P90X and Beach Body products

124»

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    :tongue: Rach,

I'm hittin' Core Syn tonight! Is that a workout of what??? Superman, banana, superman, banana....

It's great! Kenpo is by far my favorite! Martial arts is where my background lies and it makes it easier to get lost in it and give it 100%.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    All this P90x talk has me pumped and ready to get home and hit my Core Synergistics! Banana Rolls and Bow to boat...here I come! :laugh:

And don't forget Dreya rolls and prison cell pushups! Love those!
  • I have Slim in 6 already and have been thinking about quiting my gym because I seem to spend a lot of time in the car just getting there and it is $50 per month. Anyway this thread got me excited about trying P90x because I do like my gym Bootcamp/toning type classes. I just ordered the full set with books and calendar on Amazon for $120 with shipping. It was not much cheaper then ordering it directly from Beachbody (I saved $20) but I trust Amazon and their affliates. I noticed that they reccomend buying a resistance band - does anybody know if handweights work just as well or should I go buy a band?
  • RachVR6
    Hand weights work great!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    It sounds like you are quite fit and know about lifting weights. I would say go the P90X, but then again it is a 6 day a week program, so if you are only a weekend type of athlete, it wouldn't be for you. They also have something called Ten Minute Trainer, with multiple dvd's and you can do as few as one or combine a few for a full workout. Something about stacking exercises, makes it quite effective, and people say it gives you a real good workout, that the 10 minutes seemed like 30. HTH

Thanks for the response. I am OK with the 6 day/week change; I actually want to get into that level of commitment. While I'm reasonably fit I'd say I'm more capable from a strength basis than a cardio basis (ie, when I use the treadmill I walk/jog for 30-40 mins; I can't jog the whole time). It seemed P90x would be above my current capabilities; maybe not? Appreciate the help! Mike

Then it sounds like you would be a good candidate for the x. Cardio components are kenpo which is sort of like kickboxing and a plyo workout (ugh) but you could sub in something else.
  • carvan
    I have Slim in 6 already and have been thinking about quiting my gym because I seem to spend a lot of time in the car just getting there and it is $50 per month. Anyway this thread got me excited about trying P90x because I do like my gym Bootcamp/toning type classes. I just ordered the full set with books and calendar on Amazon for $120 with shipping. It was not much cheaper then ordering it directly from Beachbody (I saved $20) but I trust Amazon and their affliates. I noticed that they reccomend buying a resistance band - does anybody know if handweights work just as well or should I go buy a band?

Need the bands so you can do "pullups". For the others, weights are fine.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Is the pullup bar mandatory or can you work up to it....cause I KNOW I can't do a pull up
    Nope, not mandatory. but I couldn't do them at first either. I used the chair (they show modifications) and did negatives. I'd use the chair to get over the bar, then slowly lower myself back down. It REALLY works.

But... you can use resistance bands if you don't want to do the pullup bar. I LOVE my pullup bar.

Here's a recent pic of my back, which used to look like a bunch of fat rolls. LOL LOVE pullups!

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL386/8948436/16840032/325971529.jpg

Jess

holy crap woman!!! those are some pythons!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    I Love Beach Body products. Im currently doing P 90 Master series. I also have Slim Series, Slim in 6, P 90,Hip Hop Abs & Turbo Jam. I honsestly think they are all great!
  • ChubbyBunny
    I Love Beach Body products. Im currently doing P 90 Master series. I also have Slim Series, Slim in 6, P 90,Hip Hop Abs & Turbo Jam. I honsestly think they are all great!

Oh! What's your opinion on the Master series...where would it fall in the whole combo of P90's?
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Just wanted to throw out a big Thank You!! to all who responded to these latest questions; you definitely helped me understand the programs and levels. I have P90 Master coming Monday and I'm going to do that for a month as a gauge and move up to P90X when appropriate.

Much appreciated......Mike
  • jessmomof3

Oh! What's your opinion on the Master series...where would it fall in the whole combo of P90's?

Masters is like an add on to P90, it's tougher than P90, but not as tough as P90X. Workouts are a little shorter also, about 45 min each. HTH!
  • jessmomof3
    Just wanted to throw out a big Thank You!! to all who responded to these latest questions; you definitely helped me understand the programs and levels. I have P90 Master coming Monday and I'm going to do that for a month as a gauge and move up to P90X when appropriate.

Much appreciated......Mike

Good for you! Good luck w/ P90, and I'm sure you'll be ready for P90X soon!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Alright, if I am crying next week... it's cause I got P90x :laugh:
  • Does anybody know what P90X stands for. I was trying to tell my friend about it but when I said the name she thought I was talking about a video game.
  • RachVR6
    P90x Extreme Home Fitness :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    Whooohoooooo!!!!!

83646_22-3.jpg

I want to meet Dreya Webber!!!! :heart:

CAEBO1EB-1.jpg
  • jessmomof3
    Alright, if I am crying next week... it's cause I got P90x :laugh:

You can cry as long as you keep pushing play! LOL
  • jessmomof3
    Dreya is awesome! Did you know that she's on an insurance commercial also?? I think it's Farmers insurance?
  • RachVR6
    :laugh: That's news to me!
  • carvan
    Does anybody know what P90X stands for. I was trying to tell my friend about it but when I said the name she thought I was talking about a video game.

P =power ,90 = days to do the program ,X =extreme
This discussion has been closed.