how to eat 6,908 calories daily?

Options

Replies

• korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Look at her diary, it will all make sense.
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    sorry i read the bad line but its Net Calories Consumed* / Day 2,050 Calories / Day i need example of what to eat a day
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think you guys might be looking into this too much? Maybe she was saying she doesn't know how anyone could eat that many calories, she can only eat half that much, and would like to know what it would even look like.

Look at her diary, it will all make sense.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I think you guys might be looking into this too much? Maybe she was saying she doesn't know how anyone could eat that many calories, she can only eat half that much, and would like to know what it would even look like.
    Ah Haaaaaaaaah!!! you may be onto something there missy!! :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 with crazy long legs and there is no way I could WALK at 5.0 mph. I'd be jogging for sure. I really think she is not understanding how to log.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    This might be a fake profile....BUT it might be real....with a real person behind it....and if I were this person, I would be halfway through a gallon of ice cream after hearing some of these responses.....she might genuinely be doing something wrong when entering her exercise/food.......and, I've been a member of MFP for months and I didn't understand what you meant when you said "troll"....I would've taken it the wrong way.....

Plus, if English is her second language....she might not read your sarcasm the right way.....
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Whether or not the exercise times are being entered incorrectly, I'd strongly recommend a good heart rate monitor to get a better calorie count. The calorie burns listed in the MFP database are usually way off for me compared to my HRM, and it can vary from too high to too low. However, I do question the accuracy of the duration of exercise and the speed of the walks. I'm in fairly good shape and can comfortably walk at 3mph. If I push myself, I can do 4mph. More than that, and I'd have to jog it. If she's heavy enough to warrant such a high calorie burn, she's probably not capable of moving that quickly for that long of a period of time.

So, to the OP, get a heart rate monitor (such as a Polar) and consult a trainer or nutritionist who can make sure that all of your data is accurate and help you with a fitness and nutrition plan.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Julie-
    U r not replying to anyones responses on here but a line. Please explain to us how u r burning 5000 calories a day? Like others have said, you should really see a nutritionist. I would hate for you to be eating that much (even half) when you shouldnt be. Please elaborate on 1) why u work out that much 2) what excercises u do 3) what way are you calculating the excercises?

Thanks
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I ll say that none of these posts are meant as attacks , You have to admit, asking how to eat 7000 calories a days is the same , to us, as asking if 300 - 400 calories a day is too much

we were surprised, thats all, but we all are trying to understand why her numbers are so high.........again, I have a Texas Instrument 3600 Economics calculator, and am always having to move the decimal point over, 3 digits...........again, operator error on my part

Julie, we mean no harm, only to help. I apologize if I have offended you..........I truly wish you sucess on your journey as I have been very lucky

I exercise 2 - 3 hours a day Julie, but I can only burn 1100 - 1400 calories, Im too old to try past that, it takes its toll on me the next day.........Try backing off of the exercise program some, and then your grocery cost will decrease as well...............Good luck, bet you have calf muscles that puts Victoria Beckam to shame..............Add me as a friend if youd like , Julie......... Lloyd
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Ok I just looked more at her diary.

I think she's more like me - a girl who has more to lose. I'm a big chick, and when I do 120mins of 3.0mph walking it has me at ~900cals as well. And I looked in my diary to see that verified, not hers.

So, what I think is going on is related to her weight and the time she is putting in working out. If she is indeed working out those times, they are legit amounts of calorie burns.

Yeah you burn more the heavier you are but if your that heavy ain't no way you walking at that pace for 4hours your legs wouldn't allow it!

I agree, but if you read my follow up post after this I ask if she's double dipping her exercise.

The calorie counts are correct, but the problem appears to be the time she's entering. I was clarifying for other people how she could be burning those amounts of calories. :) I wish I could go that long!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Looking at your exercise diary... something screams BS here.

You are essentially working out for 8 hours per day and of that 4 hours is spent walking. Most of the walking is done at a running pace of 5 mph? 5 kilometers per hour is believable... 5 Miles per hour... no. FYI - I run 13 mile half marathons at 6 Mph.

Correct. How in the world does anyone walk at 5 mph?
    This exercise diary is messed up, for sure.

Correct. I walk/jog 8kms=5miles, and I do this in an hour - So she's walking as fast as I can walk/jog in an hour?
    Something is plugged in wrong.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    sorry i read the bad line but its Net Calories Consumed* / Day 2,050 Calories / Day i need example of what to eat a day

Just check out some other peoples diary and see what type of meals they are having. With 2,000 calories there a long list of things you can eat.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I think you are way over estimating your calories burned. Are you using a HRM?
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort 8 55
    Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog 120 904
    Walking, 5.0 mph 120 2192
    Dancing, general 120 1233
    Stretching, hatha yoga 60 342
    Yoga 60 342

Are you sure you didn't double enter things by accident? Like checking out what the calories would be at such and such a pace and accidentally put it in... then tried both yogas and put them both by accident? If I had to guess, I'd say you tried a combination of walking/jogging and you were trying out to see how to enter it and ended up logging six hours of walking rather than your two hours? Did you do 120 minutes walking/jogging, 60 minutes yoga, and the housecleaning?

I burn about 1300 calories a day, but I really bust my butt to do it... so something seems amiss in your record keeping.

Good luck!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Julie,
    Quel est votre poids courant ?
    Si nous la savons les groups peut vouz aidez en plus.
    Je pense maintenant que les nombres ce que vous entrez pour calculer votre buts caloriques ne sont pas corrects.
  • jennajoehro
    jennajoehro Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My brother is a 4 time Ironman competitor and HE doesn't even work out 8 hours a day!
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    yes i read the wrong place that i suppose to eat Net Calories Consumed* / Day 2,050 Calories / Day
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    my weight is 302 lb
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Julie,
    Je pense maintenant que les nombres ce que vous entrez pour calculer votre buts caloriques ne sont pas corrects.

My thoughts exactly. :smile:
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Julie,

My thoughts exactly. :smile:

I almost said the same thing as you BflSaberfan