any ideas for a substitute for mayo in tuna fish sandwich?!?

Options
1235»

Replies

• tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    low fat cream cheese! so good and yummy!
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use tzatziki in my tuna. It has more flavor and over all I find better for you. Don't go over board when mixing though! :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i use greek yogart (plain) with some yellow mustard, I put garlic and dill seeds in it, I used to eat it with dill pickles sliced up but this way you still get that dill taste with out all the salt. :) \

ALso you might want to try egg salad. 4 hard boiled eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and a pinch of salt. Choped up onions< two large tablespoons of plain greek yogurt, a large tablespoon yellow mustard. a tiny teaspoon if mayo. ---chop up eggs small and mix it all together and it is super yummy. Toast some whole wheat bread and add a piece of lettuce and you are set to go. This makes enough for about four sandwiches. :)
  • troythegeek
    Options
    One thing this thread has managed to do....make me want tuna fish!! I can't wait to try some of the suggestions I've read. To be honest, many of them sound gross, but I'm sure many people think adding mayo/miracle whip to tuna sounds gross too. I love trying new things and I am going to try some of these very soon.
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would use lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and eat with wheat crackers. Yummy! :wink:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i would say the easiest would be fat free miracle whip....WAY less cals!
  • rbabich1
    rbabich1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use sour cream as well! You only need a small amount, and with a little dill and onion, it is quite tasty!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hummus perhaps. Never tried it, but sounds like it could be good
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I use a tablespoon of light mayo, couple tablespoons of dijon mustard and some dill relish.
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    miricle whip LITE. its the bestttttt been eating it like that for yrs. dont even need a lot so thats a plus:)
  • Tarilynn
    Tarilynn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I mix 1 can of tuna with the juice of half a fresh lemon and add pepper. This really does taste great with fresh spinach in a pita pocket or arabic bread.:smile:
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hellmans lighter than light mayo is only less than 30cal for every tablespoon...alot better than 102 in the full fat! :)
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    hmmmmmmm, tuna. i could live on it.

its yummy with low fat mayo, extra light cream cheese, low fat creme fraiche, light salad cream, Caesar dressing, or with a bit of grated cheese in and then melted. i mostly have it in pasta though with just tomatoes.
  • jammie123
    jammie123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mix with a little EV olive oil and some cider vinegar along with some black pepper!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    id suggest either extra light mayonnaise, or maybe some balsamic vinegar and pepper, or low fat honey and mustard dressing
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I love tuna salad, it's a special treat for me. I use regular mayo and work the calories into my plan. On the other hand, sometimes I mix it up with curry and greek yogurt instead.
  • paavy
    paavy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump