Totals 3,818 497 71 182
    Your Daily Goal 6,908 949 229 259
    Remaining 3,090 452 158 77
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    what do you mean when you say "troll"?

A Troll is someone who post crazy topics in forums to spike responses.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    Totals 3,818 497 71 182
    Your Daily Goal 6,908 949 229 259
    Remaining 3,090 452 158 77
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein

i don't understand me too

welll, what the hell? this didndt answer ANYTHING...
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Ok I just looked more at her diary.

I think she's more like me - a girl who has more to lose. I'm a big chick, and when I do 120mins of 3.0mph walking it has me at ~900cals as well. And I looked in my diary to see that verified, not hers.

So, what I think is going on is related to her weight and the time she is putting in working out. If she is indeed working out those times, they are legit amounts of calorie burns.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Julie, hun, your decimal point is in the wrong location on your hand held calculator........youre gonna die using that thing.........toss it, its not your friend........
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I really want to know how you burning 5000 calories a day? If this is real, that sounds obsessive.
    Please tell us how long u r working out, and why u r working out that so long??
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Looking at your exercise diary... something screams BS here.

You are essentially working out for 8 hours per day and of that 4 hours is spent walking. Most of the walking is done at a running pace of 5 mph? 5 kilometers per hour is believable... 5 Miles per hour... no. FYI - I run 13 mile half marathons at 6 Mph.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wow. Everyone's ganging up on her. Poor woman. The problem is plainly that 1) she's exercising a WHOLE LOT and 2) MFP is probably not equipped to calculate her regimen reasonably. She is confused because the math is telling her to eat a WHOLE LOT to make up for the calories MFP says she is burning.

Julie, I recommend that you seen a nutritionist to figure out a reasonable balance. As others have pointed out, you are apparently exercising the way a athlete in training would prep for a major event. If you are not trying to do this, consider this: why you are exercising? Is it because you've heard that "exercise is good" and so more must be better? Is it because you have so much time on your hands that you feel the best thing to do is use it for exercise? Have you been trying to lose weight through exercise alone?

You say you want to lose over 150 lbs. YOU CAN DO IT! And you don't *have* to knock yourself out with exercise to make it happen. The only thing necessary for weight loss is to create a calorie deficit -- eating less than you use/need/burn per day. You could lose weight by dieting alone. Exercise is good for TWO THINGS: 1) Burning calories to create the deficit, and 2) building muscles for various kinds of strength.

You sound very dedicated. I hope you reach your goals. It's possible that you are burning yourself out, working so hard day after day. You can get there with moderate exercise.

All the best!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Julie, no disrepect intended ,but are you in the Ukraine hun? For some reason, you talk like Vladmir Putin............Nehustin, shes using a calculator with a decimal point that isnt in the correct column..........I used one in college, its made for advanced economics.........I paid over 60 dollars , its a TI 3600..........You can have many 0's after a decimal point, and thats whats throwing her off......

I dont think anyone was intentionally attacking her, just an unusual post.............Lloyd
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Julie, are you double counting exercise? Like are you counting walking around while cleaning, so you have two entries instead of just the one for cleaning?
  • lkmisztela
    Options
    I am pretty sure its a fake profile. Her last name is Tremblay, did no one else see the movie "due date"?
    Its a pretty funny one if you haven't. But yeah I am pretty sure she isn't real or she's just messing around.

To be fair, Tremblay is a very common french Canadian name, and her profile does read as though English is not her first language. Also, you burn more calories doing the same activities if you are extremely obese (and higher BMR). It doesn't seem that the OP *is*, but it is a possibility. I googled BMR calculators and the BMR for a woman at 30 who is 5'3" and 500lbs is 2985 calories.

I think in all likelihood, the OP has entered something wrong? But not necessarily a troll.
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is all too funny to me! I needed a good laugh today!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? Wow....I work my butt off sometimes but there is no way close I could burn 5000+ calories a day!! Please share with us what you are doing for exercise!:)
  • fullerlj
    fullerlj Posts: 25
    Options
    I will eat my words. As long as they don't have calories. :-)

LOL!!! Love it!!! :laugh:
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have we all forgotten that whatever we put in MFP it actually happens?!?!

Say if I don't put in that cake I had it means I didn't actually have it!

Opposite goes for excersise :-D
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow. Everyone's ganging up on her. Poor woman. The problem is plainly that 1) she's exercising a WHOLE LOT and 2) MFP is probably not equipped to calculate her regimen reasonably. She is confused because the math is telling her to eat a WHOLE LOT to make up for the calories MFP says she is burning.

Julie, I recommend that you seen a nutritionist to figure out a reasonable balance. As others have pointed out, you are apparently exercising the way a athlete in training would prep for a major event. If you are not trying to do this, consider this: why you are exercising? Is it because you've heard that "exercise is good" and so more must be better? Is it because you have so much time on your hands that you feel the best thing to do is use it for exercise? Have you been trying to lose weight through exercise alone?

You say you want to lose over 150 lbs. YOU CAN DO IT! And you don't *have* to knock yourself out with exercise to make it happen. The only thing necessary for weight loss is to create a calorie deficit -- eating less than you use/need/burn per day. You could lose weight by dieting alone. Exercise is good for TWO THINGS: 1) Burning calories to create the deficit, and 2) building muscles for various kinds of strength.

You sound very dedicated. I hope you reach your goals. It's possible that you are burning yourself out, working so hard day after day. You can get there with moderate exercise.

All the best!

Agreed.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I'm calling BS on this posting. I dont think she really wants to eat 7000 cals a day. No way!! I dont buy it.:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think you guys might be looking into this too much? Maybe she was saying she doesn't know how anyone could eat that many calories, she can only eat half that much, and would like to know what it would even look like.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ok I just looked more at her diary.

I think she's more like me - a girl who has more to lose. I'm a big chick, and when I do 120mins of 3.0mph walking it has me at ~900cals as well. And I looked in my diary to see that verified, not hers.

So, what I think is going on is related to her weight and the time she is putting in working out. If she is indeed working out those times, they are legit amounts of calorie burns.

Yeah you burn more the heavier you are but if your that heavy ain't no way you walking at that pace for 4hours your legs wouldn't allow it!
  • jennajoehro
    jennajoehro Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looking at your exercise diary... something screams BS here.

You are essentially working out for 8 hours per day and of that 4 hours is spent walking. Most of the walking is done at a running pace of 5 mph? 5 kilometers per hour is believable... 5 Miles per hour... no. FYI - I run 13 mile half marathons at 6 Mph.

Correct. How in the world does anyone walk at 5 mph?
    This exercise diary is messed up, for sure.