Midsummer Meltdown - 4/25 thru 6/21

Options

Replies

• jsailor87
    jsailor87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok... checking in. Drank all ten cups of water, this time early in the day. That was great advice from someone on here. Didn't get any real cardio in, but did again work standing up at the computer for just over 2 hours.

Funny, but searching the MFP exercise database for "standing" returns only two activities... 1) Standing, while fly fishing, from a river bank, and 2) playing a guitar, standing, in a rock band.

Believe it or not, the system thinks fly fishing burns more calories than rocking the house. For that reason, I'm recording my "Standing, while editing a web page, typing a proposal, changing my Face Book Status and recording my water intake on MFP" as "playing a guitar" so that I don't give myself too much caloric credit.

BTW, if you're curious, 120 minutes of playing a guitar while standing up supposedly burns 435 calories.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    @jsailor I googled standing (singing, etc) on another site, and it gave (within a couple of calories) the same calorie count as "cooking/food preparation" on MFP, about 135 cal/hour for 150 lb person, or 162 cal/hour for 180 lb person.
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Got a 90-min run in and 30 mins of weight-training DVD today, but had a water fail :( Only managed 7 glasses today. I'll be sure to get it in tomorrow, though!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i'm feeling AWESOME today. I drank 16 cups of water (again.. SoCal.. super hot.. so super thirsty, i'm on my 8th water bottle and will stop after this... ) stayed well within my calories.. did my 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym during my lunch hour, just completed level 3 of the 30 day shred.. now i'm just trying to muster up the energy to go downstairs and unload/reload the dishwasher (such a task!), then bed.

I finally feel like my Easter water weight is going away I dont feel so swollen today.

Oh and i'm naturally in a better mood on Fridays.. i know its Thursday.. but its night, and tomorrow is Friday.. and well. I like Fridays.:love:

Hope everyone had a great day! Keep up the good work!
  • Tissues
    Options
    Ok... checking in. Drank all ten cups of water, this time early in the day. That was great advice from someone on here. Didn't get any real cardio in, but did again work standing up at the computer for just over 2 hours.

Funny, but searching the MFP exercise database for "standing" returns only two activities... 1) Standing, while fly fishing, from a river bank, and 2) playing a guitar, standing, in a rock band.

Believe it or not, the system thinks fly fishing burns more calories than rocking the house. For that reason, I'm recording my "Standing, while editing a web page, typing a proposal, changing my Face Book Status and recording my water intake on MFP" as "playing a guitar" so that I don't give myself too much caloric credit.

BTW, if you're curious, 120 minutes of playing a guitar while standing up supposedly burns 435 calories.

I hope that would be one heavy guitar to burn that kind of calories! Good job on the water intake today Jay!
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    90 minutes of exercise today and 11....soon 12 glasses of water :) thats it ! :)
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Exercise and water for Thursday done. Are you guys all in the US?

No i'm from the UK
    Hey i'm going on a really long walk today, at my local nature reserve. Mainly it's to avoid the royal wedding but also because i get the day of college and i've nothing better to do.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Exercise and water done for Friday!! I am in New Zealand
  • musefromnowhere
    Options
    Thursday I managed 14 glasses of water and walked for 60 minutes. So far today I have had 4 glasses of water and went for a 45 minute run all before breakfast. This challenge is definitely helping me stay on track!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Some of the exercised in here just crack me up, I've taken to entering my own so people know what I'm doing but it seems to actually just add more confusion!

Alright, well yesterday I got in a 30 min run and barely managed my 10 glasses but I got there! Today is going to be tough. I'm going to party at a friend's house right after work which will probably make it tough to get all my water in (don't want to be the weirdo chugging water and running to the bathroom every thirty minutes!) and will definately be tough on the food front. I'm going to try and eat light today to leave some room, but also not go hungry. So here I am up at 5 am to get in my 30 minutes of exercise. I better go get to it!

Oh, and I'm in Colorado.
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hi guys just a checkin to let you all know i havent fallen of the wagon again, left for a 4 day break away yesterday so busy busy busy, making sure i drink my water and i cleaned and resorted a caravan yesterday took way more than 30mins more like 7 hours and i could of dropped yesterday. today has also been gogogo but will try and get some stepups in later. oh oh oh and congrats to the new couple england now has a new future queen xx and she looked stunning:smile:
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm in Colorado.

Me too! :)
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    oh oh oh and congrats to the new couple england now has a new future queen xx and she looked stunning:smile:

I was guessing that was going to be big for you. the cals from a couple of glasses of bubbly are certainly justified when you're watching in the festivities celebrating the future of your monarchy!
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

This has started a wee bit badly for me. I have been sick since Tuesday night, so I've pretty much been glued to my couch with a bottle of nyquil, trying to sleep this off. My throat is so sore I can hardly swallow anything, even water, but I've been doing my best. I figured out today that if I eat a popsicle first, and then eat real food, it doesn't hurt as bad. :) Also, I've been trying to get to 10 cups of water, but man, it's hard for me to get to even 8. So, unfortunately, this first week kind of sucks for me. :(

Hope you are all having a good start, though! I'm sure you are!

You poor thing! A soar throat is always a bummer and no fun. I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou: and you'll be able to start fresh next week.
  • Quierstina
    Options
    Hi All - just checking in. Yesterday was an ok day. I got my water in but didn't make it to the gym. I had to be there for my bestie. Today it's back to normal - drinking my water and hitting the gym.

Have a great Friday and an even better weekend.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ! I am getting my 10 cups of water in for today and i will be under my calories for today also ! I am going to try to get back to exercising on Sunday i have a pulled muscle in my back and dont want to start back exercising until i feel like i am ready too !
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So this morning I've realized that I have a really good (and I hate to admit completely superficial) motivation to work my butt off for this challenge. My birthday is June 26th and it also happens my drivers license needs to get renewed this year. When I got my last license 5 years ago I was over 200 lbs and I lied told them my weight was 175. So the new goal I'm adding is to be able to go into the DMV, not lie about my weight (my goal here is 150) and actually have someting put on there I can live with for the next 5 years!

Hope everyone has a great day!

I have to renew mine in September... Gotta love it :wink:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, happy Friday! I've been doing great with water and exercise this week. I have been feeling under the weather lately. I'm not sure if it's allergies, a cold, or an infection, but I hope it doesn't affect my run today. :(
  • Tissues
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

my challenge today: Survive Shakey's pizza without going overboard (and hopefully not gaining). i'm also going to try and save up my calories for it to. I'm still retaining crazy water weight and I know pizza and mojos isnt going to help. I'm actually going to have a good sized salad for lunch today and since we are having an early dinner (4:30) i'm hoping i'll be full enough to stuff the cravings down.

wish me luck anyway :sick:
  • Quierstina
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

my challenge today: Survive Shakey's pizza without going overboard (and hopefully not gaining). i'm also going to try and save up my calories for it to. I'm still retaining crazy water weight and I know pizza and mojos isnt going to help. I'm actually going to have a good sized salad for lunch today and since we are having an early dinner (4:30) i'm hoping i'll be full enough to stuff the cravings down.

wish me luck anyway :sick:

Good luck!!!