Is it me or do I see slim ppl wanting to lose weight

Options
12346»

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just because you have 28lbs to lose, doesnt mean that someone who has only 5lbs is less deserving than you to be here. Worry about yourself before judging others. Everyone has different goals, and at any rate it's not anyone's business what another person is doing. This includes those with anorexia - leave them alone! What's the point in messaging them? Do you REALLY think you're going to change them? To each their own... worry about yourself first!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I know that my profile pic is only of my top half and if it was of my whole body, I'd look pretty slim. Thats only because I'm tall and everything tends to distribute evenly(kind of!) but that doesn't mean that I still don't have another 15 pounds to lose. After gaining about 20 pounds, I felt awful about myself and am finally serious in my attempts to lose weight and look/feel better.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have been on quite a few topics on here and on half of them I see people (mostly girls) who look healthy and flawless in their pictures, with no reason to lose weight - yet they are wanting to lose at least 50-100lb! I don't want to sound absurd but I do think a few people on here take it to the extreme!
    So....if I only showed pics of me 6 or 7years ago then I'd be taking it to the extreme with my 80lb weight loss goal? I'm sorry but a picture means nothing. People have pictures of their pets, their children, pictures showing what they used to look like and want to get back to etc. 6 years ago I weighed 140lb, today I weigh 217lbs.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Uh yeah, I agree! There's a LOT of anorexia running around on this site.....Body dismorphic disorder at it's finest!! Sad really.....

That's not really fair to say, maybe theyre just trying to stay in shape or it might be a goal picture or what they used to look like , this is supposed to be a supportive site and thats not very supportive
    How do you know what I look like? Do you have x-ray vision or something? For your information, I was making that remark in regards to MYSELF. I am a very supportive person! Again, some of the so called "people"on here just ASSUMED, I was bashing anorexia. By the way, I have body dismorphic disorder, so you can keep your comments to yourself! You're the one whi is not being supportive. Don't start bashing someone, till YOU know all of the facts!
  • zoebea33
    zoebea33 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My pic is from 7 years ago and its what i want to aim for again, keeps me motivated :)

6438870.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Uh yeah, I agree! There's a LOT of anorexia running around on this site.....Body dismorphic disorder at it's finest!! Sad really.....

That's not really fair to say, maybe theyre just trying to stay in shape or it might be a goal picture or what they used to look like , this is supposed to be a supportive site and thats not very supportive
    How do you know what I look like? Do you have x-ray vision or something? For your information, I was making that remark in regards to MYSELF. I am a very supportive person! Again, some of the so called "people"on here just ASSUMED, I was bashing anorexia. By the way, I have body dismorphic disorder, so you can keep your comments to yourself! You're the one whi is not being supportive. Don't start bashing someone, till YOU know all of the facts!

Marci, I think it was just the context it was written that seemed "unsupportive". You're right, no one knows you (or has x-ray vision). Don't be defensive.... it's okay. I think those (myself included) who responded to your post were just not wanting any negativity on the site because everyone (including those with ED, body dismorphic, etc) needs support - if you need support, they're are wonderful people on this site to lend it. So, you're in the right place. I guess it's just that it is shocking to be a part of such a great site, everyone is so supportive and then to see women "hitting below the belt" just strikes a chord....you know what I'm saying?
    :flowerforyou:
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    For the record, there is nothing wrong with a chunky butt. :bigsmile:

Listen to Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls." One of my favorites!
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I'm friends with an anorexic or two on MFP.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Im sorry but do you know my husband LOL!!!! he continues to try to pursuade me that I need to gain 10lbs and most if not all in that area. LOL!!
    For the record, there is nothing wrong with a chunky butt. :bigsmile:

Listen to Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls." One of my favorites!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    As a man, I actually have a very small frame and in some pictures can look quite slim. I carry all my weight on my belly, love handles and chest (moobs). I have just learnt to dress in a way to hide my imperfections and embarassments as much as possible.
    At the end of the day, regardless what people weigh and no matter what they want to lose, it is their life and their issue if they take things too far. They are all adults after-all.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I don't know a single person from MFP in real life...therefore I refuse to assume anything from just a picture or what they post on here...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Yes I noticed that too!! its really annoying like they know that they dont need to loose weight but just say they do to make the people (me) who really need to drop some LBs jealous...... i dont know maybe its just me who thinks that way!!!!

::slams head on desk::

It's you, darling.