I (Heart) BOOBIES!

Options

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    im done with this post. some of you are just crazy. idc i you disagree with me, i knew people would. but to get all *kitten* hurt because im speaking my opinion is stupid. have a good day everyone.

I thought you were a proponent of free speech and freedom of expression.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I dont need to write anyone. as it was stated on the news (which is where i found the above link at) it is against the law for then to ban these bracelets!

You actually do need to write someone or show up at a school board meeting. Ill bet very few people in this thread have ever attended a school board meeting and if they have Ill bet they havent attended more then one. School boards can do anything they want and there isnt much you can do to stop them.

School boards are so incredibly powerful. School boards have more power then your local city council. Go to your school board meetings.
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have three children still in school (2 boys/1 girl) and they all have these bracelets. I have no problem with them. My children support breast cancer research. I am very proud of them because they can tell you WHY they wear the bracelets (or shirts) and what makes the issue important to them.

I have no problem with the district restricting what my kids can wear (for example the t-shirts) and my kids respect the rules and don't wear them. They will tell you about the importance of breast cancer research without having to advertise how they feel.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think kids should be able to wear theese, without a problem in school! They are supporting breast cancer for crying out loud! I buy everything I can to support breast cancer, bracelets, shirts, I even have a "feel ur boobies" sticker on my car! I think its great they get the support from a young generation! I'm really dissapointed to see some women say its innapropriate to say i heart boobies. As a woman I think you SHOULD love boobs! and you SHOULD support breast cancer in ANYWAY! I know I do!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I nominate this thread for "Most Useless of the Week".

Is there anyone in the world that's NOT aware of breast cancer or any cancer for that matter? What's with all this cancer awareness apparel anyhow? Just to add a little controversy; Do you know how many would be unemployed if cancer gets cured? There's a reason it hasn't been cured by now.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Did you realize the number of prostrate cancer victims Dwarfs the the number of breast cancer victims....Where is the love for prostrate cancer
  • nielsh22
    nielsh22 Posts: 17
    Options
    you dont think the word Boobies implies sex to 14-17 yr old high school kids? I guarantee the first thing a high school kid thinks about when he sees the word Boobies is not breast cancer.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It's sad that people think of breasts as a sexual thing when they are meant for use of feeding babies. If you take it sexually that's your deal. I personally think that the bracelets are great! The more awareness the better.

School-age boys though I think 99% of them would take it sexually but...like I said if it gets people talking that's more awareness for the cause.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well, there are definitely more tasteful breast cancer awareness bracelets out there...I probably wouldn't want my kids wearing one that said I hear Boobies. It does seem inappropriate, especially in a school setting.

I very much agree. You can support breast cancer awareness in a tasteful manner.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    It's sad that people think of breasts as a sexual thing when they are meant for use of feeding babies. If you take it sexually that's your deal. I personally think that the bracelets are great! The more awareness the better.

School-age boys though I think 99% of them would take it sexually but...like I said if it gets people talking that's more awareness for the cause.

Well they need to be referred to as breasts than rather than "boobies"
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options

HAHAHA!

If you're not using them as a sexual thing: that's sad.

And they don't call it "boobie feeding".

Y'all ignorant. Come on, man,
    fo_rly.jpg?1285168510
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely sickening!!!! I cannot believe the powertrips some of the schools' authority are going on. It's very obvious what the intended meaning of the bracelets is...just because it says "boobies".

Ugh, I hope someone does something about this...
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options

So your profile picture is just to show us how you feed your babies? Aww, how sweet. :happy:
  • nielsh22
    nielsh22 Posts: 17
    Options
    The bottom line is that the principle doesnt want the boys in his school thinking about boobies and sex all day he wants them thinking about school. Sure as you mature and get older its not a big deal to us, but in high school the word boobies brings on conversation about sex not breast cancer.
  • eeeekie
    Options
    Well they need to be referred to as breasts than rather than "boobies"

i agree and guaranteed school-age boys wouldn't wear "I <3 breasts" just doesn't have the "cool" factor lol
  • eeeekie
    Options

So your profile picture is just to show us how you feed your babies? Aww, how sweet. :happy:

Um...my picture isn't of my breasts thank you very much. It's of my sweat...it keeps me motivated. If you take it sexual...that's your deal not mine. It wasn't intended as so when I took the picture it was purely for the sweat. Now if I had my breasts showing I'd agree with you but you see more of my neck than you do my actual breasts.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    i agree and guaranteed school-age boys wouldn't wear "I <3 breasts" just doesn't have the "cool" factor lol

wow.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Good for her for not backing down.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I don't think they should be allowed to wear them because I hate the word "boobies".
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Um...my picture isn't of my breasts thank you very much. It's of my sweat...it keeps me motivated. If you take it sexual...that's your deal not mine. It wasn't intended as so when I took the picture it was purely for the sweat. Now if I had my breasts showing I'd agree with you but you see more of my neck than you do my actual breasts.

Breasts/Boobs have been for more than feeding babies for a LONG time, and will continue to be the same. Just as a woman holding a banana will sometimes make a guy think sexually.

Personally, I see valid points on both side of this argument. I only spoke up because I felt your comment was absurd.