No Grain...No Pain!!!

Options

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I'll play along but I only weigh in every 4 weeks. I've been Paleo for 3 months and have dropped 32 (?) lbs.

Name: Dan
    Kids: 0, but my girlfriend has 3, 2 that live with us
    Pets: 15 cats/kittens...Buffy, Spike, Willow, Harmony, Raven, Riley, Gingy, Ozzie, Molly, Sammy, Xander, Ruby, Bella, Angel & Glory (all indoor)
    Married/SO: Single/girlfriend
    Eating Lifestyle: Paleo
    Starting weight: 289 lbs (lost 25 lbs on P90X/Insanity, not Paleo)
    Goal Weight: 205-210
    Goals for this 8 wks: 15 lbs

Dan, I love that you have so many cats! Their names are awesome :)
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OK count me in. I have gone from Atkins- BFFM (Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle)-BFC (Belly Fat Cure) to Primal. I have read all the books from Sisson, Cordain, Wolf, and DeVany and settled on more of a primal lifestyle (still eat Greek yogurt and cottage cheese)

Name: David
    Kids: 4
    Pets: None
    Married/SO: Yes
    Eating Lifestyle: Primal
    Starting weight: 230
    Goal Weight: 200
    Goals for this 8 wks: 220
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristie
    Kids: 3
    Pets: None
    Married/SO: Very Happily Married
    Starting Weight: 133
    Goal Weight: 105-110
    Goal for this 8 Weeks: 120
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Name: Leslie
    Kids: 0
    Pets: 2 cats, Bear and Diego
    Married/SO: Married
    Eating Lifestyle: Just trying to eat better and my goal is as clean and natural as possible.
    Starting weight: 296
    Goal Weight: 165
    Goals for this 8 wks: 20 lbs down
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Name: Meganne
    Kids: none
    Pets: dog (min pin named Banjo), and a guinea pig (name Guinea Pig)
    Married/SO: engaged :)
    Eating Lifestyle: Low-carb (aspects of atkins and primal)
    Starting weight: 173?? haven't weighed in for about a month
    Goal Weight: wherever a find I feel good about myself- somewhere in the range of 130-150 I think
    Goals for this 8 wks: to drop a pant size

I'm not big on regular weigh-ins. I'm also a recovering binge eater/ bulimic and have some emotional issues tied into being a slave to the scale, so I don't want to fall into any dangerous territory for myself- but,as it's sometimes hard to find support and sympathy to low carb lifestyles, I'm happy to find another "safe place" here, where I can find people who understand my beliefs towards a healthy way of eating.

Thanks for starting this,Kim!

:)

completely understandable! only do what you feel comfortable with!!
  • MissKim
    Options
    Oh, should we make it a closed group so that we don't get attacked?

I know where your coming from with that! but no way! I want all the haters to see how much weight we're losing :) but no for real...even if we can influence one or two people to change the way they are eating, haven't we done some good?? and I made it pretty clear in the intro that if you didn't agree with the lifestyle to stay out! so hopefully people will abide, if not, they will get put out! lol but i want it to stay open so that newcomers to the lifestyle will have a place to go for support.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I qualify, but here goes!

Name: Nicole
    Kids: 2 (16 month old daughter, 3 y/o son)
    Pets: Zena the pitbull, Lexie the rat terrier, Theo the tortoise, Mama the cat
    Married/SO: married for almost 5 yrs
    Eating Lifestyle: I am trying to mostly follow the slow carb type of diet. No dairy, no carbs from bread/pasta/rice, no fruit. Mostly eating beans, veggies, and lean meats/fish. I have one day a week to go crazy and eat whatever I want.
    Starting weight: 153 (starting of MFP but my CW is 133.6)
    Goal Weight: 125
    Goals for this 8 wks: I would love to be at my goal by the end of 8 weeks, so that means 8.6 lbs to go
  • MissKim
    Options
    Also, I would like to add that if you would like to keep up with your measurements, or your bodyfat percentage, you can check in with those numbers if you would like! I understand that some people prefer to stay away from the scale! I will keep up with whatever numbers you would like. Or if you would like to weigh in just when you feel up to it is fine.

The way I look at the scale is that I know it is a liar. I know that my weight can fluctuate pounds! in just hours, and I understand all the reasons why. glycogen stores, water weight, hormones, the food i ate, etc..etc..etc.. the reason i like to weigh in is b/c it will show progress over time. If you are doing everything right and you have fat to lose, then you will see it go down over a period of time. Your week to week progress may seem slow. you may go up and down, but over the 8wks you should see some progress. And any progress in the right direction is great! but i understand some people's obsession with the scale, so just do what you feel comfortable with. I just want you all to set some goals and achieve them, whatever they may be!
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    first off, THIS IS AWESOME! the first weigt-loss challenge i can get behind totally because it focused towards my dietary lifestyle!!

Name: Brandi
    Pets: 2 cats, Malo & Apollo
    Married/SO: Dating my BF Michael :-D
    Eating Lifestyle: Paleo/Primal (i can't seem to break my occasional dairy love)
    Starting weight: 146
    Goal Weight: 135
    Goals for this 8 wks: to log in, be supportive to people, and hopefully obtain my goals healthily :D

SO EXCITED!!!!
  • MissKim
    Options
    I'm excited too! i didn't expect to have so many people join! This is just the motivation I need to stick with this!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I don't think I made it too clear, but your starting weight and goal weight are for this 8 wks! I will edit original post to make it more clear!!

I messed up. I thought you meant original weight that I started at. which was 289. I'm currently 232 so my 8 week goal will put me at 217.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I'll play along but I only weigh in every 4 weeks. I've been Paleo for 3 months and have dropped 32 (?) lbs.

Name: Dan
    Kids: 0, but my girlfriend has 3, 2 that live with us
    Pets: 15 cats/kittens...Buffy, Spike, Willow, Harmony, Raven, Riley, Gingy, Ozzie, Molly, Sammy, Xander, Ruby, Bella, Angel & Glory (all indoor)
    Married/SO: Single/girlfriend
    Eating Lifestyle: Paleo
    Starting weight: 289 lbs (lost 25 lbs on P90X/Insanity, not Paleo)
    Goal Weight: 205-210
    Goals for this 8 wks: 15 lbs

Dan, I love that you have so many cats! Their names are awesome :)

4 Persians and the rest are strays/shelter cats/kittens. As you might guess by the names my girlfriend is a Twilight/Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Alright Kim you convinced me to give it a try....with all your success :). I just hope I can remember to weigh in. That's my biggest weakness.

Name: Lindsay
    Pets: 2 cats and 2 dogs (Sully, Roxy, Zoey, and Barkley)
    Married/SO: Live with my boyfriend Jeff
    Eating Lifestyle: TBD- Trying to lower my carb intake and eat healthier
    Starting weight: Around 210 (It's been a while since I got on the scale).
    Goal Weight: 145
    Goals for this 8 wks: To login and track everything I eat daily and get below 200 pounds!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I don't think I made it too clear, but your starting weight and goal weight are for this 8 wks! I will edit original post to make it more clear!!

I messed up. I thought you meant original weight that I started at. which was 289. I'm currently 232 so my 8 week goal will put me at 217.
    Me too - I'm currently 187, 8 weeks would like to see 176 or 175
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Name: Chryl
    Kids: 2

Married/SO: Happily Married
    Eating Lifestyle: The Primal Blueprint
    Starting weight: 158
    Goal Weight: 130
    Goals for this 8 wks: Losing at least 15lbs

Losing the Fat might be difficult for me because I am Sedentary. I workout for about 1 hour a day to either Turbo Fire, P90X or Insanity and thats it. I stay in ketosis for about 6 days and have a treat day on Saturday to kick me way out of it. On that day I eat dairy and many treats made from Almond Meal. I make my own homemade almondola cereal, Banana Nut Breads, Almond Cinnamon Raisin Cookies, Chocolate Waisted Cake etc... I have a ball lol.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I want to get some breakfast ideas from the peeps here. Most mornings I have eggs and uncured bacon, sometimes I'll have a side of berries with almond butter or cream... but that's pretty much all I've been doing. So I just wanted to hear what all y'all do for breakfasts, so I can have ideas for more variety.

Thanks!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I want to get some breakfast ideas from the peeps here. Most mornings I have eggs and uncured bacon, sometimes I'll have a side of berries with almond butter or cream... but that's pretty much all I've been doing. So I just wanted to hear what all y'all do for breakfasts, so I can have ideas for more variety.

Thanks!

Hi Meganne - I was struggling with that last night. I just couldn't bear the thought of getting up and eating eggs again. So I did a little recipe research on marksdailyapple.com and Robb Wolf's forum. Found some good ideas. I thinks it's about changing your mindset to thinking that it's ok to have dinner food for breakfast. But, anyway for breakfast this morning, I had:

1/2 avocado
    2 tbls slivered almonds
    2 slices of uncured bacon

It was delicious. Occasionally I have a chocolate whey protein shake with coconut flakes. Check out the recipes on those sites. A lot of people might have chicken with sauteed veggies, or meat. Some have fruit with nuts and seeds. Have whatever you feel like :)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Hi Meganne - I was struggling with that last night. I just couldn't bear the thought of getting up and eating eggs again. So I did a little recipe research on marksdailyapple.com and Robb Wolf's forum. Found some good ideas. I thinks it's about changing your mindset to thinking that it's ok to have dinner food for breakfast. But, anyway for breakfast this morning, I had:

1/2 avocado
    2 tbls slivered almonds
    2 slices of uncured bacon

It was delicious. Occasionally I have a chocolate whey protein shake with coconut flakes. Check out the recipes on those sites. A lot of people might have chicken with sauteed veggies, or meat. Some have fruit with nuts and seeds. Have whatever you feel like :)

Soup is also a good filling breakfast!
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Name: Katy
    Kids: 2 year old boy
    Pets: Bella, cat
    Married/SO: Married to Jeremy
    Eating Lifestyle: Just started (Sunday) with the low-carb thing. I am trying to keep it at 50 or less per day. But it is hard. Also my husband thinks I'm brave and nuts, and isn't willing to join the carb-bandwagon yet. This will be great support. I started the low-carb thing after reading about other's experiences in MFP forums.
    Starting weight: 147 (I was 146.5 this a.m., but I only count the weight loss on a weekly basis)
    Goal Weight: 140 (almost there)
    Goals for this 8 wks: 140 or less
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Name: Rarely use my "real" name... brangwen or AJ is fine :wink: (yes I actually answer to brangwen in real life too :laugh: )
    Kids: <see below> :bigsmile:
    Pets: 2 cats, 1 dog... all 10 yrs and older, it's the senior citizen animal home! :laugh:
    Married/SO: Yep!
    Eating Lifestyle: Primal - still consuming cream, full fat greek yogurt, cheese and butter - all in small amounts. Considering giving up nightshades as they seem to give me heartburn, but my tomatoes... oh how I love tomatoes!
    Starting weight: 160
    Goal Weight: 120
    Goals for this 8 wks: 10lbs

I have been struggling with my weight for almost 3 years now... have tried a huge assortment of diets and eating styles and finally settled on Primal. I have been roughly 80% since January and have not experienced any weight loss yet (or size loss). I am not going to participate in regular weigh-ins until I figure out WTF is wrong with my body and how to get the weight loss started. :huh: