Postnatal-May 2011

Options

Replies

• KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group!

My newest baby (girl) will be one month old on Saturday!

My pre-pregnancy weight was 253lbs :(
    I came home from the hospital at 281lbs :(
    I now weigh 262.2lbs
    My ultimate goal is 175lbs

My May goals are these: To get out walking with the baby in either the stroller or the sling, to drink more water and to to see 255lbs on the scale by the end of the month.

Katie

Welcome Katie, my yougest (girl) just turn 1 month on May 1st. You can do this, may sure to track your foods, it is real easy to go over calories without even noticing without doing so.

I've been tracking since I brough her home, and I think I'm doing pretty well, though I certainly have my bad days! I can't wait until I get really get exercising!

Katie
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group!

My newest baby (girl) will be one month old on Saturday!

My pre-pregnancy weight was 253lbs :(
    I came home from the hospital at 281lbs :(
    I now weigh 262.2lbs
    My ultimate goal is 175lbs

My May goals are these: To get out walking with the baby in either the stroller or the sling, to drink more water and to to see 255lbs on the scale by the end of the month.

Katie

Welcome Katie, my yougest (girl) just turn 1 month on May 1st. You can do this, may sure to track your foods, it is real easy to go over calories without even noticing without doing so.

I've been tracking since I brough her home, and I think I'm doing pretty well, though I certainly have my bad days! I can't wait until I get really get exercising!

Katie

I have my appointment on Monday and I am super excited to get to really exercise. I had done walking the first few weeks and now I have started light aerobics. Just start slow and do what you can handle. I am looking forward to starting zumba and get the pounds melting. We all have bad days, just remember to get back on track.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Pregnant weight 189 lbs
    a month and a half post: 171 lbs.

I really want to join this club/post but I am still only cleared to walk alittle because my incision didnt properly close from my csection and I had to be cut back open because of fluid build-up...... But if you guys let me hang out I promise to hit it crazy hard once I'm cleared. I walk as much as my body will let me. My baby is a month and a half. :)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Pregnant weight 189 lbs
    a month and a half post: 171 lbs.

I really want to join this club/post but I am still only cleared to walk alittle because my incision didnt properly close from my csection and I had to be cut back open because of fluid build-up...... But if you guys let me hang out I promise to hit it crazy hard once I'm cleared. I walk as much as my body will let me. My baby is a month and a half. :)

Awesome! I will be right there with you! I need to find some exercise to do because I messed up my ankle. I really need to start logging my food too. Currently I am 156 and would love to get down to 135.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Welcome Scully this group is all about support, not just exercise...we are here even if you just need to vent. You will be at it soon
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yea! I'm glad to be joining you guys. I had my daughter on April 28th.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I guess I should describe myself. I'm Jillian. I think I'm already friends with some of you. If i'm not, please feel free to add me! ;)

My pregnancy weight was 182 lbs. (I am doing my weigh ins on Thursday, since I had Aubrey on Thursday.)

At one week PP I was at 156.2. =) Yea for the weight loss but boo because I still have a tummy.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 155 and I hope to go down to 135 (goal). No lie, its been several years since I've been that small. Hope I can do it with your guys' help.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, just popping in for a second...it's been a busy week!

Took Annabelle out for the first time on Wednesday - boy was that something! lol I nursed her in the car when we got there (lol) and then did some shopping. My mom was with me...no way I'm going out by myself yet! We only went to 2 stores but it took like 4 hours! :laugh: I'll get the hang of it soon:wink: But I was EXHAUSTED when we got home! Most walking I'd done in 3 weeks.... Need to start walking more, but I've noticed my back hurting a lot lately, especially after Wednesday. :grumble:

Have a great weekend!!

Sheri, I love your new picture!! What an awesome family!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Jillian- Welcome, so crazy that you are already at your prepreggo weight (such a big girl she was) my first was born at 37 weeks at 9lbs 6oz and 21.5 inches....the idea of having him any later totally freaks me out. The tummy will go away over time, it did take 9 months to stretch and your uterus needs time to go back down. Good news is that nursing helps move it along quicker.

Megan- Annabelle's photo is so adorable! Shopping is tough, I found my self a BRU pushing a stroller, while nursing a baby and shopping off a registry.....those kinds of things should count as exercise because I was sweating up a storm.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I would TOTALLY count that as exercising!!!! PLUS the extra calories nursing! :laugh:
  • pinktink88
    pinktink88 Posts: 29
    Options
    morning ladies,
    my challenge for the month is to lose 5lb and to go on a walk everyday with the pram.
    ive been doing zumba for the wii ( love it) and it is such a workout. also baby is helping me do situps and squats.
    anyone got 10 minute blast off belly fat dvd? i did it last night, omg i was aching !

