Most Backhanded Compliment Ever Received?

Options

Replies

• mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    One of my aunts told me " you lost a lot of weight except in your a** & boobs....they're still huge":noway:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    A guy once told me...."Oh you look like you've lost so much weight in your face but behind you not so much" whilst glancing at my *kitten*...... I simply said thank you and waddled away :huh:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    oh yeah.... and I can't forget the ever popular (I've been told this multiple times).... "You've lost a lot of weight. Your boobs are tiny."

Thanks a**hole, I bet I still look better than you naked. :laugh:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Not weight-related, but the one that always stands out is: "I never knew you were smart!?"
    Always stands out?? More than one person has said that?? Sheesh...

Yup. It's been a constant in my life. Apparently wearing a beanie, a hooded sweater, and some baggy jeans is the equivalent of uneducated scum.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Not weight-related, but the one that always stands out is: "I never knew you were smart!?"
    Always stands out?? More than one person has said that?? Sheesh...

Yup. It's been a constant in my life. Apparently wearing a beanie, a hooded sweater, and some baggy jeans is the equivalent of uneducated scum.

I think it's hot! :blushing:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My old roommate when I had lost weight "You give me the confidence to wear tighter clothes, because we are so close in size"

Except she had 60lbs on me and was 46EE :grumble:
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    "I like bigger girls." Said to me by drunk customer one night at work. He was trying to hit on me, but failed miserably. I had put on a considerable amount of weight from bartending. :/
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Nothing steals your weight loss thunder quite like "Oh, you look BETTER. Have you lost weight?"
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This isn't a compliment but my Grandma told me once, after I had my daughter, "oh, i see you're not tryig to loose all that extra weight". I was like WHAAA!?!?
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    two comments from a friend:

- one when I showed her a pic of me in Hawaii 10 yrs ago & I told her I would love to look like that again - she said "if you think you can"
    - one when I met her on Easter & she knows I have lost some eight (ok about 13 lbs do not show in my big body) she felt compelled to say.. you are looking fresh!!!!!

Interestingly when she lost weight I TOTALLY rallied her & gave her compliments ALL THE TIME & supported her.... only NOW that I am doing this to find out she had a site she was using that she never cared to share with me... she saw me struggling with different weight loss scams! She saw me logging the other day & remarked.. "Oh I used one like that when I was losing weight!!!!!" You think it might have been nice to share that info!!!!! Gr... done with my vent!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You look wholesome.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    You look wholesome.
    You look like Laura Ingalls?
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Years ago in high school (when I was at my heaviest) my little bro (prob 7 or 8 years old at the time) was trying to tell me I was "big and strong" but what came out was "You're big and beefy!" Um... thanks. LOL
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    My husband is the master of backhanded compliments... here is one of the more recent ones.

"your *kitten* looks horrible in those pants" - pants were loose & saggy so he was complaining that he couldn't see my butt

lol i imagine my husband pulling that line out of the box - but the oddest thing he said recently was "it's almost like crawling into bed with a different person. you already FEEL smaller, even if it doesn't show in your clothes"

i love him, i do. but i'm afraid of what he'll say when i get back down to my age 15 weight. "you feel like a kid again" or something like that. . .
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    After taking off 30 pounds, at a christmas party I got told "wow, you've lost weight! You look great"..

Then the person patted my arm, smiled and added "but you've still got a long way to go"

Nice eh?

Wow.Is that person still alive or dismembered and in a forest preserve some where?
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    You look wholesome.
    You look like Laura Ingalls?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Aww you look pretty...you loss weight? Me: yep.....but I see you still have that double chin. Really?!?! thanks.

From People I havent seen since before I gained weight. " You gained alot a weight?" Me: Yea but I lost a little recently" Them: Really Where?" Well If youd seen me 20lb ago you would know Duh!
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    This was a few years ago but.. "you look great! too bad the first thing you loose weight in is your *kitten*!"

My butt has never been big, so when I'm thinner it is FLAT.. My grandma was so kind as to give me padded undies to make it look like I had some extra 'junk in my trunk'. Needless to say, those horrific things went straight to the trash!
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look better.. are you doing one of those tv diets?