Ripped in 30 Challenge - May 2011

Options

Replies

• reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    wELCOME ladies!! the more the merrier!!

Day 2 done!! On some of the moves I did 8lb weights, did you realize we are doing some of the moves from Shred L3?
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 2 complete! Can anyone else feel it in their butt?
  • reyna99
    Options
    Week 1 day 2 complete! Can anyone else feel it in their butt?

Back of my thighs are sore! and back of arms/shoulders:) burn baby burn!!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 complete! Was anyone else sore this morning? My arms and legs were, but yesterday we moved furniture, so not for sure if it is the Ripped or the furniture!!

Yes, I noticed there were some 30DS Level 3 moves.

Welcome to all that are joining us. Please feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • skates1980
    skates1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great workout out for week 1 day 1. Reminds me a lot of 30DS, but my heart rate was up a lot more this time. That's def at good thing!!
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on May 1st so i'm on day 3. Can I join and do that one?
  • skates1980
    skates1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought 6 weeks, 6 pack and I'm trying to figure out how to do both videos thru the month of May. Any suggestions on what to do? Should i do both on the same days? I wanted to do Ripped 5 days/week. IDK. Thoughts??
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    I'd like to join in here too if you don't mind. I started on Monday as well (after trying last week Mon and Tues and not being able to straighten my leg or sit on a toilet!! So am starting over this week!) My starting weight is 149 and I'm 5'2".

I was wondering the same thing about the 6 weeks 6 pack. I have level 1 on demand so have done that a few times along with the Ripped. I'm gonna say maybe do it 2-3 times a week??
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    day 2 DONE!! Great work out! Love that it does not take an hour like p90x! Today I weighed 147.5!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started May 1...love it so far. I just took my starting measurements today though. I only weigh myself monthly though so I will let ya'll know my finishing weight. My starting weight was 145.5

thighs - 23.5
    arms (bicep area) - 11.5
    hips - 38
    waist - 33
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    forgot measurements:
    right thigh: 23
    right upper arm: 12.5
    hips: 39
    waist: 35
    bust: 37
  • reyna99
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 done! man was I slow this morning, exhausted, but got threw it :) did i say i was going to do 8lbs...bahahah!! 5 is plenty!
    HAPPY HUMP DAY ALL!!

oh girls doing shred, one of our shred buddies is starting shred again this week, you might look her up :) we'd love for you to join, but might have more in common with ladies doing the same video =)
  • pinklion721
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 complete! ! What a morning my alarm woke my son. Thank god I was able to get him back to sleep so I could get ripped this morning!

We are half way done our first week! Are any of you going to take a rest day like JM suggested? If I do it will probably be Sunday before starting the new week. It wont really be a rest day bc I don't like not doing anything. Lol
  • CharlestonUSC
    Options
    Well I'm late to the party but want to join the group! I'll start day one tomorrow morning. I'll do it at 5am to start the day off but will probably have to do it in the garage b/c i don't want to wake up my wife and daughter while i'm slamming around in the living room. I think doing this in the morning will be good to jump start my metabolism in the morning and then continue with what I already do in the afternoon. I'm currently 260 and would love to get down to 250 by the end of the month. Hopefully doing this Jillian DVD will help. Good luck guys!
  • pinklion721
    Options
    Well I'm late to the party but want to join the group! I'll start day one tomorrow morning. I'll do it at 5am to start the day off but will probably have to do it in the garage b/c i don't want to wake up my wife and daughter while i'm slamming around in the living room. I think doing this in the morning will be good to jump start my metabolism in the morning and then continue with what I already do in the afternoon. I'm currently 260 and would love to get down to 250 by the end of the month. Hopefully doing this Jillian DVD will help. Good luck guys!

Welcome!! I usually do it at 6am and it really is a great way to start my morning! I also do another workout in the afternoon. Either running, walking, biking, elliptical or another JM workout. Good luck! This is a great supportive group!

I also suggest taking measurements. I just finished the 30ds and didn't lose a lot of weight but I did lose over 20 inches!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've been on week 2 for awhile, I'm taking my time. I don't think I'm ready for week 3 yet LOL
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 done. The back of my legs are killing me. Must be working muscles I haven't been working! I started using 5 lb weights this morning, and was suprised that I could do it. Figured I would have to trade out between 3 and 5 lbs. I bet my arms will be sore tomorrow!!

I also got up a little extra early this morning and also did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Feeling good!! Everyone have a great day.
  • susanjackson66
    Options

I love my morning work outs!! Its a great way to start the day.
  • reyna99
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 done. The back of my legs are killing me. Must be working muscles I haven't been working! I started using 5 lb weights this morning, and was suprised that I could do it. Figured I would have to trade out between 3 and 5 lbs. I bet my arms will be sore tomorrow!!

I also got up a little extra early this morning and also did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Feeling good!! Everyone have a great day.

Yes susan mine are sore too!!
  • reyna99
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on May 1st so i'm on day 3. Can I join and do that one?
    Here's the 30 day shred thread...but like I said you more than welcome to join this one too :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231736-30ds-re-starting-today