Midsummer Meltdown - 4/25 thru 6/21

Options

Replies

• Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have JM's BFBM and I have yet to make it all the way through the workout. I'm quite fit, at least I thought I was and it's killer. I do it about 1 day or so a week (I like to mix it up), but I'm thinking I should commit to 2 days per week. My goal is to do the entire thing through without breaks in the next week. Hopefully I'll make it through alive.

Another note: The scale was not nice to me this morning, saw a 1.5 lb increase in weight. Actually weighed more this morning than when I went to bed. How is that even possible. But I'm not letting that get me down, it's a beautiful day in Boulder, I have a dress on (which is rare to say the least) andI'm keeping a positive attitude. I know this "gain" is a fluke and in the next day or so my number will go back to normal. Just going to revel in the sundress in the sunshine and drink tons o' water! :drinker:

Olivia, I would try not to worry about an increase.. it could just be daily water retention. I would try to stay off the scale until next weigh in. I do the same thing though I'll weigh day in day out and get mad at the scale..lol. I try not to "count it" until weigh in day though. And when the scale REALLY makes me mad i'll ignore it for a week. I did BFBM with instruction so I think that gave me a chance to catch my breath? I was really in the mindset for my workout last night..lol
  • stefv86
    stefv86 Posts: 60
    Options
    I got lazy last night (aka my kindle came in the mail and I decided to download and read the first book in the Hunger Game series)

I just wanted to say- Isn't that book AMAZING? I'm in the middle of the third right now, and I haven't had time to sit down and finish it. It's driving me CRAZY
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I got lazy last night (aka my kindle came in the mail and I decided to download and read the first book in the Hunger Game series)

I just wanted to say- Isn't that book AMAZING? I'm in the middle of the third right now, and I haven't had time to sit down and finish it. It's driving me CRAZY

it is!! I was thouroughtly entertained by it! i'm about 30% of the way through book 2.. i'll probably have book 3 by Friday.. i'm addicted.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    LOVED The Hunger Games!!!!---Notice my MFP name??? Her other series--Gregor the Overlander--is also really fun to read. I have an 11 yr old son and we listen to tons of audiobooks so, at the tender age of 44, I'm totally up on the Young Adult book scene. Totally different than when I was a kid.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Well, it turns out that we're having a potluck at work for Cinco de Mayo on Thursday, but I think I'll just construct myself a taco salad (minus the taco) from the goodies provided, so that should keep me within bounds. Also, I'm having dinner with friends on Saturday, but not going out, so I'll bring something to share that's good for me.

Those of you who are trying the whole and less-processed foods are onto a good thing. I've been doing it for nearly 3 months, and it's made a big difference in the amount of sodium and low-nutrient carbs I consume.

It's another nice sunny day here in Puget Sound, so I'm headed outside to do some more productive exercise, AKA yard work.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

it is!! I was thouroughtly entertained by it! i'm about 30% of the way through book 2.. i'll probably have book 3 by Friday.. i'm addicted.

I also loved these books! I think I finished all three of them within a week and then started over again... maybe that was a little excessive, but I thought they were great. :smile:
    LOVED The Hunger Games!!!!---Notice my MFP name??? Her other series--Gregor the Overlander--is also really fun to read. I have an 11 yr old son and we listen to tons of audiobooks so, at the tender age of 44, I'm totally up on the Young Adult book scene. Totally different than when I was a kid.

Catniss, I was going to ask you if that's where your user name came from, but then I didn't because I thought you'd think I was crazy if it was from something else. :tongue:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I ran today at 5.6mph for the full 35minutes; that's the first time I tried doing it and am so excited I accomplished it. WhoooHoooo!!!
  • aab1
    Options
    Below lists our Week #1 results. If you don't see your name that means that you didn't provide your 5/03 check in weight. If you did and I missed it, please repost and I'll add you to the list.

58 ladies (yep, ladies...it appears we lost Jay :cry: . ) checked in and in total we've lost so far.......80.5lbs!! That is awesome work...nice job to all of us, no matter if you had a loss, gain or push. You stuck with it and tried. And now you have another chance this week to post a loss....or a better loss!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US!!!! Can't wait to see what Week #2 brings us!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

I wasn't able to use Photobucket :cry: . But I've got another 7 weeks to work on it!! :happy:

Numbers noted next to each name are:
    4/26 SW.......5/03 weight.....Wk #1 Change
    aab1......................215.........212.....-3
    alacarte................165.8......165....-0.8
    Andra01................123.........122....-1
    ashade44.............201........199.9...-1.1
    Barrettmomof2....222.........222.....0
    beanie242............176.2.....175....-1.2
    bspells...................189.4....191....1.6
    butterflyinamber7...170......169....-1
    c100700..................194.2....194.....-0.2
    caitysparkles...........183.5....185....1.5
    Carebear2................159.5....157.5....-2
    ccounts282...............245.6....244.6....-1
    ceejay000.................146.5.....146......-0.5
    CharlieJuliette..........134.5.....132.....-2.5
    chelsiburnett.............143.2.....141.6...-1.6
    chickadee2010.........144.4.....144.....-0.4
    crazycouponlady.......167........160.5...-6.5
    designerdiscount......128.......128......0
    downby15...................131.......131......0
    eeyorelvr09 .................219.......215.2....-3.8
    JaimeLaRae...............157.5....155.5....-2
    jaxsmummy................155........152......-3
    jbeans67.....................159.5......157.5......-2
    jennxx7285..................205........205........0
    jessicamarie81..........162.........162......0
    jipper44........................148.6......148.6.....0
    jodi1229.......................161..........159.6.....-1.4
    katznkt...........................199..........190.......-9
    kris1085........................200.5......199......-1.5
    kylakesgal....................154.8.......153.2......-1.6
    lbtewksbury..................166.5.......164.5.......-2
    Leanz.............................177..........176.........-1
    leslieanna15.................127..........126.......-1
    LeslieRoyale.................198..........195........-3
    Maxylicious....................189.9........188.3...-1.6
    MissLoser......................164.4........164.2.....-0.2
    msmindyf........................187.4.......186.6......-0.8
    musefromnowhere........180..........178.........-2
    NancyPav........................146.4.........147.3.....0.9
    oliviawink........................170.............168.5......-1.5
    pamDW...........................151.............151.5.......0.5
    paronomasha................224..............222..........-2
    prashley..........................153..............154..........1
    Quierstina....................... 258.............. 256.........-2
    ravenclawseeker........... 257.............. 256..........-1
    rentrikin...........................139...............139..............0
    roselynsy........................179.8.............181.4..........1.6
    shawn526.......................194.4...........193.2..........-1.2
    shellbell2312..................253..............249..............-4
    singer201.........................181.2..........179.............. -2.2
    slackeyj...........................178................173.8..........-4.2
    stefv86.............................206..............205.5............-0.5
    suomynona62.................172.8...........172...............-0.8
    Tissues..........................155.8.............154.8...........-1
    UnoDiamante.................187...............185..............-2
    wildkiger.......................... 155.5...........157..............1.5
    Wraiythe...........................287.6...........284.6............-3

TOTALS.......................10,406.4........10,325.9.......-80.5
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Below lists our Week #1 results. If you don't see your name that means that you didn't provide your 5/03 check in weight. If you did and I missed it, please repost and I'll add you to the list.

58 ladies (yep, ladies...it appears we lost Jay :cry: . ) checked in and in total we've lost so far.......80.5lbs!! That is awesome work...nice job to all of us, no matter if you had a loss, gain or push. You stuck with it and tried. And now you have another chance this week to post a loss....or a better loss!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US!!!! Can't wait to see what Week #2 brings us!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

That is awesome - thanks for posting!!
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey fabulous people,
    Sorry I'm a little late reporting, its been a bad week emotionally.
    SW 248
    CW (5/3) 245

Total: -3

I'll have to think of some good challenges for next week.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ailene, you rock for getting that list together! Sorry, I'm no help with how to use Photobucket for an excel worksheet but good luck figuring it out!

I lost a half pound this morning so I'm excited to be able to post at least that much of a loss next Tuesday. :bigsmile: Man, I'm so happy the scale finally moved a little.

So far so good on adding weights and not eating out. Completed a weight lifting workout this morning and haven't eaten out for the last couple days (we don't eat out much so that one will be sort of easy). Good luck this week everyone!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow that's some list. Well done for managing to keep up with us all and to everyone that's still here.
    I'm having problems finding the strength exercises that i do so i'm adding them. If you see something that has a crazy name, that was probably me... I don't know what the 'proper' names are for most things and will never remember them.
    Also having problems with my hip :grumble: at the moment, it's aching pretty badly. Exercise is making me achy all over but that's to be expected really with my joint condition. Pushing on through is going to help me loose the weight therefore alleviating pressure, improve my mood and strengthen muscle. All things i'm looking forward to.
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the list :) great job everybody! For a total of 80 lbs lost yesssss!!!!! :smile:
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Didn't see my name on the list--maybe I forgot the original weight...
    Anyway, my starting weight was 158
    Tuesday weigh in was 156
    Loss of 2 whole wonderful pounds!!!! Well, they were wonderful to lose, not to keep....
  • aab1
    Options
    Hi,
    Didn't see my name on the list--maybe I forgot the original weight...
    Anyway, my starting weight was 158
    Tuesday weigh in was 156
    Loss of 2 whole wonderful pounds!!!! Well, they were wonderful to lose, not to keep....

@ Catniss - sorry about that! I had you included in the total # of ladies but I think I deleted your info by accident when I had to retype it into my posting.

With Nikki & Catniss added into Week #1 - that puts 59 Ladies at 83.5lbs. Whooop! Whoooop! We did AWESOME!!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ailene for the awesome job of keeping track of all of us. This is a much larger group than the last challenge!! Congrats to everyone that lost and those that tried and didn't lose. Don't give up, just keep doing what you are doing. P-E-R-S-I-S-T-A-N-C-E!

Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
    That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier but that our ability to perform it has improved.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Looks like I got missed on the list too, here's my numbers again. Thanks for doing that, its a lot of work!

SW-160
    CW-159.5
    GW-150
  • ashleighasbury
    Options
    Woo! Let goo!
  • aab1
    Options
    Looks like I got missed on the list too, here's my numbers again. Thanks for doing that, its a lot of work!

SW-160
    CW-159.5
    GW-150

My Bad....that's 2 misses for week # 1 :embarassed: ....my self-imposed punishment...an extra 10 minutes cycling tomorrow. (Million dollar question - but is this really a punishment?!?! :noway: .) :wink:

Up to 60 Ladies; 84lbs lost.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I ran today at 5.6mph for the full 35minutes; that's the first time I tried doing it and am so excited I accomplished it. WhoooHoooo!!!

ROCK.ON.AILENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!