Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    6.2 done today. :drinker:
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    1 mile yesterday. We're almost half way through the month and I would have liked to be half way to my miles goal, but I'm not, so I'm going to have to kick it up a notch!

You got this TeamLeela! You can do it!!!
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    Managed to get my baby girl to cooperate for a 3.5 mile walk around my neighborhood today!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Managed to get my baby girl to cooperate for a 3.5 mile walk around my neighborhood today!

That sounds like a lot of fun! weather looks to iffy for a walk today. plus my body needs the rest.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    1 mile yesterday. We're almost half way through the month and I would have liked to be half way to my miles goal, but I'm not, so I'm going to have to kick it up a notch!

You got this TeamLeela! You can do it!!!

Right now its all about Team Red!! Thanks for the support. You're doing great yourself!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    1.5 mile walking and 2 miles on elliptical done today. Good job everyone.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Just got back home from my business trip and updated the spreadsheet. We're over 1,600 miles already :drinker:
    The little progress I made since last Tuesday came mainly from walking around factories and airports, only today I walked a few unexpected extra miles and I'm going to tell you how.

This morning I hopped in my rental car and drove to Zurich airport. It was still early, so I decided to drive downtown just to look around, sit by the lake and enjoy. :happy: After driving aimlessly for about an hour, I was pulled aside by the police and fined 60 Swiss Francs (about 60 USD payable on the spot), for driving on a street reserved for trams :noway: I must have missed a turn somewhere and then of course I missed half of the explanations they gave me and they missed half the excuses I made, as our conversation was in german. :grumble:

I didn't have enough SFs on me and they wouldn't accept Euros, so they kept the car and sent me to the nearest bank on foot to get some more :angry: Now we hear all those stories about Switzerland being the country of banks, but all I could find was private banking offices where they only talk millions, they don't have ATMs for losers like me. It took me 45 minutes of walking briskly and merrily cursing around the center of Zurich to get enough local currency to pay the penalty, retrieve the car and hurry to the airport to catch my stupid flight. :explode:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    6 + miles walked today :smile:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    16.5 miles today. 15.5 of them biking to work and back home, and 1 mile walk with a co-worker. Ticker updated!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Just got back home from my business trip and updated the spreadsheet. We're over 1,600 miles already :drinker:
    The little progress I made since last Tuesday came mainly from walking around factories and airports, only today I walked a few unexpected extra miles and I'm going to tell you how.

This morning I hopped in my rental car and drove to Zurich airport. It was still early, so I decided to drive downtown just to look around, sit by the lake and enjoy. :happy: After driving aimlessly for about an hour, I was pulled aside by the police and fined 60 Swiss Francs (about 60 USD payable on the spot), for driving on a street reserved for trams :noway: I must have missed a turn somewhere and then of course I missed half of the explanations they gave me and they missed half the excuses I made, as our conversation was in german. :grumble:

I didn't have enough SFs on me and they wouldn't accept Euros, so they kept the car and sent me to the nearest bank on foot to get some more :angry: Now we hear all those stories about Switzerland being the country of banks, but all I could find was private banking offices where they only talk millions, they don't have ATMs for losers like me. It took me 45 minutes of walking briskly and merrily cursing around the center of Zurich to get enough local currency to pay the penalty, retrieve the car and hurry to the airport to catch my stupid flight. :explode:
    Oh Dinos!!! I would have sat down and cried right there!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    So far only 2.5 miles for today! Back is still bothering me and I am tired!
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow- rough trip, Dinos!!
    Had a frustrating night so decided to take it out on my treadmill. 12 miles worth!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    5.54 miles on the treadmill tonight...finally got to watch biggest loser...updated my ticker....

sorry you had such a hard time with the swiss dinos but at least you got some unplanned movement in right??? gotta look on the bright side LOL...glad you are home safe and sound even if you had to waste some money to get there.....
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Took two little walks today, got a total of 2.3 miles in for the day. Ticker is updated. Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    5 km (3.1 mi) run today :)
  • toots99
    Options

When you get a fine, you have to pay it right then and there?! :noway:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Verda, I wouldn't want to be seen crying in front of the swiss police lol :embarassed:
    toots, yes I had to pay right then and there, the swiss are very effective.

It gets even better. I drove to the airport without any other mishaps, returned the car (no damages) and joined the 200 people deep check-in line. 15 mins later I reach the desk, but the polite lady explains that check-in is exclusively done at the ATM type machines. They were only checking-in the luggage at the desk.:huh::angry: No point in arguing, I drag my uninformed butt back to the terminals for electronic check-in, get a boarding pass with no seat number on it, wait another 15 mins in the luggage check-in queue :mad: This time the lady says that they will give me a seat number at the boarding gate. :grumble:

OK, I go through the security check (long waiting line), make it to the gate (long waiting line), humbly ask the lady for a window seat and she tells me: 'With so many people on the flight you should be happy to get any seat at all' WHAT? WTF? :explode: :explode: That's when I started speaking french. I ended up at the very last rows of the plane, steaming. It was Friday the 13th right?

Suddenly I realized that the girl sitting next to me was either Cindy Crawford or her twin sister :love:, and she was very interested in talking to me. This really made my day. The flight was smooth, Zurich is a great city, I did my walking workout while the police was watching my car. Moral of the story: the glass is half-full. :smile:
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    dinos wrote:
    It gets even better....
    Suddenly I realized that the girl sitting next to me was either Cindy Crawford or her twin sister :love:, and she was very interested in talking to me. This really made my day. The flight was smooth, Zurich is a great city, I did my walking workout while the police was watching my car. Moral of the story: the glass is half-full. :smile:

Oh, Dinos, I'm sorry you went through all that, but it makes for a GREAT story, especially the way you tell it. I was feeling grumpy about my own little piece of bad luck this morning, but your story puts it in perspective and now I'm smiling. Thank you!

I hope that, now you're home, your luck has continued to improve. :smile:
  • toots99
    Options
    toots, yes I had to pay right then and there, the swiss are very effective.

Interesting. I don't think that would go over very well here in the States. :laugh:
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Clocked in 5.04 miles yesterday.