Postnatal-May 2011

Options

Replies

• AmandaD513
    AmandaD513 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Welcome, in your food log you can put your breastfeeding there. They have many options ranging from 300-500 calories. If baby is consuming solids I would go with the 300. You will eat those calories through your food log and be fine. I have not had any problems with my milk and counted calories through most of my pregnancy and have not skipped a day after delivery."

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! I guess I'll just jump in here, thanks for welcoming me. Looking forward to getting to know you all! :)
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Katrina - My mom will watch her (she's out of town but will still come to stay with her), and I could possibly take her with me, but I doubt i could get anything done. I suppose since I have to go I might as well work when I'm there...I really need to pack up my room. I could have my mom go with me to work, lol so that she can play/watch the baby while I'm working and I could still feed her....

The superintendent wants me to call the doctor to see if I can be released to work for those days, but I don't want to bc I dont want her to release me now, bc that might mean my leave pay would stop...and I'm not going back to work except for those 2 days. My appointment is on Friday the 20th, I think I am just going to wait until then.

Welcome, Amanda! I'm exclusively breastfeeding, but haven't started back logging my food...I should really start that...:blushing:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Katrina - My mom will watch her (she's out of town but will still come to stay with her), and I could possibly take her with me, but I doubt i could get anything done. I suppose since I have to go I might as well work when I'm there...I really need to pack up my room. I could have my mom go with me to work, lol so that she can play/watch the baby while I'm working and I could still feed her....

The superintendent wants me to call the doctor to see if I can be released to work for those days, but I don't want to bc I dont want her to release me now, bc that might mean my leave pay would stop...and I'm not going back to work except for those 2 days. My appointment is on Friday the 20th, I think I am just going to wait until then.

Welcome, Amanda! I'm exclusively breastfeeding, but haven't started back logging my food...I should really start that...:blushing:

If caught you can be forced to pay back leave pay. Use caution Julie from preggo thread seems to know more of the ins and outs so maybe ask her?

Another growth spurt :yawn: I have nursed 9 times since 7:30 last night..... it is only 9:30am here ! No sleep for mommy
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Annabelle seems to be eating a lot today, too!

I don't plan on trying to work the system, hehe...I just meant I didn't want to call today and have her release me now, which means I'd need to go back to work next week. I will go to my appointment on the 20th (next Friday), then if she releases me then that's fine. Technically it shouldn't do anything to my leave pay because these are make up days, and I'm not gaining any extra income, I'm having to go in so that I don't LOSE income....ugh, so aggravating.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I guess you just have to weigh the cost/risk. If the doctor released you I would make sure she understood how very specific it needed to be. That you could only work those 2 days in a limited capacity or something.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Megan, hope it all works out for you. I am sure it will, but in the mean time it weighs heavy on your mind. I, too, would wait until your set appointment (mine is the same day :smile: ). And I agree with Katrina.

Sheri, hopefully Brooklyn has slowed down a bit for you to give mommy a break today :wink:

Last night was another good night for us. Not as great as the night before but definitely good. We put him to bed at 9:12 pm and he woke up at 1:58 am and nursed on one side and was back in bed by 2:18 am. He woke up again at 4:15 am and I nursed on the other side (I was up with him for an hour this time) and he slept until 8:00 am.

Boy is my "little guy" growing too. He weighed 8lbs 9ozs when born and at his one week checkup he was 8lbs 13ozs. And at one month he is 10lbs 13ozs. He gained 2lbs in 3 weeks! Is that possible? :laugh:
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Megan, hope it all works out for you. I am sure it will, but in the mean time it weighs heavy on your mind. I, too, would wait until your set appointment (mine is the same day :smile: ). And I agree with Katrina.

Sheri, hopefully Brooklyn has slowed down a bit for you to give mommy a break today :wink:

Last night was another good night for us. Not as great as the night before but definitely good. We put him to bed at 9:12 pm and he woke up at 1:58 am and nursed on one side and was back in bed by 2:18 am. He woke up again at 4:15 am and I nursed on the other side (I was up with him for an hour this time) and he slept until 8:00 am.

Boy is my "little guy" growing too. He weighed 8lbs 9ozs when born and at his one week checkup he was 8lbs 13ozs. And at one month he is 10lbs 13ozs. He gained 2lbs in 3 weeks! Is that possible? :laugh:

So glad he's growing well!! Annabelle was born at 8lbs 5 oz, then at 2 weeks was 9 lbs 13 oz! We don't go back until 2 months...but I'm going to weigh her on Saturday (1 month) to see what our scale says :smile:

Do you nurse him and then put him down? We try to do this and nurse her around 9-9:30 and tyr to put her down but she's so fussy and won't ever fall asleep until 11:30 or later. I think she's just so worked up from being fussy but won't go to sleep unless on us...then when we put her down she wakes up and we go through it all over again. :yawn:
  • CHEVYLOVER
    CHEVYLOVER Posts: 15
    Options
    New here. My baby girl just turned 4 months on the 10th, I EBF and am looking to get my body back into gear. Sorry Im short with words. Im a very busy mom of 3 and Im always on the go, so I keep everything short and simple.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    New here. My baby girl just turned 4 months on the 10th, I EBF and am looking to get my body back into gear. Sorry Im short with words. Im a very busy mom of 3 and Im always on the go, so I keep everything short and simple.

