No Grain...No Pain!!!

Options
MissKim
MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
This is a group for all of my fellow Paleo/Primal/Caveman/No grains/No Sugar Lifestyle peeps! Whatever you choose to call it! If you don't eat grains/sugar and follow a similar low-carb eating lifestyle you are welcome to join!! Just please, if you don't agree with this kind of lifestyle, just hit that back button and keep it moving!

We will have weekly weigh-in's to gauge our fat loss. (it is optional ofcourse) Weigh-in's will be on Tuesdays, since this is the day I started the group :)

It doesn't matter how extreme or how dedicated you are to the lifestyle either! I am by no means an expert! I am still learning new things every single day. and I slip up quite often! That is why I would like a group of us to keep each other accountable and to celebrate our losses!

We will start out with an 8wk challenge! You can set your goals up to whatever you would like them to be! me, personally, I want to log my food everyday, and stick as closely as possible to the primal way of eating. and to lose 20 lbs in the 8 wks! Starts today, April 26th, and ending on June 21st. After we reach the goals for this 8 wks we can re-evaluate and go again! Ofcourse, I will keep track of everything!

To join, fill in the information below!: (you dont' have to give all the info, but thought it would be fun if we knew a little about each other)

Name:
Pets:
Married/SO:
Eating Lifestyle:
Starting weight:
Goal Weight:
Goals for this 8 wks:

and ofcourse anything else you would like to share about yourself!

Replies

• AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122
    Options
    Hello Kim!

Name: Ashley
    Kids: 0
    Pets: 0
    Married/SO: Happily Married :smile:
    Eating Lifestyle: sporadic and often not healthy
    Starting weight: 162
    Goal Weight: 140
    Goals for this 8 wks: to log each and every day no matter what I eat! Also to see a difference with weight loss!

I love that you did this!!!
  • pearlie01
    pearlie01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my name is pearlie, i would like to do this with you
  • MissKim
    Options
    I will go first!

Name: Kim
    Kids: 1 lil boy, 5 months old!
    Pets: 1 cat, Layla
    Married/SO: live with my boyfriend Darron
    Eating Lifestyle: a mixture of Paleo/Primal, starting out just trying to get rid of grains and sugars, I will work on dairy later
    Starting weight: 200
    Goal Weight: 140
    Goals for this 8 wks: 180 and the other stuff above!
  • pearlie01
    pearlie01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    pearlie
    kids 3
    pets no
    married yes
    starting weight is 255.6

goal 199
    goal for 8 wks is 20
  • MissKim
    Options
    lol, guess i didn't go first, you beat me too it!

Welcome Ladies :)
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I'll play along but I only weigh in every 4 weeks. I've been Paleo for 3 months and have dropped 32 (?) lbs.

Name: Dan
    Kids: 0, but my girlfriend has 3, 2 that live with us
    Pets: 15 cats/kittens...Buffy, Spike, Willow, Harmony, Raven, Riley, Gingy, Ozzie, Molly, Sammy, Xander, Ruby, Bella, Angel & Glory (all indoor)
    Married/SO: Single/girlfriend
    Eating Lifestyle: Paleo
    Starting weight: 289 lbs (lost 25 lbs on P90X/Insanity, not Paleo)
    Goal Weight: 205-210
    Goals for this 8 wks: 15 lbs
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephanie
    Kids: 2 awesome little boys-Logan, 7 and Matthew, 5
    Pets:1 lab/chow mix named Rudy Huxtable (hubby named her, don't know why, lol)
    Married/SO: Happily Married to Joe
    Eating Lifestyle: Slowly easing into Primal, have successfully omitted pasta, bread, well all grains. Carbs under 100, sugar under 50g.
    Starting weight: 165
    Goal Weight: 125
    Goals for this 8 wks: Lose the last 15 lbs (stuck for almost 2 months @ 140). Stay under carbs and sugar, everyday!!

Thanks for starting this, love it!!!
  • NanRunsOnPaleo
    NanRunsOnPaleo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Name: Nancy

Kids: just one 3 yr old!

Pets: none

Married/SO: Married

Eating Lifestyle: Paleo/Prima but not as strictl! Some cheats here and there - more like nibbles. I do consume dairy such as full fat plain fage greek yogurt, string cheese, feta cheese but not all daily and at the same time. I also use butter, ghee when cooking along with virgin coconut oil. I went Primal last year and consumed dairy. I found myself losing weight then so I don't think I have a problem with dairy.

Starting weight: Based on my home scale, I THINK 176-178

Goal Weight: 125-130 max.

Goals for this 8 wks: Continue Primal/Paleo and make sure to keep consistent with working out. Been focusing a lot on strength training as my goal is to not be skinny fat. Not afraid of putting on muscle!
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Name: Missi
    Kids: 2, 11&13
    Pets: 1, miniature dachshund named sparkie
    Married/SO: married almost 13yrs!
    Eating Lifestyle: keto/primal
    Starting weight: 156
    Goals for this 8 wks: log my food everyday, stay in ketosis, have a great workouts
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Miss Kim!

