If someone was to go onto your profile....

Options

Replies

• mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i dont think there anything wrong with it at all! unless u come sayin some ish like... " i wanna bend u over and take u from behind" lmao. but i dont think many of us have had that happen. and if u have, tell em to shoot me a message...;) totally jp! lol.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
    Flattered though somethings on my profile page may cause you to blush LOL

Hey, the stuff I say is not that bad, yeah, I do you make you blush though don't I :blushing: :blushing:
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    i dont think there anything wrong with it at all! unless u come sayin some ish like... " i wanna bend u over and take u from behind" lmao. but i dont think many of us have had that happen. and if u have, tell em to shoot me a message...;) totally jp! lol.

Oh, so that is how you like it, PM coming soon, and well, I can't say it here:bigsmile:
  • CmGoode
    CmGoode Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would be flattered, but I wouldn't read much more into it. It is a compliment, so I take it as such. I think that when people read into things, that's where the problem is.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'd take it as a complete compliment. I don't get htt on or complimented on my looks, so if that were to happen, I'd be flattered. While I'm married, it still makes me feel good if other people are attracted to me too! Not that I'm going to or trying to hook up with them, it's just a compliment and feels good. No creeper about it!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Karleyyy: It really depends with me..if it is on my profile it isn't bad, and it depends on the person saying it.
    bobbisoxx: gonna have to agree depending on the type of message and who sends it.

"Depends on the person" translates to "whether or not I find them attractive myself," no? I mean, that is really what it comes down to isn't it? You do not mind a compliment from someone else that you yourself find "hot" but a compliment from someone less desirable gives off 'creepy' vibes. It is pretty much a minefield that I myself try not to play in.

I meant that I am 19, andd if a 60 year oldsends it I will be creeped out.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Flattered though somethings on my profile page may cause you to blush LOL
    and its blocked and was so wanting to blush today

Ditto! :blushing: :laugh:
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm personally offended. Especially when it's said in a very perverted way.

Sorry Michelle, but one of your pictures is practically an invitation for comments. It isn't the type of semi-clothed pictures that people use to track their progress.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    and call you hot (or anything along those lines) would you be offended, or flattered? I know there are some of you that get that a lot anyway, but I have run into some people that don't like it...I know this isn't a dating site, but it is nice to here sometimes! :)

Were*

Sorry...I misread. I liked you better when I thought you said you liked pervy ones.
  • TheGoktor
    Options

Sorry Michelle, but one of your pictures is practically an invitation for comments. It isn't the type of semi-clothed pictures that people use to track their progress.

Very good point! But perhaps Michelle doesn't realise how provocative that photo is??

It could be argued that people should be free to post suggestive pictures without being hit on. My personal feeling however, is that if you go looking for trouble, you'll probably find it! If I posted a photo like that of myself, I *would* expect that some people would see it as an invitation. That being the case, I could hardly then say I was offended when people responded!
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    and call you hot (or anything along those lines) would you be offended, or flattered? I know there are some of you that get that a lot anyway, but I have run into some people that don't like it...I know this isn't a dating site, but it is nice to here sometimes! :)

Were*

Sorry...I misread. I liked you better when I thought you said you liked pervy ones.

I *did* wonder why you laughed a lot at that post... now I know why you did! :bigsmile:
  • NobodyKnows
    Options

Very good point! But perhaps Michelle doesn't realise how provocative that photo is??

It could be argued that people should be free to post suggestive pictures without being hit on. My personal feeling however, is that if you go looking for trouble, you'll probably find it! If I posted a photo like that of myself, I *would* expect that some people would see it as an invitation. That being the case, I could hardly then say I was offended when people responded!

I am not suggesting her picture is an invitation to ALL comments, but I wouldn't expect someone to get offended by a "you're hot" type of comment with that picture.
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    I am not suggesting her picture is an invitation to ALL comments, but I wouldn't expect someone to get offended by a "you're hot" type of comment with that picture.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were! And yes, I agree - some comments are possibly going to be out of line - hence me saying that people ought to be able to post pictures of themselves without the threat of unwanted perving. Still, if you're going to, you have to expect an amount of it - we don't live in an ideal world, after all!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I meant that I am 19, andd if a 60 year oldsends it I will be creeped out.

I don't really see the difference.
  • NobodyKnows
    Options

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were! And yes, I agree - some comments are possibly going to be out of line - hence me saying that people ought to be able to post pictures of themselves without the threat of unwanted perving. Still, if you're going to, you have to expect an amount of it - we don't live in an ideal world, after all!

It wasn't that I felt you were implying it, just that I wanted to make it clear that I do not believe that suggestive photos are an invitation to vulgar comments. Honestly, if I didn't know her opinion on the matter I would have probably gave her a compliment. I keep my perving to my friends that welcome it. :bigsmile:
  • ImBabyBunny
    Options
    I just take the complement! ...It may be weird if they say something in regards to your chest/lower region.

But just saying ''Your legs are so strong and fit looking!'' that don't sound sexually to me? ( Men, Who knows!)

or just saying ''Your a very pretty women.'' That might just make my day!

And I think the way they say it has a lot to do with the meaning as well, if it's a very tasteful and sincere complement. It don't sound sexually to me.

Something like, ''Hey girl,Nice *kitten*!'' .....It makes me just want to turn and RUN away! It sounds disrespectful.
    It has taken me a long time to learn how to except a complement...When I give them to other women, for me it's like looking at a beautiful painting, sculpture, sunset....something that just catches your eye and think...''Wow....how beautiful!''
  • NobodyKnows
    Options
    I just take the complement! ...It may be weird if they say something in regards to your chest/lower region.

But just saying ''Your legs are so strong and fit looking!'' that don't sound sexually to me? ( Men, Who knows!)

or just saying ''Your a very pretty women.'' That might just make my day!

And I think the way they say it has a lot to do with the meaning as well, if it's a very tasteful and sincere complement. It don't sound sexually to me.

Something like, ''Hey girl,Nice *kitten*!'' .....It makes me just want to turn and RUN away! It sounds disrespectful.
    It has taken me a long time to learn how to except a complement...When I give them to other women, for me it's like looking at a beautiful painting, sculpture, sunset....something that just catches your eye and think...''Wow....how beautiful!''

Nice eyeball.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Im blushing.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    If done with tact, I find it flattering. I have told women on MFP that they are looking great, amazing transformation, and even say, nice flat tummy, but saying hot, sexy, or smokin' is something I would not want to say for fear of making a woman feel uncomfortable. You can boost someone's confidence with the right words.

If I have known them for awhile on here, I might say you are looking hot, because they know me well enough.

I am married, but if a woman on here said I looked good, I would be flattered.
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    I wish somebody would!
    Just joking, but I would be flattered.