Weirdest thing you have ever eaten!!

Options

Replies

• Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    As a country boy, I've had rabbit, squirrel, robin, deer(not weird at all), quail, bear, river turtle, & rattle snake.
  • jimjamsjet
    jimjamsjet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Human Flesh
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Human Flesh

liar liar pants on fire
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    Human Flesh

liar liar pants on fire

I'd rather that than balut...omg...sometimes it's better to not know things!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    As a country boy, I've had rabbit, squirrel, robin, deer(not weird at all), quail, bear, river turtle, & rattle snake.

I've eaten all of those with the exception of the snake and bear...and I can cook most of it!
  • cleigh86
    cleigh86 Posts: 25
    Options
    When my boyfriend and I were in France we had pig's tail...he ate it...I couldn't finish it haha.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm probably going to lose some friends for this. But here it goes. this is also a reason i kept my diary private i eat weird things. Coming from a Asian background. We eat everything. i have had about every organ in pig ,cow , chicken . hearts kidney liver everything. pig tongue, pig face, pig ears, pig feet, i even had crocodile. type of turtle, frog, duck tongue,eel ,birds nest/ split. Just felt like sharing What's the weirdest or oddest thing you've ever eaten?

I'm asian too and I grew up being made to eat all sorts of strange things. I learned its easier to just not question it. haha. Even to this day I still don't know half the things they make me eat at home :P
    Yes! Jellyfish for me, too.
    It's a Korean side dish and I didn't even know what it was until after I ate it... very squeaky and rubbery.

I love that jelly stuff!! :P

My friend recently went to Korea and ate moving octopus tentacles. Bleurgh. Its like that movie 'old boy'. I was grossed out at first but thinking about it now... I think the moving sensation in my mouth might be interesting :P I think the one thing I can't stand people eating are turtles. They're my favorite animal and becoming extinct. Why would you eat them :cry:
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have ducks for pets, so it kills me to see people eating them!! stop it! xD

Probably fried grasshopper when I was on some class camping trip in elementary school. I am just not an adventurous eater.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Monkey in the Phillipines. Cat and Dog in Southeast Asia. Goat. Gator. Horsemeat hamburgers in Fresno -- until they closed the place down. Habu in Okinawa. Have eaten almost everything that slithers, crawls or swims.

I'll try anything once.

Had some insect once that was still moving. Don't know what it was. It was dark in the little Korean Bar . It was a party to celebrate Master Im's wedding. My TKD Master.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    barbecued snake lol
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ewww I just looked up Balut. Ewwwwwwww
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Squid and it was digusting

I love squid - I cook it probably once a week/10 days!

I think the oddest thing I've ever had was some sea urchin in a sushi restaurant in LA. It wasn't unpleasant but I'm not sure I'd want it again. Oh, and sea cucumber - it was a bit like snot... definitely not an experience I'd care to repeat!

Romanesco, BTW is lovely - it's quite common in the UK.

I had to Google balut as well :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Monkey Brain............ hands down!:sick: :sick:
  • TheGoktor
    Options

Were they chilled monkey brains, served in monkey heads, Indiana Jones-style?!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options

Pretty close to it.... Except I didn't have my Fedora and whip with me at the time! Left it at the hotel! lol
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I ate cow brain/ intestine tacos in Tijuana, Mexico. Interesting texture. Also, I ate two meal worms on a dare when I was fishing with my friends. Those had a nice chunchiness, as long as you didn't let the legs touch your tongue. :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    I ate cow brain/ intestine tacos in Tijuana, Mexico. Interesting texture. Also, I ate two meal worms on a dare when I was fishing with my friends. Those had a nice chunchiness, as long as you didn't let the legs touch your tongue. :)

I think you outdid me for sure! :sick: :sick: :tongue:
  • TheGoktor
    Options

Pretty close to it.... Except I didn't have my Fedora and whip with me at the time! Left it at the hotel! lol

You missed a trick there, then!

**Sigh...Indy! :love:
  • TheGoktor
    Options

Y'know, there is not enough money - or alcohol - in the world to induce me to put worms in my mouth! :laugh:
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    When I went to Japan a restaurant served me an eye.