) and she is ALWAYS challenged by it and continues to tone and get stronger.

Very true! I will try level 2 tomorrow and if it is just too hard, I can always go back to level one for a little bit. I definitely need a change. I am starting to really hate level 1 rofl.
  • NikkiTaber
    Options

Very true! I will try level 2 tomorrow and if it is just too hard, I can always go back to level one for a little bit. I definitely need a change. I am starting to really hate level 1 rofl.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    way to go on starting level 2!!

And I agree - I dont think theyll ever get easy so Id go ahead and move on too. Im sort of bored with the same ol routine too so Im looking forward to learning a new one.
  • Charice
    Options

Let me know how it goes on level 2. I am thinking of switching either Thurs or Fri. I am about like you not feeling that it is easy, stopping for a few seconds a couple of times (second set of "jump rope" is torture!). I will be interested how the change is. Good luck!
  • sweetmanjd
    Options
    Hey Charice - I actually do more of a side-to-side jump rope...shifting weight from one foot to the other - not exactly a straight up and down bounce w both legs. Somehow seem easier on the impact for my knees. Check out this video...at about 56 seconds in he hits his stride w the same kind of jump I do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf2igDyHfKg
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Didn't do 30 day shred yesterday 03/05/2011 - Instead did Zumba for an hour.
  • juliecat1
    Options
    I do the same thing on the jump rope. Im going for level 2 later today. Im really nervous about it!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I do the same thing on the jump rope. Im going for level 2 later today. Im really nervous about it!

Same lol. In about 2 hours I am going to attempted level 2. If you haven't done it yet I will let you know how it goes. Good luck!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I have discovered a new enemy and thy name is planks! Those things killed me in level 2! I felt like it was my very first day again. This is going to be killer. I totally dragged *kitten* the whole workout. I hope I do better tomorrow!
  • juliecat1
    Options
    I have discovered a new enemy and thy name is planks! Those things killed me in level 2! I felt like it was my very first day again. This is going to be killer. I totally dragged *kitten* the whole workout. I hope I do better tomorrow!

I was just coming to say the same thing Nikki!!! And those walking pushups! thats how it STARTS!!?? Im glad I didnt prewatch it before I did it or Im sure I wouldve chickened out. But you know what.... I DID IT!! It was slow and rough but I managed to do them all!
    I would suggest shoes for this one if you werent already. I did most of level one without shoes and did this one without too. But I felt like I needed more support and grip for all the planks. If this workout doesnt rip my arms and abs - I dont know what will!
  • juliecat1
    Options
    I may be a total loon but I think Im going to get some water and do level one. I felt like I spent so much time watching the moves first that I missed some of the burn. So Im going to go ahead and do it for good measure.

I may regret this in the morning:laugh:
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I may be a total loon but I think Im going to get some water and do level one. I felt like I spent so much time watching the moves first that I missed some of the burn. So Im going to go ahead and do it for good measure.

I may regret this in the morning:laugh:

:huh: you crazy! lol. I sort of feel the same way but if i have to listen to Jillian for another 20 mins i will go insane. Im going to be doing yoga later but I think I might hop on my exercise bike or go take my dog for a long walk.
  • Charice
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion on the jump rope...I wish I had read that before I did it this morning, but I will try it tomorrow for sure! SO...I had to go to the Dr this morning and, of course, they weighed me...I am down over 3 lbs this week! 30 Day Shred may be hard, but by golly it's working! I am finding too that I kind of like the burn in my muscles...and I really like the feeling that "I did it again" after it is over! BTW, the Dr asked what I was doing because he said I "Look great, and I am seeing a lot less (pun) of you". Total NSV!

So Nikki and Julie, how would you rate Level 2 on a scale from one to 10 if Level one is a 4? Be honest, this won't count on your final grade ;-).
  • juliecat1
    Options
    Charice,

Oh goodness... ranking. Hmmm.... 7 today anyways. It was rough in a whole new way than level 1. Worked different muscles entirely it seemed. The cardio moves looked scary but I found them a lot easier than expected. I dont know if thats because my cardio has improved so much since starting or if it was just not that bad. The plank work does suck though!
  • juliecat1
    Options
    And I meant to say congrats on the weight loss!! Thats great!!
  • katie7823
    katie7823 Posts: 1
    Options
    Where do I go to start this 30 day shred??