weirdest name for your pet

Options
hazelbliss6
hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
I was just remembering my first pet; a worm i named George

Thought it would be interesting to hear wierd names people have given their pets :)

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Not sure how weird these are, but I have had a few....

Our pets that are no longer with us:cry:
    There was Pesci (our first Pitbull, named after Joe Pesci)
    Zoe (a female pit)
    and Nemesis ( She was my heart, a beautiful Champagne colored Pit, I miss her so)

and then the ones we have now:

Capone our 11 year old 110 pound Pitbull
    and Derby, our 8 month old Beagle...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I had a cat named burrito,i was drunk one night and he kept trying to steal my robertos burrito so i strarted calling him burrito it stuck.
    I have a dg named Scooby right now
    other names for my pets have been Malice,Natas,Nema,Grim
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Two stories here both funny.

My son was 2-3 and my sister had a little water lizzard, green and bumpy named Pickle. No matter how many times I explained it to my son, he wouldn't touch pickles until he was 7.

Same son aged 4 or 5 at the time wanted a dog for the longest time. My husband and I thought a compromise was in order and got him a fire bellied newt, cutest little lizzard and my son named him "Fluffy".
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My three year old son wants to name a puppy Pimple. LOL.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't too weird but....

Charlie: Male dog and is a Jack-Chi mix

Michelle: Female dog and is a basset hound mix!

The cutest little babies you will ever meet!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,684 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has a hen named Kevin.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I named my first dog Choo Choo!!!!
    And I had a cockatiel named Tarazmataz!!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I had a guinea pig called Robin, Lord Squeaker when I was 8.
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Two stories here both funny.

My son was 2-3 and my sister had a little water lizzard, green and bumpy named Pickle. No matter how many times I explained it to my son, he wouldn't touch pickles until he was 7.

Same son aged 4 or 5 at the time wanted a dog for the longest time. My husband and I thought a compromise was in order and got him a fire bellied newt, cutest little lizzard and my son named him "Fluffy".

both super cute :)
  • Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We've had many pets with odd names. In recent history: cats named Flea, Franken-kitty, and Potato; ferret named Fizgig and two fish named Mario and Luigi.

When I was a kid I had a pet chicken named Pecker-Wrecker.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My first pet was a cat named Rambo. No idea where I came up with the name but I was only like 3 :laugh:

I've also had a parakeet named Grape and my current kitty's name is Waffles. It fits her very well but people almost always laugh when I tell them her name.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Ok so just a bit of info on this, my last name is Haggerty.

Weirdest pet name was a hamster I had when I was little.
    His name: Freddy Liongunk Haggerty. No lie, his middle name was liongunk. I guess I have always been weird haha.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    We've had many pets with odd names. In recent history: cats named Flea, Franken-kitty, and Potato; ferret named Fizgig and two fish named Mario and Luigi.

When I was a kid I had a pet chicken named Pecker-Wrecker.

Haha Fizgig I love it.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    We have a cat named "Donkey"
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    We had a cat named Molly Joy and when she was a little over a year old, I realized that "Molly Joy" had been going outside every night for months and we didn't have kittens. Poor MoJo spent the first year of his life as a girl.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    My friend has a cat named dog and a dog named cat... very confusing, especially when you throw in a bottle of wine
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I once had a Yorkshire terrier named "Spaetzle". Now I have a standard poodle (all black) named "Smudge".
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I had a beta fish named Charles Manson... creepy I know. I guess my family is weird LOL
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My shishtzu named Foofoo (or foofoolina) and a cat named Twibbles. (Or Sir Twibbleton) lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My first pet was a cat named Rambo. No idea where I came up with the name but I was only like 3 :laugh:

I've also had a parakeet named Grape and my current kitty's name is Waffles. It fits her very well but people almost always laugh when I tell them her name.

My first cat was Rambo, too! :heart: He was really the biggest wuss ever.

We have a Pekingese named Beavis, and the name fits him all too well. His nickname is Beefcake, Beefy for short. He looks like an adorable little fluff, but he's a nutjob.

IMG_2745.jpg

Most of my cats have fairly normal names, but one I nicknamed when she was a neighorhood feral kitten, and the name stuck after I captured and tamed her. She has two black dots on each nostril, and her name is Booger. Sometimes Boogie, Oogie Boogie, Boogie Woogie, Boogie Bear, or just plain Boogs.

IMG_9637.jpg

Boogie's Mom had another litter after her, and we captured and tamed the bunch and rehomed some, kept others, including mama. When I had all five kittens, they were all named after characters from Firefly, but only River (who's mine and is a psycho ninja!) and Kaylee (now my brother's and is pretty and tomboyish) still have their original names.