Also 28 just had baby #3 my only girl... I EBF as well, welcome
  • dragonfly74
    Options

So glad he's growing well!! Annabelle was born at 8lbs 5 oz, then at 2 weeks was 9 lbs 13 oz! We don't go back until 2 months...but I'm going to weigh her on Saturday (1 month) to see what our scale says :smile:

Do you nurse him and then put him down? We try to do this and nurse her around 9-9:30 and tyr to put her down but she's so fussy and won't ever fall asleep until 11:30 or later. I think she's just so worked up from being fussy but won't go to sleep unless on us...then when we put her down she wakes up and we go through it all over again. :yawn:

Sounds like Annabelle is doing great as well! I only breastfeed or feed him breastmilk by bottle during the day. But right before bed he gets "offered" formula in a bottle. I say that because sometimes he doesn't want it. Tonight he just took 1 oz of it and I just put him in bed 10 minutes ago. He was out hard and this has been his "normal" bedtime all week, so I hope I have until at least 2 am again. Fingers crossed!
  • jamielangner
    jamielangner Posts: 165
    Options
    <
    A little frustrated today!:explode: Nothing to do with baby..she's wonderful, as usual :smile:
    I talked to the superintendent of the school I work for and in order to be paid for 2 of the snow days we had earlier in the year I have to get cleared to go back to work early and work for two days (I'm a teacher, and I have to go back on the post planning days before summer break). Somehow this doesn't seem right to me..?? I guess because they weren't made up before I went out on maternity leave, I either make arrangements to work or either don't get paid for those days. It just stinks because now I have to pump and start giving her a bottle so she can eat those two days!:sad: We were not planning on giving her a bottle for a while since I don't have to go back to work until August (well, thought so!) And for only TWO days! UGH! I guess I could always opt to not get paid and stay home, but we are already losing income due to maternity leave anyway and to lose that much more would be really tough. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I can't imagine leaving her for those two days :laugh: ...makes me sad:sad: Sheri, do you go back next week??

So...NOW...when do I pump? She is nursing about every 3 hours, so when should I pump...in between those times, before, after? What do yall suggest?
    I'm so sorry about the situation you have been put in! I know how you feel, I'm only bad to work twice a week since I work from home the other days and I still hate leaving her those 2 days. I would suggest pumping just before she eats because she will always be able to get out more than the pump & she will always be able to get what she needs, even if she eats for a very long time. The first day you pump, I would only pump about 1 ounce before each feeding & you can go up from there depending on how you feel. That's how I got my milk supply up to pump since I have to do that for work. Most women produce the most in the morning so you could probably get more milk earlier & I wouldn't suggest pumping at all in the late afternoon / early night since that's when supply is at the lowest. HTH!

