Ripped in 30 Challenge - May 2011

Options

Replies

• skates1980
    skates1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I finally did my first day of Ripped in 30 today and loved it. I'm excited for results and think Jillian's method is awesome. How often are you all doing the video? I planned on incorporating it and 6 week 6 pack into my already cardio filled week but don't want to overdo it. I haven't done 6 week 6 pack yet, will do it tomorrow. It's hard to work out as much as I want with the whole family home on the weekends.

I tried 6 week 6 pack one day along with Rip, but decided I want to get stronger with Rip before I start doing 6 pack regularly :) What did you decide?
  • skates1980
    Options
    Anyone else's wrists sore from week 2 Rip? Mine were killing me during the workout, kinda scared to see how they feel tomorrow
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes, wrist and shoulders, hurt but its a good hurt, right?!! i feel like a weakling....Keep it up! half way thru with week 2 :)

designerdiscounts-Week 1 didn't seem as challenging to me and that might be from coming off of Level 3 of Shred, I don't think it would hurt to skip....but I did have a lot of soreness in the back of my thighs and back from Week 1 moves. So even though we might think it's "easy" its toning us!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 complete. I had very little motivation today. But I pushed through it and did it! Hope i'm not losing my steam!:noway:

My wrist do not hurt because there is no way I can do those tables correctly!:sad: My wrists are just not strong enough and my butt is too large to hold up with my hands that close to it! :tongue: So I modify badly on that one. Everyone have a great day!
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options

designerdiscounts-Week 1 didn't seem as challenging to me and that might be from coming off of Level 3 of Shred, I don't think it would hurt to skip....but I did have a lot of soreness in the back of my thighs and back from Week 1 moves. So even though we might think it's "easy" its toning us!

Oh, the backs of my legs are very sore and tight - Jillian is definitely kicking my butt, literally. I'll do it for a couple more days and then maybe start into week 2 without a break. That will be 5 days of week 1 before starting week 2. Then I'll do the full weeks of week 2-4. I'm excited to start week 2, sounds like it's hard!
  • Bjean54
    Bjean54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just bought the dvd set for getting ripped. Should be fun to add to my walking to help me lose. This has been an eye opener on watching what I eat. I'm glad I came on board. I'm hoping to make a change by June so I don't have to go on insulin. Is that motivation or what! :) But I need to lose weight to feel better!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 3 done. I can definately tell I am getting stronger. I will do some reps in the advanced and then back down to modified before I pass out. I can tell that by doing that I am sweating more. I started TOM today and so I was dreading doing it, but once I got started I got into it. My wrists don't hard but the palms of my hands do, b/c I do it on the carpet of my living room.

My neck is also sore, but I think its b/c I catch myself looking down and back towards my feet while doing the plank exercises. I should be keeping it straight. Woops.
  • skates1980
    Options
    my wrists are fine today :) .... but shoulders.. OMG! I have really weak & loose joints. I was actually diagnosed with multidirectional instability a few years ago, so I'm curious are planks going to help or hurt me with my shoulder issue? Anyone know?
  • mirandamatte
    Options
    How are y a'll entering it in the exercise log. I timed the workout, starting after warmup and before cool down and got like 23-25 minutes, I forget now, so I log it as 23 minutes of circuit training...I'd rather estimate on the lower end. How long are yall entering it in for??
  • reyna99
    Options
    How are y a'll entering it in the exercise log. I timed the workout, starting after warmup and before cool down and got like 23-25 minutes, I forget now, so I log it as 23 minutes of circuit training...I'd rather estimate on the lower end. How long are yall entering it in for??

you still burn during cool down and warm up, so I just made my own Exercise "Ripped in 30" ...I'm anxious to see tonight what my HMR says, now that I know how to use it :)
  • earickm
    earickm Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey!!!! Saw your 30 day challenge. I just recently started a 30 day shred program that I am really excited about! Just wondering though...how are you entering it on your exercise page? I have entered it as general aerobics but that just doesn't feel right. Any ideas? Thanks!!!
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    Hey!!!! Saw your 30 day challenge. I just recently started a 30 day shred program that I am really excited about! Just wondering though...how are you entering it on your exercise page? I have entered it as general aerobics but that just doesn't feel right. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Most use circuit training, general. Good luck! Its a great workout.
  • susanjackson66
    Options

you still burn during cool down and warm up, so I just made my own Exercise "Ripped in 30" ...I'm anxious to see tonight what my HMR says, now that I know how to use it :)

Same here. I log 30 minutes
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    I haven't posted in a few days but today was level 2 day 1 for me. I did level 1 for 5 days then tried doing level 2 and my dvd was skipping and freezing right at those dreaded mountain climbers!!!!! I took that dvd back with the quickness! (exchanged of course) Level 2 kicked my *kitten* today! But I burned more calories with level 1 for some reason. Hoping it was just because I had to take a few seconds to check what she was doing from time to time. I am right there with you ladies who said they couldn't do the table top thing and not touch the ground with your butt. How is that even possible!?
  • earickm
    earickm Posts: 11
    Options
    I know I am behind by alomst two weeks...but better late than never, right? I did the DVD for the first time on Monday night..kind of a practice run. Sooo, officially....., started day 1, beginner!!!!!! Felt good enough to take an hour walk with my hubby afterwards!!! :)
  • reyna99
    Options
    Week 2, day 3...really only day 3, seems like we have been on week 2 FOREVER!! used my HMR and is said that I burned almost 100 less then I was figuring :(
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 3...really only day 3, seems like we have been on week 2 FOREVER!! used my HMR and is said that I burned almost 100 less then I was figuring :(

How much were you figuring? I've been using 250 as cals burned and think that feels about right for me.

Did day 4 in a row of week 1 tonight and I was really tired. I may take tomorrow off and then do 2 more days of week 1 before moving on to week 2.
  • susanjackson66
    Options

Does your HRM have a chest strap? This concerns me because I was getting pretty close to the same calories you were getting. Hate to think we are off by over 100!!:sad:
  • mirandamatte
    Options
    bleh, got a charlie horse in my calf this morning right as I was waking up to rip...so needless to say it didn't get done this morning. I HAVE to do it when I get home from work now. Hold me accountable ladies!!!!
  • mirandamatte
    Options

Does your HRM have a chest strap? This concerns me because I was getting pretty close to the same calories you were getting. Hate to think we are off by over 100!!:sad:

Well what did y a'll get???