I (Heart) BOOBIES!

Options

Replies

• ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    Fo real people?

Soldiers' widows are getting screwed out of benefits, teachers get paid f all, the unemployment rate is through the roof, obesity is killing our children... And y'all wanna talk about whether or not boobies should be allowed on a bracelet in school?

Schools have rules (lulz) for a reason. Maybe some of you are a little further removed from school, but ever since Columbine, most all schools have a zero tolerance policy in place. It goes for drugs, sex, guns, violence, etc. Also for anything posturing to be any of said issues or entice these things. If you let this go, you have to let the Tshirt with the gun, the music glorifying drugs and violence, the gang symbols and all that other stuff go.

What happens then? The inmates run the asylum. You may think this is far fetched, but it's not. Once a line has been crossed it opens the door for similar exceptions to the rules. Period.

It is what it is. If you don't like it, write your local congress person or attend a school board meeting.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Fo real people?

Soldiers' widows are getting screwed out of benefits, teachers get paid f all, the unemployment rate is through the roof, obesity is killing our children... And y'all wanna talk about whether or not boobies should be allowed on a bracelet in school?

Schools have rules (lulz) for a reason. Maybe some of you are a little further removed from school, but ever since Columbine, most all schools have a zero tolerance policy in place. It goes for drugs, sex, guns, violence, etc. Also for anything posturing to be any of said issues or entice these things. If you let this go, you have to let the Tshirt with the gun, the music glorifying drugs and violence, the gang symbols and all

It is what it is. If you don't like it, write your local congress person or attend a school board meeting.
    amen brother
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think it has a lot to do with how they are raised and what they are taught. The environment they grow up in, etc.
    I can agree to disagree with you. I'm not going to argue. But I can see why your boys would react that way, when you make such sexual jokes, as you did in your first reply! They learn from you!

Just had to jump in here... I'm baffled that you think you have the right to insult this person's parenting skills! Not only does this have NOTHING to do with the thread topic, but it's rude and so unnecessary. Don't judge others, that's not conducive of a friendly supportive site. :noway:
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well thanks to MFP my boobies are going away =) haha
  • color_me_skinny
    Options

'boners' are not just for sex and 'boobies' are not just a 'body part used in breast feeding'; breasts are a sexual organ too. my dad died at the age of 58 because of prostate cancer. would i like to see more awareness for all cancer research? YES! do i think wearing a bracelet to school with the word 'boobies' is appropriate? no! neither is wearing clothes with wording on the bum.

God made us with boob so we can feed out babies. not for sexual enjoyment.
    booners ARE refering to sex. prostate cancer is dealing with the penis.
    but "i heart boners" sounds like a sexual statement, because you get boners when you have sex, or are horny.
    you dont get boobies, because of sex

God did not limit the use of breasts for feeding babies. they *are* for sexual enjoyment.

boner is a slang word for penis, just like boobies is a slang word for breasts. other slang words for penis include wiener, weenie, pee-pee, johnson, schlong, d ick, pecker, prick, c ock, baby-maker, one-eyed snake, little soldier, head, joystick, etc. slang words for breasts other than boobies include bosom, bust, t its, knockers, pillows, the twins, the girls, tatas, milk wagon, jugs, fun bags, boulders, rack, etc. on both there are probably more that i can't think of.

'boobies' is not less sexual in nature than 'boner'.

**trying not to get offended that you just told me 'prostate cancer is dealing with the penis' after i told you my dad DIED from it. i know what prostate cancer is, thanks.
    Get offended? wtf...ok? I am not trying to offend anyone. Never have I heard BONER used unless it was referring to a guy having a hard on because he was HORNY. and NEVER have i heard that God gave us breasts for SEX. NEVER. first time for everything though....I still dont believe breasts are for sex. I think that is just what SOCIETY has labeled them as being for.

again, im not going to argue. to each his own.
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    Actually colormeskinny, I don't tell those kind of jokes in front of children, but yeah thanks for insulting me again. My boys learned as all kids do on the playground. They learned from me and their mothers, but they also learn from other kids. I will ask do you have kids of your own?
    I do actually. One boy and one girl. Thank you.
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    I think it has a lot to do with how they are raised and what they are taught. The environment they grow up in, etc.
    I can agree to disagree with you. I'm not going to argue. But I can see why your boys would react that way, when you make such sexual jokes, as you did in your first reply! They learn from you!

Just had to jump in here... I'm baffled that you think you have the right to insult this person's parenting skills! Not only does this have NOTHING to do with the thread topic, but it's rude and so unnecessary. Don't judge others, that's not conducive of a friendly supportive site. :noway:

Oh good GOD people. hes making a sexual reference to the topic (BOOBS) then wants to whine that this is how boys think. well no **** its how they think when they have that influence RIGHT THERE! the children thinks its ok because "daddy says/does it"
    children are like clay. they pick up on and learn everything they see. whether you think they notice or not.
    I am sorry that people are feeling offended by my OPINIONS. but you all need to be realistic. I am only stating my opinion. I have a mind of my own and I will and do speak it! just as all of you are! I am not here to offend or insult anyone.

again...sorry that some of you felt insulted.
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    Fo real people?

Schools have rules (lulz) for a reason. Maybe some of you are a little further removed from school, but ever since Columbine, most all schools have a zero tolerance policy in place. It goes for drugs, sex, guns, violence, etc. Also for anything posturing to be any of said issues or entice these things. If you let this go, you have to let the Tshirt with the gun, the music glorifying drugs and violence, the gang symbols and all that other stuff go.

What happens then? The inmates run the asylum. You may think this is far fetched, but it's not. Once a line has been crossed it opens the door for similar exceptions to the rules. Period.

I dont need to write anyone. as it was stated on the news (which is where i found the above link at) it is against the law for then to ban these bracelets!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think the school overreacted. There are so many other things that they should be worrying about and they always manager to make a big deal out of the little things. I commend the girl for standing up for what she believes in and if i was her mother, I'd be putting the principal in his/her place.
  • kumarprabhat
    Options
    What? Breasts have nothing to do with SEX? C'mon...then just what's the point in covering them all the time. I mean they can be bare sometime like our hand, face, head, etc, etc, and it won't make a difference to anyone else. Right? :smile:

I completely agree that we need to do everything for Breast Cancer Awareness and curbing this demon, but why not just use "I heart Breasts". What's the need of using any other word - isn't the purpose then something more? Trendy >> Catchy >> Titilatting >> Erotic >> ...

What the heck is going wrong?
  • zydratethief
    Options
    Hmmm
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    I dont need to write anyone. as it was stated on the news (which is where i found the above link at) it is against the law for then to ban these bracelets!

Ha! It's against the law?

Omg you 1st amendment junkies give me the lulz. Derp, the people on the news said it was illegal so it MUST be!

It's not against the law for the schools to ban anything they deem disruptive to every student having a safe and comfortable learning environment. That includes your boobie bracelets.

Anyways, who gives a ****? Spoiled rotten little kids. Seriously, you think that kid gives two hairs off a donkey's *kitten* about breast cancer? You must really be removed from what's going on with our youth these days, lady. No... the kids wear them to be cute and funny and get away with saying boobie. Good for the school. The fact that this even made the news is disgusting.

Hey, what about the 2nd amendment? It says we have the right to keep and bare arms. How comes dem chitlins cain't bring der gunz to skool?

Derp.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    So she stood up for something? Good for her, I think. But, really, is it appropriate in middle school? C'mon. It's a distraction...It's innapropriate. We keep blurring the line in the name of "free speech" and "freedom of expression". Her Grandmother had breast cancer? Do you think her Grandmother wanted her to interrupt her schooling for an "I *heart* Boobies" Bracelet. Ridiculous.

Hey...my buddy Ed, a very dear friend of mine, had Prostrate Cancer. Can I wear an "I Love @ssholes" T shirt to work?

Impotence is a growing epidemic in middle aged men. I'm approaching my twilight years. Can I wear an "I Love C*ck" button on my suit lapel at work?

No.. It's not appropriate in some settings.

If this gal truly beileves she is right and just, then, good for her, but she should be prepared to suffer the consequences of making her stand.

Everybody needs to stand down.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Options
    Zach said it perfectly. Op you have done nothing but insult everyone that disagrees with you. You are rude and naive and while I have written a lengthy flaming response I refuse to post it, because despite my 1st amendment right to speak out, I'm going to use decorum, decency and restraint.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Euphemistic America.

Got to love it.

It's nice to know that people including myself serve in the military to defend democracy and freedom of this country. Many have served in Iraq and Afghanistan including myself. Protecting the many rights including freedom of speech. It makes me sick to my stomach that I come home every time to a place that worries about what is "appropriate" when the real world isn't sunshine and candy. There is obviously a limit but by far this does not reach that limit. Like I said, euphemistic America.

Case and point...

I'd like to add to the above, most people who get up in arms about things like this are also the first people I like to ask about foreign policy and how it effects us at home...I usually get the response, and I quote,"Thats not what we are talking about right now..." I have a LOT a fish Id like to fry, but this wouldn't have been one of them.

PS to the writer of the post I quoted: Thank you for serving our country :)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    So she stood up for something? Good for her, I think. But, really, is it appropriate in middle school? C'mon. It's a distraction...It's innapropriate. We keep blurring the line in the name of "free speech" and "freedom of expression". Her Grandmother had breast cancer? Do you think her Grandmother wanted her to interrupt her schooling for an "I *heart* Boobies" Bracelet. Ridiculous.

Hey...my buddy Ed, a very dear friend of mine, had Prostrate Cancer. Can I wear an "I Love @ssholes" T shirt to work?

Impotence is a growing epidemic in middle aged men. I'm approaching my twilight years. Can I wear an "I Love C*ck" button on my suit lapel at work?

No.. It's not appropriate in some settings.

If this gal truly beileves she is right and just, then, good for her, but she should be prepared to suffer the consequences of making her stand.

Everybody needs to stand down.

If you do wear that shirt, or that button, can I PLEASE see pictures? Thank you ;)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where I stand on this one. I am a teacher at a high school in Las Vegas, NV (fyi, our school district is the 5th largest in the US). If I saw a student wearing this, I would have to dress code them, unless my principal approved the sale and wearing of the bracelets.

This is my logic - if I allow a student to wear something that says "boobies", then that same logic would allow a student to wear a bracelet the reads "I (heart) BONERS!" for prostate cancer awareness. Its hard to permit one and not the other. I also teach Health, which involves some very detailed and frank discussions on everything about sexual activity, STD's, you name it. So, yeah, I would have to go with whatever my principal said on this one. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it - BOOBIES or BONERS. But some will say that those phrases are too much of a distraction....
    I think it's totally different. BOOBIES- it's a womens body part that we have so we can feed our babies.
    BONERS- its for sex. and yes, i can see that one causing some distractions among the students.
    Really? That's how you make the distinction. Hey! There's no babies without boners.
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    im done with this post. some of you are just crazy. idc i you disagree with me, i knew people would. but to get all *kitten* hurt because im speaking my opinion is stupid. have a good day everyone.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Options
    For the record I don't think anyone was too upset with the topic, but with your utter lack of respect for anyone with a dissenting opinion. For goodness sakes you insinuated I was a bad father for making an adult joke in context in a place where adults would see the humor. Nobody insulted you directly, they were saying maybe you need too watch your words.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    EDttMR4qlqycefdaUW4LqO3to1_500.jpg

for everyone