Postnatal-May 2011

Options
Open to any ladies with babies who are working towards their goals - whether is weight loss goals, workout goals, eating goals, etc. This is a group to ask questions, get support, and keep each other accountable! Let the journey begin!

Replies

• carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awww! What a cute pic!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Happy One Month Brooklynn!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • pinktink88
    pinktink88 Posts: 29
    Options
    im new and would love to join in. :flowerforyou:
    had my LO in feb this year. went from 10 stone to 13 stone,but im currently 12stone 3.
    healthy eating and exercise is what im going to do, plus cause im breastfeeding too. gp said i can exercise.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Sheri you had mentioned Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Do you really like this? I need to get something but don't feel like the treadmill will be my friend yet with my ankle. Is there a lot of "jumping around?" :laugh:
  • jamielangner
    jamielangner Posts: 165
    Options
    HAPPY MONDAY! How is everyone doing with their weightloss? Let's start the monday weigh-ins! I'm down to 206, which is great for me because my pre-pregnancy weight was 222. My motivation keeping me going right now is to get under 200!

Let's also make MAY GOALS this month! It can be anything from eating more vegetables, to a weight number, to giving up something bad in your diet, or an exercise goal. Commit to at least one goal for the month of may so we can look back at the end of the month and see how we did!

My May goals:
    Go to the gym at least EVERY Monday & Friday after work
    Stick to the Couch-to-5K Running Plan (I registered for a 5K on July 9!)
    Limit fast food to ONCE a week

If you can't tell I'm SUPER excited to lose this weight!!!!!!!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Pink Tink -welcome, this is a great group of ladies

Bethe- 30ds will not be your friend yet, she does a whole lot of jumping. I am holding off until atleast June or July to make sure I am ready. I have been doing Leslie Sansone, it is kind of lame but you sweat and get it a good burn in 35 mins. I plan on starting Zumba for Wii once I am cleared for exercise. Start slow

Jamie- I am with you, my goal is to get to prepregnancy weight 222. This will be difficult since it is an 8 lb difference, hopefully I wont be disappointed but I have to aim high.I will work out ATLEAST 5 day a week, and eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal.

Lets do this! Ladies, what are your goals?
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I agree with Sheri, the 30 day shred does have a lot of jumping around, so Id save that for later. But once you can it is a great workout!

Same here, my first goal is to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is about 12-13 pounds away. Don't know if that's possible during May without exercising a lot, but I'll try! I'm just not sure how to get exercise in with baby yet, lol. Today is my first day alone with her and I'm finding just a few minutes to sit down :laugh: It's about time to nurse though so I'll check back in later!

I need to start logging my food again...I didn't do it the entire time pregnant :blushing:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • kait1698
    kait1698 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I am new here and i just wanted to introduce myself! A friend suggested I check out this site to help me with my weightloss. I am a new mom and wife and I have ALOT of weight to loose! I am heavier now than I have ever been and it's time to do something about it! I gained 30lbs during my pregnancy and ANOTHER 35 post pregnancy! Those last 35lbs just came out of nowhere, I got on the scale and almost fainted. Since i was already 200 pre-pregnancy these 65lbs have put me over the edge. Not only do i want to loose weight for my son so i can keep up with him in the future but I want it for myself. I have always been very self-conscience and this weight gain has really hit me hard. It was a slap in the face to see that I'd gained another 35lbs but everyone keeps telling its to be expected since I have had a baby and quit smoking in the last year. i guess I am looking for support and advise from others like me. Right now my overall goal is to get back to pre-baby weight of 200 and i want to loose atleast 10lbs this month. My ultimate goal is to get down to 175. So with that, wish me luck and I am grateful for any advise!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Welcome, kait!! We will all help each other!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Welcome Kait, those things can be very difficult. I used to be about 160 before babies and quitting smoking, my final weight before delivery was 254. I know how difficult it can be when you quit smoking, it is a lifestyle change, not just quitting the act. You have to "reprogram" yourself which is much easier said than done. It has been many years and I still get the urge from time to time. Just think of your beautiful baby and how you want to be healthy for him/her, that was a motivator for me and I know that we can lose this weight.

Do you have any goals for the month of May that you would like to work on?
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Welcome Kait, those things can be very difficult. I used to be about 160 before babies and quitting smoking, my final weight before delivery was 254. I know how difficult it can be when you quit smoking, it is a lifestyle change, not just quitting the act. You have to "reprogram" yourself which is much easier said than done. It has been many years and I still get the urge from time to time. Just think of your beautiful baby and how you want to be healthy for him/her, that was a motivator for me and I know that we can lose this weight.

Do you have any goals for the month of May that you would like to work on?

I am an ex smoker too! Nice to be rid of the bad habit. It was one year for me in April. I never smoked during my pregnancies, but I always went back to smoking after each of my kids were born.
  • kait1698
    kait1698 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I would like to loose 10 lbs this month (or more!) and I feel like that is a reasonable goal!

Not smoking has been one of the hardest things for me and I really feel like most of my weight gain is because of it. I really have to give credit to Chantix, with out it I don't think I could have quit. I still have to urge to smoke everyday even though its been almost a year. It's a nasty habit that I don't want around my son (he's 7 months) but I seem to replace the cigarettes with food.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get "jump-started" with my weight loss? or any work outs that you recommend that won't kill me since I am so out of shape? It is very encouraging to see all of your tickers with such great progress!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I would like to loose 10 lbs this month (or more!) and I feel like that is a reasonable goal!

Not smoking has been one of the hardest things for me and I really feel like most of my weight gain is because of it. I really have to give credit to Chantix, with out it I don't think I could have quit. I still have to urge to smoke everyday even though its been almost a year. It's a nasty habit that I don't want around my son (he's 7 months) but I seem to replace the cigarettes with food.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get "jump-started" with my weight loss? or any work outs that you recommend that won't kill me since I am so out of shape? It is very encouraging to see all of your tickers with such great progress!

What are you in to? Many of us just had our babies within the last month or so, mine will be 5 weeks Friday so we are not really cleared for exercise. I started with walking, I have moved on to aerobics and plan on starting zumba for wii. I figure I will wait until atleast June before started 30ds as it is much more advanced and demanding. If you track your calories it will make a huge difference though
  • mommy2isaac
    Options
    hi ladies..just wanted to share a good work out thats low impact and once you get really into your work outs you can do some extra modified things to get it to a much higher impact. im obsessed with biggest loser so i got a couple of the work out dvd's,one i just got out of my library is the biggest loser power walk,its great for starting out! its a series of work outs and each one equals a 1 mile walk. i know how it is waiting to be cleared to exercise after you have your baby and i wish i had this dvd to start out back then!!! each work out is only 16 mins and you can do just one or combine them all. i use the biggest loser and jillian michaels dvd's and this one is the most low impact starting out. i do level 1,2,3, and the cool down but i work out about an hour 5 times a week so im used to sweating my butt off lol good luck and happy weightloss ladies :happy:
  • pinktink88
    pinktink88 Posts: 29
    Options
    morning ladies,
    my challenge for the month is to lose 5lb and to go on a walk everyday with the pram.
    ive been doing zumba for the wii ( love it) and it is such a workout. also baby is helping me do situps and squats.
    anyone got 10 minute blast off belly fat dvd? i did it last night, omg i was aching !
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    morning ladies,
    my challenge for the month is to lose 5lb and to go on a walk everyday with the pram.
    ive been doing zumba for the wii ( love it) and it is such a workout. also baby is helping me do situps and squats.
    anyone got 10 minute blast off belly fat dvd? i did it last night, omg i was aching !

I don't have the 10 minute blast off belly fat dvd but sounds like something I need! How do you like it?

I am happy to be in my pre pregnancy jeans but they are a tad snug in the waist. They are stretchy and low rise so that helps :blushing:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I don't have the 10 minute blast off belly fat dvd but sounds like something I need! How do you like it?

I am happy to be in my pre pregnancy jeans but they are a tad snug in the waist. They are stretchy and low rise so that helps :blushing:

Prepregnancy jeans are an exciting accomplishment! We went shopping and I had a very tough time with tops, my boobs are too big to fit into many tops. Flowing tops make me feel bit and pregnant and I definately have more than a muffin top. I hope this gets better soon. On a positive note I peeked at the scale this morning and I FINALLY broke out of the 230s, I hope that the scale is as nice to me on Saturday when I weigh in as it was today.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group!

My newest baby (girl) will be one month old on Saturday!

My pre-pregnancy weight was 253lbs :(
    I came home from the hospital at 281lbs :(
    I now weigh 262.2lbs
    My ultimate goal is 175lbs

My May goals are these: To get out walking with the baby in either the stroller or the sling, to drink more water and to to see 255lbs on the scale by the end of the month.

Katie
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I would love to join this group!

My newest baby (girl) will be one month old on Saturday!

My pre-pregnancy weight was 253lbs :(
    I came home from the hospital at 281lbs :(
    I now weigh 262.2lbs
    My ultimate goal is 175lbs

My May goals are these: To get out walking with the baby in either the stroller or the sling, to drink more water and to to see 255lbs on the scale by the end of the month.

Katie

Welcome Katie, my yougest (girl) just turn 1 month on May 1st. You can do this, may sure to track your foods, it is real easy to go over calories without even noticing without doing so.