weirdest name for your pet

Options

Replies

• Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    We've had a brown hamster called "Brownie Chocolate"...kids were hungry naming him. A parrot called "Loki Thor" my son going through his Norse Gods phase and now a dog named "Tyson" normal name for my house!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My uncle had a black lab once that he'd found in the 70s after riding his hog motorcycle from Des Moines to Denver and he named the dog Roach (after a roach clip - yep, hippie days). However, my Grandfather was Roach's best buddy and Grandpa just called him "You big Dummy!". But he really loved that dog.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    As well as Robin, Lord Squeaker, we have had Moo (cat) Bastet and The Mouse (sister cats), Lunabug, and many more!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Pita is the name of my friend's cat...no not because she likes the food because the cat is P.I.T.A. (Pain in the *ss)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My son and I have two cats. one is mine and one is his. They don't have weird names but they do have odd nicknames, especially Judy. My cat is Andre' Thomas and we call him Andre' Bondre'.. Son's cat is Judy Michelle and we call her Judy Poops. We should actually call her Judy Pees because she won't pee in the litter pan. She insists on peeing on the carpet. :mad:
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    i have a dog names Fidget and a bunny named Kiwi. had a friend who named his dog ADD "another damn dog"
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a 160 lb Great Dane, we named him Maximus Minimus Aurelius, or Max, Maxie, Masimoose or Moose! I have Coco Catinka (beagle mix) and Bandy Sue (cocker mix). My Babies!!!
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We had a cat we called Kitty when I was a kid. lol I had a chicken my daughter named Tinker Bell. lol We had an English Bulldog named Nacho - he was stolen from us :'( We have a new one, but his name isn't weird, I don't think. lol His name is Rocco.
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Our son is a huge Seinfeld fan so he named his jack russell terrier Cosmo

We have an english bulldog named Thunder (namely because of his gas issues)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Dawg - Grandmothers dog when I was a kid
    Killer - My dachshund when I was a kid
    Singe - My sister-in-laws cat who got a little too curious about a candle.
    Scupper - A friends Yorkshire Terrier who they though was so small he would fall through the drains (called scuppers) on their sailboat.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    well when i was little...

i had a cow named Bud
    and a cat named SayWord (pronounced exactly as it's spelled)

when i was older, i had a bird named Stewart

and recently
    i had two fish...one pink goldfish named Wilbur and a black one named Templeton (they died)

my friend told me her grandma had a black kitten she was going to give me...she told me he was black so i named him Ninja before i got him...well he turned out to be grey, but the name stuck...i had to give him away a couple months ago though :(

so i got another cat and named him Assassin...*kitten* for short lol

oh and i have a girl beagle/boxer named Piper....not really a weird name though
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well I have a 110 lb Bernese Mountain Dog named Troy. Not so weird, but he's my workout buddy so I thought I'd give him a shout out..err..type out?
    But when I was little I found and raised two abandoned baby sparrows and named them Goober and Earl. That was a little strange. And I had a ferret named Rocketman : )
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    We had a dalmation named Ink Spuddals MacKenzie

Ink because he a a black spot over his eye that looked like an Ink spot. Spud(dals) MacKenzie after Spuds MacKenzie and then the breeder added "dals" to all her dogs names since they were dalmations!
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    I've had dogs- Rasputin and Chanel
    and a beautiful cat named Atticus
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Might as well chime in here. We have a dachshund named Snickers and his official nick name is Snicker-Pot-Pie and I honestly do not know where the hell that came from.
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful male orange tabby cat named Jayne, after the Hero of Canton himself. His most-used trio of nicknames are Fluffy McFlufferson, Cuddles McCuddleson and, when he's being annoying, Whiny McWhinerson.

My brother has given all of his cats Japanese names: Kusanagi, Tomoko and Mr. Tadakichi. Yes, the Mr. is part of his name and you are required to say it, unless you call him Tadakichi-san instead.

I also used to have a co-worker who had a basset hound by the name of Dancin' Captain John Wilkes Boof III -- Boof, for short. (He was actually the first, not the third.)
  • EnnazuSEM
    Options
    My cat's name growing up was K.A.T. for "Kamikaze Attack Terror." My mom named her that after she proceed to run around the room sideways banking off the walls. And climbed to the top of the drapes all in one afternoon.

I had a hamster named "Annabelle" and nicked named "Belly"

Some fish:
    Pleco named Gilbert (lived 8 years and 12" long when he died)
    Beta (Fighting Fish) named Leviathan
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    My dogs are: Eddie (used to be brother's dog), Rudy, Gipper and Rockne...Notre Dame fans in the family. Rockne's nickname by one of my brother's was "Poot." I don't know why. My aunt thought he said "poop!" So, after that, the nickname Poop/Poopy stuck. If ya call him "Rockne," the silly thing runs like he's scared. Who knows why?! I have crazy dogs.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has a hen named Kevin.

Funny, like in the movie "up"
  • miwakokeitaro
    Options
    my guinea pigs first name was Cornbread Kuja Yusuke Kuwabara the Guinea Pig. Whenever he did something bad i yelled out his whole name and he knew i meant business