Name: Susan
    Kids: 2 (13 and 19)
    Pets: 2 cats - Nina and Zoe
    Married/SO: Happily married for 2.5 years
    Eating Lifestyle: Paleo (however still eat dairy and drink wine on the weekends). Don't see that I'll ever stop consuming either one.
    Starting weight: 171 (have lost 7 on Paleo since 4/1/11)
    Goal Weight: 158
    Goals for this 8 wks: To stay on Paleo for 90%/ketosis/GOAL!
  • MissKim
    Options
    Looks like we're getting a little group together! I'm logging names, weights, and goals into a spreadsheet now :) just let me know if anyone needs to make any changes to them.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    tagging for later!!
  • MissKim
    Options
    Name: Nancy

Kids: just one 3 yr old!

Married/SO: Married

Eating Lifestyle: Paleo/Prima but not as strictl! Some cheats here and there - more like nibbles. I do consume dairy such as full fat plain fage greek yogurt, string cheese, feta cheese but not all daily and at the same time. I also use butter, ghee when cooking along with virgin coconut oil. I went Primal last year and consumed dairy. I found myself losing weight then so I don't think I have a problem with dairy.

Starting weight: Based on my home scale, I THINK 176-178

Goal Weight: 125-130 max.

Goals for this 8 wks: Continue Primal/Paleo and make sure to keep consistent with working out. Been focusing a lot on strength training as my goal is to not be skinny fat. Not afraid of putting on muscle!

Nancy, what's your goal weight for the end of this 8 wks?? Doesn't have to be exact, just something to work towards!? so i can put it in the chart
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, I'll leave it to your discretion on whether I qualify or not (I think a challenge would be good for me):

Name: Erica
    Kids: none
    Married/SO: independent single
    Eating Lifestyle: Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Basically I'm low carb for 23 hours of the day. I have one meal that can contain an above normal carb amount but I restrict myself to 105g of carbs (not net) daily.
    Starting weight: Current weight is 213.7 (down from 232 when i started MFP 3/7/2011 so not sure which one you wanna use)
    Goal Weight: 160
    Goals for this 8 wks: 10lbs. I have a couple of trips and a birthday coming up within these 8 weeks so not expecting a miracle haha! I weigh on Fridays usually. Will weigh on Thursday next week since I'm going out of town that night.

Let me know if you need anything else.
  • MissKim
    Options
    Name: Missi
    Kids: 2, 11&13
    Pets: 1, miniature dachshund named sparkie
    Married/SO: married almost 13yrs!
    Eating Lifestyle: keto/primal
    Starting weight: 156
    Goals for this 8 wks: log my food everyday, stay in ketosis, have a great workouts

Is that your goal weight for the 8 wks?? Not saying you couldn't lose 31 lbs in two months, but just wanting to make sure that's what you meant.
  • MissKim
    Options
    I don't think I made it too clear, but your starting weight and goal weight are for this 8 wks! I will edit original post to make it more clear!!
  • MissKim
    Options
    Hi Kim, I'll leave it to your discretion on whether I qualify or not (I think a challenge would be good for me):

Name: Erica
    Married/SO: independent single
    Eating Lifestyle: Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Basically I'm low carb for 23 hours of the day. I have one meal that can contain an above normal carb amount but I restrict myself to 105g of carbs (not net) daily.
    Starting weight: Current weight is 213.7 (down from 232 when i started MFP 3/7/2011 so not sure which one you wanna use)
    Goal Weight: 160
    Goals for this 8 wks: 10lbs. I have a couple of trips and a birthday coming up within these 8 weeks so not expecting a miracle haha! I weigh on Fridays usually. Will weigh on Thursday next week since I'm going out of town that night.

Let me know if you need anything else.

You are welcome to join the challenge! As long as you feel comfortable in here you are welcome!! Hopefully we can all learn from each other. Even us Paleo/Primal people have very differing diets. I just want to make sure everyone in here respects each others choices. that's all that matters to me!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Name: Pam
    Kids: 2 daughters aged 3 (Sydney) and 5 (Hunter)
    Pets: 2 dogs: a Weimaraner Jake; a JRT Daisy Duke
    Married/SO: Married 7 years, October
    Eating Lifestyle: Alcoholics diet of wine, wine, vodka and some champagne to top it all off :laugh: :laugh: low/no carb, high protein, moderate fats
    Starting weight: 214
    Goal Weight: 150 (My GP prefers 160)
    Goals for this 8 wks: CW 187 (not counting the 5 pounds of salt retention from the weekend) by July 9 would like a 17-something
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Oh, should we make it a closed group so that we don't get attacked?
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Name: Meganne
    Pets: dog (min pin named Banjo), and a guinea pig (name Guinea Pig)
    Married/SO: engaged :)
    Eating Lifestyle: Low-carb (aspects of atkins and primal)
    Starting weight: 173?? haven't weighed in for about a month
    Goal Weight: wherever a find I feel good about myself- somewhere in the range of 130-150 I think
    Goals for this 8 wks: to drop a pant size

I'm not big on regular weigh-ins. I'm also a recovering binge eater/ bulimic and have some emotional issues tied into being a slave to the scale, so I don't want to fall into any dangerous territory for myself- but,as it's sometimes hard to find support and sympathy to low carb lifestyles, I'm happy to find another "safe place" here, where I can find people who understand my beliefs towards a healthy way of eating.

Thanks for starting this,Kim!

:)