What are YOU having for lunch today? INSPIRE ME! =)

Options

Replies

• damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    2 Chicken keebabs (homemade)
    1/2 cup organic brown rice
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I made smoky hoppin john - black eyed peas, brown rice, and kale cooked with a TON of chili powder, chipolte powder, and a little garlic, cumin, and oregano. Can't wait for the clock to hit 11:30 so I can try it!!!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    turkey and spinach sandwich with some olives and Pop chips
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ham and Pumpkin soup with a Pumpkin Knot Roll (yep..I like pumpkin and made the soup to use the pumpkin left over from the rolls) -Under 300 cals- (most from the roll)

This is sounds super good!!

I will probably have a salad with lobster chunks on it...(I eat luch later as I have a large breakfast) but I just had a snack of 2 hard boiled eggs cut up and mixed with 1 TBSP sweet relish and 1 TBSP of reduced fat mayo with olive oil on 3 slices Wasa crisp n light toasts...and it was very yummy!!

It was my first time making it (: Got the recipe off of Allrecipes.com(I adapted to leave the cream out of it! I think I would enjoy that salad!!!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Progresso Rich & Heaty Steak & Homestyle Noodles soup. I love this line of soups. Most are low fat, tasty, and filling. I love the Chicken Tuscany. It is high in fiber and really keeps me full. This is the first time I am trying the steak & noodle. Most are around 200-300 calories for the entire can.

I love Progresso Soup...so tasty,not as bland as some other soups....but I limit how many times I eat them b/c unless I buy the low sodium kind.....the sodium count is outragious....like 1000 per can...Yikes.....But I love how they taste....mmmmm
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Mexican Tortilla Soup, a salad, and an apple
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Progresso Rich & Heaty Steak & Homestyle Noodles soup. I love this line of soups. Most are low fat, tasty, and filling. I love the Chicken Tuscany. It is high in fiber and really keeps me full. This is the first time I am trying the steak & noodle. Most are around 200-300 calories for the entire can.

I love Progresso Soup...so tasty,not as bland as some other soups....but I limit how many times I eat them b/c unless I buy the low sodium kind.....the sodium count is outragious....like 1000 per can...Yikes.....But I love how they taste....mmmmm

Sodium is one of the last things I worry about right now. I watch more for calorie and fat content, carbs, prtein and fiber.
  • eturenchalk
    Options
    I feel ya! I wanted that for breakfast and we were out of avocado!
  • eturenchalk
    Options
    Kefir Ranch dressing (good alternative if you've never heard/tried it).

Where do you buy it? Or do you make it??
  • eturenchalk
    Options
    last night I made Mediterranean Barley Salad- enough for the week- with kalamata oilves, cucumber, red pepper, lemon zest, cantanelli beans, and a homemade lemon dijon dressing. Yummmmm

Would love a copy of the lemon dijon dressing!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    -4 oz tilapia w/ lemon juice and pepper. (First time trying it, did not like it).
    -2 oz fresh green beans, lightly steamed.
    -2/3 cup brown rice.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Today our lunch is being catered in. We're having homemade lasagna, salad and a dessert tray. I've pre-logged it all so I know where I stand.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A pita pocket with neufchatel cheese and cucumbers, carrots and a light yogurt. Yum 360 calories.
  • Lakelady48
    Options
    Chicken Taco salad without the tortilla, topped with lots of lettuce,tomato, onion, peppers and fat-free sour cream. This is left over from our dinner last night - 1 shredded chicken breast mixed with a can of kidney beans stretches quite a ways when I am eating correct portion sizes!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Today I had build your own taco salad. mmmmm
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    bump- need some new lunch ideas
  • kkwillingham
    Options
    Spinach Salad with Grilled salmon and Newman's Low Fat Seasame Ginger dressing. Sprinkled with some almonds. And a pack of Lance's whole wheat and cheddar crackers!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good lunches! I had a boring sandwich. Chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, black pepper, and light mayo on a bagel thin and grapes.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Last night I made this last Pork Tenderloin recipe in the crock pot which will get me at least 3 portions for lunch this week.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/amazing-pork-tenderloin-in-the-slow-cooker/Detail.aspx

It is about 200 calories per 5 ounces and then I am doing different 100-150 calorie sides for each day. Today's is some whole grain rottini pasta with shaved butternut squash.
  • beckyb64
    beckyb64 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wholemeal pitta with wafer thin turkey, a slice of half-fat mature cheddar & gherkins. Very savoury & yummy!