how to eat 6,908 calories daily?

Options
I would like to have example at how to eat 6,908 daily ? Please i alway eat half of this.

Replies

• muffintopteri
    Options
    wow. I am so confused at this question. almost 7 thousand calories? no one can eat almost 7,000 calories a day! what did you really mean?
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    who would you WANT to eat that much in one day... I'm really confused by this as well... :/
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Is this a challenge? Can I volunteer?
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    huh???
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Why? just looked at your diary, what exercise are you doing to burn over 5000 calories a day please?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Is this a challenge? Can I volunteer?

Buffet. Hahaha.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you don't. The only people who eat that many calories a day are professional athletes in their peak performance time. Michael Phelpes ate 10,000 calories a day---during Olympic training.

You probably shouldn't go over 2500 calories in a day if you are "normal". It's even less if you are trying to lose weight.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to eat almost 7,000 calories a day???

ETA: How on earth are you burning 5k calories a day?
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    whoa, how the hell can you burn 5, 000 calories in one exercise regieme? Youre my new hero, Superwoman........
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I also would like to know what exercise is making you burn 5000 caloires a day. Just looked at your exercise diary... there is no way you are burning that many calories per minute...

and exercising 8 hours a day? hu?
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Holy snap....you must exercise a lot.....
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am not a personal trainer but how are you burning 5000 calories> There is no possible way unless u live at the gym or a professional athlete.
    Please explain
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Well, I think the obvious answer is to eat twice as much.

But I'm confused as to how, and why, you're burning so many calories. There is no reason you need to burn that much, 500-700 is all you need in a day. Much more than that actually stresses your body to the point that it can go into a state similar to starvation mode where it stops burning fat because it's afraid you won't get enough food to compensate for the burn.
  • ikeinmass
    ikeinmass Posts: 17
    Options
    Well if you really wanted to eat that many calories you could do it by eating about 7 Tony's pepperoni pizzas at 900 calories each but that's only 6300 so you could probably get a milk shake from McDonalds to wash it all down.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Your calorie burns are too high, I cannot see how you can burn 18 calories per minute walking, which is what you would have to reach for the 2000+ in 120 minutes. Where are you getting these numbers from?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    who would you WANT to eat that much in one day... I'm really confused by this as well... :/
    Michael Phelps!

"The U.S. Olympic swimmer told ESPN that he eats roughly 8,000-10,000 calories a day, including "lots of pizza and pasta." In addition to stuffing down carbs, he's said that he routinely eats foods like fried egg sandwiches."

Link: http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20080813/the-olympic-diet-of-michael-phelps
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Looking at your exercise diary you claim to have done over 8 hours of exercise today. Really?

Like another said, unless you're an athlete in full on training you shouldn't be eating that many calories at all.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would like to have example at how to eat 6,908 daily ? Please i alway eat half of this.

I see that your exercise calories burned put you in this range, but seriously you don't need to eat that many calories. I've been on multi-day backpacking trips, carrying a 40lb pack, walking for 8 straight hours and have never needed (or wanted) to eat more than about 3000-3500 calories, even though MFP was telling me to eat 6800 calories.

I think your situation is one where most people would agree that it's OK not to eat back all your exercise calories!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know what form of exercise you are doing as well.

I burn close to 2200 running a half marathon.

At 5'11, 227 lbs, even with a half marathon, I only have to consume more approximately 4300 calories to hit my target.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    whoa, how the hell can you burn 5, 000 calories in one exercise regieme? Youre my new hero, Superwoman........

I burn over 2000 calories on a short (25 mile) bike ride. As the rides get longer later in the season, I burn much more. A metric century (65 miles) burns about 5,000 calories and takes about 3.5 hours. It's not impossible to burn this many calories. You just have to have a life that allows you to spend that much time on fitness. Man, I miss those days.