I (Heart) BOOBIES!

Options

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    i agree and guaranteed school-age boys wouldn't wear "I <3 breasts" just doesn't have the "cool" factor lol

wow.

are you serious? it was a joke. calm yourself down

oh man people are so freaking serious...get a grip! Breasts are sexual so yes you're right...but they are also used for feeding. It' depends on the person and on how they take the word used. This argument is never ending on both sides.

Off I go to work out!
  • SGartz
    SGartz Posts: 57
    Options
    Just wanted to add my support to 'hearting' boobies :)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It's sad that people think of breasts as a sexual thing when they are meant for use of feeding babies. If you take it sexually that's your deal. I personally think that the bracelets are great! The more awareness the better.

School-age boys though I think 99% of them would take it sexually but...like I said if it gets people talking that's more awareness for the cause.

So your profile picture is just to show us how you feed your babies? Aww, how sweet. :happy:

Um...my picture isn't of my breasts thank you very much. It's of my sweat...it keeps me motivated. If you take it sexual...that's your deal not mine. It wasn't intended as so when I took the picture it was purely for the sweat. Now if I had my breasts showing I'd agree with you but you see more of my neck than you do my actual breasts.

Breasts/Boobs have been for more than feeding babies for a LONG time, and will continue to be the same. Just as a woman holding a banana will sometimes make a guy think sexually.

Personally, I see valid points on both side of this argument. I only spoke up because I felt your comment was absurd.

I agree with you.

Absurd...no but lacked my opinion on them also being sexual...yes.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    i agree and guaranteed school-age boys wouldn't wear "I <3 breasts" just doesn't have the "cool" factor lol

wow.

are you serious? it was a joke. calm yourself down

oh man people are so freaking serious...get a grip! Breasts are sexual so yes you're right...but they are also used for feeding. It' depends on the person and on how they take the word used. This argument is never ending on both sides.

Off I go to work out!

Really? I just assumed you were serious when you said "breasts are only for feeding babies". My b.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    ...Let's detract from the arguments for a bit and shift it this way, shall we?

w220196032.jpg

Yeah, yeah, totally inappropriate for the topic...blah, blah, unfit to live. Flame me.
  • sinnuendo
    sinnuendo Posts: 15
    Options
    Stupid red x's I wish I could see that picture.

Anyway I :heart: ( * ) Y ( * )'s I would totally wear that bracelet and I would wear it on a t shirt as well.
  • BlkStool
    BlkStool Posts: 13
    Options
    [/quote]
    I think it's totally different. BOOBIES- it's a womens body part that we have so we can feed our babies.
    BONERS- its for sex. and yes, i can see that one causing some distractions among the students.
    [/quote]

How are babies made? I think a "BONER" Plays an important role in most cases. I also think that the word "boobies" is used for shock value on the bracelet (rightfully so). I also think that most high school kids are less about the cause and more about the words. They would sell more if it said T*t$, or funbags.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    This was an issue here locally, as well-- Easton, Pennsylvania students with the same issue.

Personally, I think the bracelets are in bad taste. Wonderful cause-- disrespectful delivery.

Somebody quipped here they were going to wear "I heart balls" bracelets in response-- and truly, suppose for a minute we were supporting cancer of the penis. Would we allow our kids the freedom to use cute little euphemisms for the male organ? I think not.

Freedom of speech? Absolutely-- but, if a school district has a policy, then policy should prevail.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    ...Let's detract from the arguments for a bit and shift it this way, shall we?

w220196032.jpg

Yeah, yeah, totally inappropriate for the topic...blah, blah, unfit to live. Flame me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This is my logic - if I allow a student to wear something that says "boobies", then that same logic would allow a student to wear a bracelet the reads "I (heart) BONERS!" for prostate cancer awareness. Its hard to permit one and not the other. I also teach Health, which involves some very detailed and frank discussions on everything about sexual activity, STD's, you name it. So, yeah, I would have to go with whatever my principal said on this one. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it - BOOBIES or BONERS. But some will say that those phrases are too much of a distraction....

AAahahahahahaha, you'd better market those quick!
  • Lazyboy09
    Options
    im done with this post. some of you are just crazy. idc i you disagree with me, i knew people would. but to get all *kitten* hurt because im speaking my opinion is stupid. have a good day everyone.

raaaaaaaaaawwwrrrr!! lols
  • Lazyboy09
    Options
    It's sad that people think of breasts as a sexual thing when they are meant for use of feeding babies. If you take it sexually that's your deal.

What a joke! hahaha, this thread is full of win
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's sad that people think of breasts as a sexual thing when they are meant for use of feeding babies. If you take it sexually that's your deal.

This was my favourite. It seems I have been improperly using my breasts and nobody told me.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I think there are much more tastful ways of supporting breast cancer survivors or research. I agree with the previous post, if there were people wearing "I heart balls" bracelets, there would be a bigger uproar I think. My grandma had breast cancer. I support research almost every opportunity I can.

I don't think there are very many high school age people that wear these solely to support this cause. I think it is a little tacky, honestly.

agreed
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

This was my favourite. It seems I have been improperly using my breasts and nobody told me.

Wait until Victoria Secret's learns that breasts aren't sexual, they'll be out of business in no time. :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where I stand on this one. I am a teacher at a high school in Las Vegas, NV (fyi, our school district is the 5th largest in the US). If I saw a student wearing this, I would have to dress code them, unless my principal approved the sale and wearing of the bracelets.

This is my logic - if I allow a student to wear something that says "boobies", then that same logic would allow a student to wear a bracelet the reads "I (heart) BONERS!" for prostate cancer awareness. Its hard to permit one and not the other. I also teach Health, which involves some very detailed and frank discussions on everything about sexual activity, STD's, you name it. So, yeah, I would have to go with whatever my principal said on this one. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it - BOOBIES or BONERS. But some will say that those phrases are too much of a distraction....
    I think it's totally different. BOOBIES- it's a womens body part that we have so we can feed our babies.
    BONERS- its for sex. and yes, i can see that one causing some distractions among the students.

I see boobies as a very pejorative term for female anatomy that objectifies women in a sexual manner.

But I'm sure I'm just a prude.

And on a more simply devil's advocate note - boners are required to produce babies. How is that any different than boobies for milk to feed babies, especially in a society that rarely breast feeds beyond the first two months of infancy. Also, these are high school kids, not child bearing family oriented adults.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "and NEVER have i heard that God gave us breasts for SEX. NEVER. first time for everything though....I still dont believe breasts are for sex. I think that is just what SOCIETY has labeled them as being for."

"again, im not going to argue. to each his own."
    [/quote]

Read and study the book of Song of Solomon (that's in the Bible). It is about sex. God is the creator of sex (though, His design it between one man and one woman in the confines of marriage). King Solomon and his wife the young Shulamite (sp) are enjoying eachother intimately, describing in great detail eachother's body.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    *kitten*.JUST.GOT.REAL.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    If Boobies were only meant for Breast feeding...how come I had to fend off the Boyfriend and hear 'hey! those are mine!" whenever I took them out to feed the baby. :laugh:

I am 100% behind awareness but I do believe the students are wearing them more for the shock factor. When everyone was wearing the Live strong bracelets...we all knew what those were for and they didn't have a "catchy" slogan. Why wouldn't a pink bracelet with a ribbon be sufficient to support her grandmother?

It's been 10 years since I was in school but I do remember it didn't take much to distract us and get us off topic. :tongue:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    *kitten*.JUST.GOT.REAL.

Hahahahahahahaha!