weirdest name for your pet

Options

Replies

• Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Many pets fromthe time I was born...
    Tabby cats Isis and Osiris
    then came all black cate name Anubis, black and white named Ralph (my brother called him that because he said the cat "ralphed on his shoe") and Katy Kat
    Gerbils (only three of them ever got names the rest were just numbers because we couldn't separate the males and females fast enough to stop them from reproducing...) they drove teh cats nuts though because they could see them but couldn't get to them behind the glass
    So the three that got names were Tawny (beige coloured) and Snowball (white) and Sunshine (golden/beige coloured)

Dogs - a Sedge coloured chesapeake bay retriever named Lieutenant Saavik (from Star Trek)
    Shepherd Collie mix named Guinness
    Shepherd mix named Romeo (who understands French commands)

Red Eared slider named Houdini - (he escaped the first night we got him)
    and finally our Chug named "Princess Sparkles Sparkle Princess" (named by my then 4 year old daughter)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Had a three legged German Sheperd named "Tripod" whe I was a kid.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Weirdest? hmmmm not sure if this is weird enough but we had a deformed frog we named One eyed Willie for obvious reasons:) We also had a dog named Sammy the Bull Gravano ......(of course we just called him Sammy or Sam most the time so that's kinda boring. haha) We had a Bearded dragon named Maximus after Maximus Decimus Meridius and then a Salamander named Sal<<<so unoriginal, I know and a dog named Gizmo <<also unoriginal but it suited him.

...Now we just have 1 dog and her name is Lavie. We named her after Lavie Head from an anime series called "Last Exile" ...it's one of my favorites.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I LOVE this thread so much I thought I would post my current pets names cause the are all weird and awesome:

2 cats: Leeloo and Shotze (Shot-zee)

1 Dog: Ellie

Ha! You have a dog with my name...hmmmm:)
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Previous cat: Xerox (he looked just like his mamma cat!)

Current: Lucy (a/k/a the Lucimeier, Baby Girl Lucy, The Lucy Cat, Monkey Girl) a Himalayan, and Sake, (like the rice wine) (a/k/a Sakemania, Hammy, Chewie, Sakatailia) a rescue cat, possibly part Norwegian forest cat

My first pet was a cat named Lucy. She was mean though so I liked to call her Lucifer.

I had a hamster named Bob.

My current pet is a cat named Biscuit. We also call him Dupid (rhymes with stupid) or Disco Biscuit (no idea why).
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Hmm i am going to take a wild guess and say that the above poster likes the Red wings....of course that is just a guess :laugh: :wink:
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I named my first Siamese "Mickey Mouse". Then I named a Shelty "Skeeter" which was neat until I worked with a lady whose husband was named Skeeter - he was from the deep south of course. For some reason she did not find my dog’s name amusing.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have a 95lb pit bull mix named......Puppy. He's a rescue dog and I didn't name him. Previous owners kids did. I love him dearly!!
  • surlacher
    Options
    I have a Chihuahua named Princess. She had the name when I adopted her from the SPCA. I never really liked it (the name that is) so I called her Peabody, Peanut, Miss P, Lil P... anything other than Princess. One night I came home from an evening out with friends and too many drinks. I tried to call her and somehow merged Peanut and Princess and called her Penis. That name has unfortunately stuck.

An ex-boyfriend of mine had a Doberman named Baby.
  • brapuk
    brapuk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a Staffordshire Terrier named Allie Agnas A**hole..lol My great grandmother was allie agnas and my Gpa would call her that so i named my dog after her...lol. I also have a Cat named Kitayhee...lol dont really know why. It's something my Husband came up with.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    We currently have a dog named.... Spaghetti Nut Gary Spot
    and a tortise named Karrick
    and then Kitty with the name Vincent Price (sonny)
    oh and I cant forget the quicky pet from this weekend the horned lizard was briefly named Spike thornburg then we returned him to the desert.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT thread...as a veterinarian I've heard a lot of pet names. I especially like to ask people whose animals have abbreviations for names what they stand for. There was LBD the litte black dog, and BA the Bad *kitten*. My first dog's name was "precious Angel of Hope" I got her when I was 13 a few months after my dad died. She was the worlds best dog and grew into a 65lb Doberman/German Shepard mix! I have Shmoo my 31 year old horse, we had "Spicey" the chicken but she got eaten by the neighbor dog! We now have a little kitten (he was maybe 5 weeks old at the time) that a good samaritan brought to our clinic one evening after one of the first really cold spells here....he had no registerable body temperature and no decerable heart rate but was still breathing. We warmed him up and got some energy into him and he reanimated......my kids fell in love with him and named him Tiny Icicle. :flowerforyou:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I had two snow white cats. They were brothers. I named them Comet and Ajax because they were so white they look really clean.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    dogs we have or had
    Bocephus
    lucky
    Koda bear
    brownie
    snowball
    Oreo
    Blue
    Jesse
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had a male rabbit named Zoe... hahaha... but we didn't know it was a male until after we named it..

I also have a dog named biscuit... and once had a cat named Muffin... and a really long time ago (when I was 7) had a guinea pig named Brownie... lol Oh and I have a dog named Keisha, but we usually call her Peaches.
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We have a doggie named Prancer. Her name fits her :)
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    2 female cats, mario and luigi because we loved playing mario brothers years ago.
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    allready got names for our next cats picked out. gullum and smeegle. now to talk my wife into it.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    George and Georgina the parakeets (i was 6)

Nosey the beagle (she was one nosy b word <3)

Ziggy the cat (my sister meant Garfield but oopsy)

Ostara the rabbit (origination of the word easter)

Cleveland the brown dog (cleveland browns)

Number 19 the cow she wasn't a pet but my cousins and I treated her like one
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    One of our min pins is Odie, which is short for Oderus. He was named after the lead singer of GWAR.
    We have a fish named Uniqua, named after a kids cartoon. And our clownfish are named Butts and Cheeses.