May Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    17.2 miles added to my ticker today.

15.2 biking to work and home + 2 walks @ 1 mile each.

Ticker updated.

Dinos, those stats are pretty cool. Thanks for keeping track of this, and thanks to those who set this challenge up. I can't help but wonder if tracking walkers, runners, and cyclists all in one challenge is too fair, though! I'm really racking up the miles on my bike, and there is no way I could be anywhere near where I am if I were just walking or running. It's only day 3 and I'm already at over 53 miles! I would be interested in seeing stats for each type of exercise. Not that I'm asking you to do that, that would be even more to keep track of, and you already do enough! And I think that the point of this is not really to be competitive against each other, but to challenge yourself, so I see why it's not being done that way. Makes perfect sense. I'm just curious, that's all!
  • mrshill1618
    mrshill1618 Posts: 14
    Options
    I would love to join! So far this month I have walked 3 miles & Im going to walk after dinner:-) My goal is 75 miles for May:-)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I sucked today and only walked my son to the bus. BOOO me and the sad 0.35 miles I get to log for the day :( Me no feel good so I am hoping tomorrow that I feel better.
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    lots of walking and time on the treadmill for 8.5 miles today.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Been gone the last couple of days & just got back. Will try to catch up on thread when I find time!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I'm determined to make 125 again this month! :drinker:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    C2 5K W2 D1 again, finished with 2 miles total.
  • mrshill1618
    mrshill1618 Posts: 14
    Options
    Walked 2 miles tonight. 5 miles down so far, 70 to meet my goal!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    4.2 on TM tonight....updated ticker..night all
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Welcome back vhuber. Nice going Bluiz and Good luck to every one on thier goals!!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Sararuth wrote:
    Dinos, those stats are pretty cool. Thanks for keeping track of this, and thanks to those who set this challenge up. I can't help but wonder if tracking walkers, runners, and cyclists all in one challenge is too fair, though! I'm really racking up the miles on my bike, and there is no way I could be anywhere near where I am if I were just walking or running. It's only day 3 and I'm already at over 53 miles! I would be interested in seeing stats for each type of exercise. Not that I'm asking you to do that, that would be even more to keep track of, and you already do enough! And I think that the point of this is not really to be competitive against each other, but to challenge yourself, so I see why it's not being done that way. Makes perfect sense. I'm just curious, that's all!

Sara, its impossible to track miles by activity for everyone. I can tell for myself that half of my miles are from cycling and the rest from running/walking, but I don't know about the others. Besides there are so many different activities measured in miles, I would have to ask for a tracking fee.

You are right, the purpose of setting goals here is to challenge yourself, we're not competing against each other. My intention is to use the thread trivia in a fun, non-competitive way, just to help keep us motivated, I'm not trying to turn this into a race. :embarassed:

And talking about stats, there are now 64 participants in the May challenge :happy:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    2.8 miles this am doing c25k w9s1...updated ticker...
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Group!

I just walked 5.8 miles. GORGEOUS DAY TODAY! Sunny, clear skies and 81 degree's

Time too go shopping

You all have a Nice Day!!!

And congratulations bluiz13 on your weight loss, I see the zig zagging is working for you! AWESOME!
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    I ran on the elliptical for 2.9 miles and walked outside for almost a mile to get the kids from school yesterday! So far I am just over 7 miles completed! My goal is 50 miles, this is my first month, but that 50 seems very far away! Next month I want to try tracking 3 different things for me. I am trying to work myself up to running outside again cause it has been a LONG time since my last run!

Next month I think I am going to have a goal to run 15 miles outside, atleast 20 miles run on my elliptical, and then do 25 miles walking for a total of 60 miles! Maybe this month I can try to get 3 2 mile runs in to see how I feel! I will also track how much I actually run on my elliptical as well!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    And talking about stats, there are now 64 participants in the May challenge :happy:

Awww Dinos...I can't stand not being in on the fun this month! :) Please add me to the challenge again too! I'm doing a lot of biking this month so I'm going to up my goal to 100 miles for May. That should be conservative enough to be achievable. :smile:
  • yazminetw
    yazminetw Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Count me in again. I am behind the curve starting 4 days late but I will up my miles to 65 for May.
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    10.8 miles biked during lunch. Hope to add some more on the treadmill tonight while catching up on my Biggest Loser :smile:
  • TrinityPixie4
    TrinityPixie4 Posts: 109
    Options
    I did a total of 10 miles since May 1st. Five miles on the 2nd and 5 on the 3rd.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I did 2.5 mi today
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Biked 6 miles at 6 a.m and the wind was sooo strong (AGAIN) that I had tostand most of the time to pedal! Also walked .5 mile.