Weirdest thing you have ever eaten!!

Options

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    The strangest thing I've eaten are these tiny (whole) dried fish that my professor's brother brought back from Asia, and in the same day a flower right off a tree in his back yard- maybe a holly hock??

My dad, however, used to eat pig brains in his scrambled eggs. And pickled balogna. Eck.
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    um snails and
    roadkill pheasant....
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Oh. Almost forgot. When I was younger, I bought a bunch of flowers from a flower stall and then sat in a nearby cafe and ate all the flower heads... :blushing:
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Crispy fried pigs' tails
    Pork heart sausage
    Confitted/roasted pig's head-- I only ate the jowl.

These dishes were all from the same restaurant, very "nose to tail" cooking style.
  • celtickarasu
    Options
    I've eaten all the weird sushi stuff, squid, jellyfish, eel, ect. and love it all.

When I was 9 I really enjoyed eating dry cat-food and uncooked ramen noodles.

But the weirdest thing I ate as an adult was emu summer-sausage.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    But the weirdest thing I ate as an adult was emu summer-sausage.

that would be weird, b/c that would you make you, um, a cannibal.
    like a toucan eating fried chicken - DOH! :noway: :ohwell: :embarassed:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    When I went to Japan a restaurant served me an eye.

ok whoa. how is that no one else wants to know what kind of eye - and was it looking at you?
    fish eye, no big deal. but other kinds....tell me more!!
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    kangaroo, squid and cat food the last was a dare from my sister have to say its nicer than McDonald's
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    ok whoa. how is that no one else wants to know what kind of eye - and was it looking at you?

It was big enough to be a horse or cow's eye, but I didn't (still don't) know enough Japanese to ask politely what animal the eye came from or indeed enough to understand the answer!

It was not quite looking at me, but I rotated it until it did. It has a tough exterior and a viscous fluid in the centre. I think the hardest thing about it - other than the weirdest (but not unpleasant) taste I've experienced - was trying to manipulate the thing with chopsticks!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I ate snake, and drank snake blood when on holiday in China.

Have also eaten horse, ostrich and crocodile (all one offs apart from Ostrich!)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

It was big enough to be a horse or cow's eye, but I didn't (still don't) know enough Japanese to ask politely what animal the eye came from or indeed enough to understand the answer!

It was not quite looking at me, but I rotated it until it did. It has a tough exterior and a viscous fluid in the centre. I think the hardest thing about it - other than the weirdest (but not unpleasant) taste I've experienced - was trying to manipulate the thing with chopsticks!

*pukes*
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Banana wrapped in bacon which was cooked on a bbq

Mega tastey
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    At a party a few months ago I ate a turkey neck and people made a big spectacle of it.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I got a bee sting on my tounge one time. Does that count?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    At a party a few months ago I ate a turkey neck and people made a big spectacle of it.

My grandmother used to eat turkey necks and the striking similarity to her own neck made it horrible to watch. I'm still trying to get over it.
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    Sea urchin was probably the weirdest, the slimiest too! :tongue:
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Neither of these are weird, but a little weird together. But delicious!

Cheetoes + Hummus.

/drool
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The meat that was served for dinner in the Police Training College. As I lovingly called it (in reference to an episode of The Simpsons), "the universal meat".

No matter what it was supposed to be, it was a horrible grey colour full of fat and gristle. The sauce or the vegetables that was served with it decided what it was supposed to be. It is the only time in my life I have ever seen "beef" look exactly like "pork" and also look like "ham".

Apart from that, nothing really out of the ordinary. :ohwell:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Southern CA backyard squirrel that my uncle killed, cleaned, and cooked...I ate it not knowing what it was...it was pretty good.

Weirdest condiment: wasabi + Sriracha on sushi.

Oh...and "Red Surprise" in county... no one knows what's in it.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i dont really know about me since im so damn picky but my husband swears he ate cat.

he was working in a really shading section of the city (aka, prostitutes, crack dealers, copper stealers, etc. etc) and he was starving so he went to the chinese joint and got pork fried rice...he is pretty positive it wasnt pork...

i said "so you still ate it????!!" he said, "yeah, i was freakin' starving"

ewww.