Most Backhanded Compliment Ever Received?

Options

Replies

• petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Oh Oh I have another one!

When I visit Taiwan, my grandmother always says:

Lulu, how come you're not married? Is it because you're a little fat and boys don't like fatties?'
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh Oh I have another one!

When I visit Taiwan, my grandmother always says:

Lulu, how come you're not married? Is it because you're a little fat and boys don't like fatties?'

faintTHUD.gif:noway: Whaaattt?

I think Grandmothers lose their brain-mouth filter when it comes to granddaughters. th_1sm067roll.gif
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    oh my god!! that is how my family is in Taiwan !!! they want to tell you why you are not married!!!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Um- I would have said "and YOU still need to learn manners". Good lord
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I always get the thinner face thing. Then they always ask,"Did you change what you eat and workout?". Well, duh, I didn't accidentally lose 25lbs. And this is a great thread, I don't know how some of you haven't actually punched/slapped these people.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My boss:
    "Oh, you lost weight? I never thought of you as that fat in the first place."
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    "I like bigger girls." Said to me by drunk customer one night at work. He was trying to hit on me, but failed miserably. I had put on a considerable amount of weight from bartending. :/

Orrrrrrrrrrr...You are so sexy I like thick girls. I will always have an *kitten* and t*ts but is there a need to call me thick...if I never hear that word again even talking about milkshakes I will be :-)
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I hate the 'You would look amazing if you put a little make-up on"

If you mean breakouts, then sure!!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    "I like bigger girls." Said to me by drunk customer one night at work. He was trying to hit on me, but failed miserably. I had put on a considerable amount of weight from bartending. :/

Orrrrrrrrrrr...You are so sexy I like thick girls. I will always have an *kitten* and t*ts but is there a need to call me thick...if I never hear that word again even talking about milkshakes I will be :-)

Agreed! Thick makes me sick.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Oh, and when I was at my heaviest it was the ever popular 'You have a really pretty face'. In the silence that followed I could always hear the echo, 'but you have a HUGE *kitten*.'. Brilliant...

lol this. I've gotten this all throughout my life. In highschool I had a teacher say it in front of class.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hate when I talk about my weight, and losing weight with people and they go "Oh no you're fine just the way you are!" Really? 40% body fat is fine huh?
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    Options
    "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! You must be starving yourself...'

I HEAR this all the time!!! Just reading these makes me remember moments I have had to deal with like the jealous girls at work make it a point to talk past my desk at lunch and say are you eating today...(or my family...you arent starving yourself are you)....Just the other day a family friend saw me eat pizza and said you are purging are you...HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clearly if I was STARVING I wouldnt be dieting or working out! Idiots.
  • dfresh926
    dfresh926 Posts: 48
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds, and everyone keeps saying it shows in my face. Now I know, and YOU know, that my head was not 30 pounds overweight, so pick a new body part to compliment!!!!
    lmao!!!!! thank you!!!!
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    Options
    I hate when I talk about my weight, and losing weight with people and they go "Oh no you're fine just the way you are!" Really? 40% body fat is fine huh?

i feel you too girl...A mix between (curves are hott) ( I love thick girls) and (you have such a pretty face) people make you so tied between dieting and cheating and making yourself CRAZY.
  • dfresh926
    dfresh926 Posts: 48
    Options

Agreed! Thick makes me sick.
    some things are just better thick!!!
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Wow, your starting to get a normal person shape to you
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    Yesterday I had my husband take my before pictures for my 30 day shred. I looked at them and said, "Perfect, they look terrible!" He replied, "Yah they do." LOL! I kinda asked for it.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I just now had a co-worker say "you are such an inspiration for me."

This wasn't backhanded. But it made me smile. And I wanted to share. :)
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    "Keep it up! After you lose all the weight, you'll be the real woman you're suppose to be."
    OH, OK.
    :huh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Wow...your penis looks bigger now that you lost some weight! :grumble: