Weirdest thing you have ever eaten!!

Options
I'm probably going to lose some friends for this. But here it goes. this is also a reason i kept my diary private i eat weird things. Coming from a Asian background. We eat everything. i have had about every organ in pig ,cow , chicken . hearts kidney liver everything. pig tongue, pig face, pig ears, pig feet, i even had crocodile. type of turtle, frog, duck tongue,eel ,birds nest/ split. Just felt like sharing What's the weirdest or oddest thing you've ever eaten?

Replies

• ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    Rocky Mountain Oysters!! They're delicious. Where my relatives ranch is there is a bar that has them as their specialty. So wish you could find them where I am.
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Having spent quite a bit of time in Indonesia, a few weird things I've had there would be - horse satay and crispy fried shark skin, jellyfish,
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    balut.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Earwax, but it wasn't on purpose.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Balut it is for me. I could not eat the whole thing but got done with about half.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I had this dish at a Filipino party. I don't know the name of it but it was chocolate pig's blood over white rice!
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    balut.

OMG!!! Are you serious?
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    raman noodles with jar spaghetti sauce without the flavor packet... rough times.. lol
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Gator, cajun style...was actually pretty good! :smile:
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Hilarious!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    WHOA! Balut? Balut is hardcore! That totally outranks my answer: chicken knee yakitori.

ETA: to the OP - i respect not wasting parts of the animal. that said, i am TOTALLY de-sensitized to those things, since I too am Asian.
    Oh but the weirdest thing I've seen in Chinatown is Armadillo. I immediately called my Mother and asked her if she had seen that before and she said NO.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Heather75 you just crack me up! :laugh:
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    Funny story about Rocky Mountain Oysters... I worked at a fishing resort, and some guests came up to me smirking like 10 year old boys. They asked me to try one, and I asked what it was. They looked disappointed when I asked if it was anything like our "prairie oysters". Then I grabbed one and took a bite. They were pretty impressed that even after seeing through their trickery, I'd still eat one. Not very tasty, though.

I think the strangest thing I've ever eaten is cod tongues, in Newfoundland. It's just what it sounds like: fish tongues, deep-fried and breaded. Pretty darn tasty, too!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Squid...
  • ablueskier
    Options
    Shan - Gator is yummy! I have only had it Cajun style as well
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered ants and chocolate covered grasshoppers when I was in high school. We would also nibble on dog Milk Bones.
    OMG!!! Can't believe I did that....crazy huh? but I was only 14 at the time. LOL!
  • ablueskier
    Options
    Manda. - I think it's how they're prepared. The bar I like serves them deep fried and have a great batter.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I feel very boring.. I need to go eat some crazy stuff and come back. lmao
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    Frog legs
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I too have had rocky mountain oysters. I had a class is high school that castrated and then fried em right up so everyone could try it. Surprisingly, they weren't that bad!

I also was dared to eat a gummy bear that a friend found under a bench in the hallway in high school. Pretty GROSS...but what can I say? I took my dares seriously back then! Haha...