I don't have the 10 minute blast off belly fat dvd but sounds like something I need! How do you like it?

I am happy to be in my pre pregnancy jeans but they are a tad snug in the waist. They are stretchy and low rise so that helps :blushing:

i love it, and the pain lol. there is 5 parts to it that are 10 minutes each. six pack, ab ripper, fast flat belly,pilaties(sp) and i cant remember the other one.
    cant wait to see some results
    xx
  • pinktink88
    pinktink88 Posts: 29
    Options
    Yea! I'm glad to be joining you guys. I had my daughter on April 28th.
    congrats hun x
  • htuzzi324
    htuzzi324 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join you ladies! I had my son April 8th. Started out at 168, 207 at birth, and down to 172 right now...but hoping to lose a lot more than that. And who knew babywearing burned so many calories!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join you ladies! I had my son April 8th. Started out at 168, 207 at birth, and down to 172 right now...but hoping to lose a lot more than that. And who knew babywearing burned so many calories!

Welcome! I had my son on the 9th of April.

Sheri, I just saw what a crazy day you had yesterday. Hope your day today was much smoother.

Hugs to you all!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    WELCOME HTUZZI, I HAD MY DAUGHTER APRIL 1ST, THIS IS A GREAT GROUP. I HAD ONLY LOST 8 LBS PP AM AT ALMOST 30 NOW

BETHE, IT WAS AN AWFUL DAY, TODAY IS A BIT BETTER BUT GETTING THINGS READY FOR MOTHERS DAY. MAKING BREAKFAST AT MIL'S HOUSE AND HAVING MY FAMILY OVER FOR A LUNCH/DINNER BBQ TOMORROW. ITS GONNA BE FUN
  • pnbmyers
    pnbmyers Posts: 2
    Options
    I would also like to join you guys in this group. My baby was born 7/20/2010 and he was my third. My problem has been even loosing any weight and I keep thinking it must have to do with the fact that I'm still bf. I went into the hospital at 160 and the day I came home I was 147. My milk came in the next day and I weighed myself and was 153. So that was in July of last year. I started working out in October (had some complications and was prohibited from doing much before then). In November I challenged myself to 100 days of fitness and only missed about 5 days in that 100 days. In February I cut back from 6 days a week to 4-5 days a week. Ladies, I have yet to loose one pound. NO JOKE. I weighed myself this morning and even with trackign food the last three weeks I haven't lost any. Most days I come in at or just under on the 1400 calories it is giving me plus working out (about 200-300 calories each time). I'm BF about 3 times a day. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open. I've tried mixing up the workouts from walking on incline on tm, elipitcal, mixing in some Biggest Loser DVD's, and walking outside. I try to shoot for 30-40 mins a day 5 days a week. I would really like to get back to my prepregancy weight of 135.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I would also like to join you guys in this group. My baby was born 7/20/2010 and he was my third. My problem has been even loosing any weight and I keep thinking it must have to do with the fact that I'm still bf. I went into the hospital at 160 and the day I came home I was 147. My milk came in the next day and I weighed myself and was 153. So that was in July of last year. I started working out in October (had some complications and was prohibited from doing much before then). In November I challenged myself to 100 days of fitness and only missed about 5 days in that 100 days. In February I cut back from 6 days a week to 4-5 days a week. Ladies, I have yet to loose one pound. NO JOKE. I weighed myself this morning and even with trackign food the last three weeks I haven't lost any. Most days I come in at or just under on the 1400 calories it is giving me plus working out (about 200-300 calories each time). I'm BF about 3 times a day. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open. I've tried mixing up the workouts from walking on incline on tm, elipitcal, mixing in some Biggest Loser DVD's, and walking outside. I try to shoot for 30-40 mins a day 5 days a week. I would really like to get back to my prepregancy weight of 135.

CAN YOU MAKE YOUR FOOD DIARY OPEN TO FRIENDS? I LIKE TO SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE EATING, YOU NEVER KNOW SOMETIMES YOU GET SUGGESTIONS, LOL! ARE YOU TRACKING SODIUM AND WATER INTAKE? ARE YOU TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION YOUR BF CALORIES? MY WEIGHTLOSS DWINDLED DOWN SO I CHANGED MY WORK OUT AND CALORIE INTAKE, I ALSO EAT AT A ZIGZAG TO KEEP MY BODY GUESSING AND BURNING.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Wish I could be of some help. I just had my fourth child and I have never been able to lose weight while BF. I won't even try this time around because I will get frustrated. I will exercise when able but I have realized I store fat like a chipmunk stores nuts when I BF. :)
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Welcome, everyone!!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Happy mothers day mamas!