P.S. Stalking comments are AWESOME!
    Is this a closed group? I'd love to join! I delivered my baby boy on December 16th and have since lost 38lbs. Although, I didn't gain that much. I had lost weight before I got pregnant and I am maintaining that, but I am flabby, need to get back in shape and want to lose more. However, I have a hard time knowing what is safe to do in terms of working out and how much to eat because I'm breastfeeding. My baby has recently started some solids sometimes once a day.
    Welcome, the more the merrier! Most of us are breastfeeding & going through the same things so we are all here to support each other!
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding, but haven't started back logging my food...I should really start that...:blushing:
    Get on that ASAP!
    Welcome, can't wait to get to know you!
    Another growth spurt :yawn: I have nursed 9 times since 7:30 last night..... it is only 9:30am here ! No sleep for mommy
    I hope she has slowed down!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Ethen was 7lb 14oz when he went to the doc a few days later he was barely 7lbs and then at his two weeks check up he was almost 9lbs lol
  • jamielangner
    jamielangner Posts: 165
    Options
    I need to vent! I was doing AWESOME, at least I thought I was, but I guess I was over-doing it. I am physically & mentally exhausted. I'm physically exhausted because I'm not getting enough sleep and I'm not able to eat right (dinner time is so hectic every night that I basically just eat whatever leftovers my daughter hasn't already eaten) and I have an underactive thyroid that acts up while I'm breastfeeding so my levels are not right. I'm mentally exhausted because not only do I have to keep up with a full time job, but I also have to worry about cooking, cleaning, shopping & taking care of every need for my children down making sure their nails are cut and they have socks that fit. There are just so many needs for the kids that my needs are getting buried lower and lower. I actually think mentally is worse than physically! I never could have imagined that it would be this exhausting. I need to find a balance in my life and I just can't seem to get there. Right now I'm lucky enough to have a maternity schedule that I can work from home 3 days a week and only go in the office 2 days a week. This schedule ends on July 6 and I can't imagine how much more hectic my life will get. I'm feeling pressured to come up with some kind of balance for the sake of my sanity. I have not had a moment to myself since Hayley was born. I have not been able to relax at all. The only time I get by myself are the 2 days I go actually go into work & that really is not a break with how hectic work has been. Those 2 days fly by and are consumed by not only work, but paying bills, and anything else I need to take care of. Part of me just wants to give up on the breastfeeding so that I can take the girls to my parent's house and leave them for just a little while, but the other part of me hates myself for wanting to do that. I know it's not even the breastfeeding, it's just the fact that I'm "on" 24/7 and never get a mental break. Maybe it's stupid to complain because I know that a mom's job is 24/7 but I just feel like I want ONE afternoon to either nap, or take a nice bubble bath.. something! My entire life has been me taking on more than I should have and I feel like I've been going non-stop for so long that I'm just burned out. I want to enjoy my children and all those little moments that my daughter does these absolutely adorable things. I don't want to be too drained to notice them :(
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    I need to vent! I was doing AWESOME, at least I thought I was, but I guess I was over-doing it. I am physically & mentally exhausted. I'm physically exhausted because I'm not getting enough sleep and I'm not able to eat right (dinner time is so hectic every night that I basically just eat whatever leftovers my daughter hasn't already eaten) and I have an underactive thyroid that acts up while I'm breastfeeding so my levels are not right. I'm mentally exhausted because not only do I have to keep up with a full time job, but I also have to worry about cooking, cleaning, shopping & taking care of every need for my children down making sure their nails are cut and they have socks that fit. There are just so many needs for the kids that my needs are getting buried lower and lower. I actually think mentally is worse than physically! I never could have imagined that it would be this exhausting. I need to find a balance in my life and I just can't seem to get there. Right now I'm lucky enough to have a maternity schedule that I can work from home 3 days a week and only go in the office 2 days a week. This schedule ends on July 6 and I can't imagine how much more hectic my life will get. I'm feeling pressured to come up with some kind of balance for the sake of my sanity. I have not had a moment to myself since Hayley was born. I have not been able to relax at all. The only time I get by myself are the 2 days I go actually go into work & that really is not a break with how hectic work has been. Those 2 days fly by and are consumed by not only work, but paying bills, and anything else I need to take care of. Part of me just wants to give up on the breastfeeding so that I can take the girls to my parent's house and leave them for just a little while, but the other part of me hates myself for wanting to do that. I know it's not even the breastfeeding, it's just the fact that I'm "on" 24/7 and never get a mental break. Maybe it's stupid to complain because I know that a mom's job is 24/7 but I just feel like I want ONE afternoon to either nap, or take a nice bubble bath.. something! My entire life has been me taking on more than I should have and I feel like I've been going non-stop for so long that I'm just burned out. I want to enjoy my children and all those little moments that my daughter does these absolutely adorable things. I don't want to be too drained to notice them :(

So sorry to hear you are having a difficult time. You have every right to feel this way. When I was reading your post all I kept thinking was ~ I wish I could help give her a day off :flowerforyou:
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @ Jamie - *hugs* I know how you're feeling. I was working F/T in a day care to get my last placement completed so I could graduate. Granted it was only for 6 weeks and I didn't have a new born, but I had a 4 y/o and a 1y/o, taking care of house, bills, children, and reports, lesson plans/activities to prep for the next day. Dh helped but let me tell you, my house went to *kitten*. (pardon the curse) I'm fortunate enough to be able to stay at home now. DH doesn't make a lot, so we go without, but some how my kids are always healthy, fed, clothed and have WAY too much toys. we have 2 vehicles, a cell phone, go out to dinner, own our house. I run a home day care to help a little. I don't have TONS of kids, I just have 1 right now, but I only want 2 b/c I have 2 of my own. it's extra money but it's not so tiring.

Something has to give. Make sure it's *NOT* you. You have to take care of you so that you can take care of your family. can you pump a little BM here and there and freeze it so you can let your parents watch your children for an afternoon? even just the older kids, so you just have baby to take care of? *hugs* I hope you find some relief to you stress soon.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Jamie, I couldn't even imagine. You are super strong, I have hubby here and have had many breakdowns just from feeling overwhelmed. Are you able to go to your parents for a weekend? Maybe you can be there with the kids so you can nurse Hayley but take a mental vacation as well. I wish I could help you out, I can be your ear "hugs"
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    hey mama's. 28 weeks today! I will be joining you soon. Hope you are all doing well.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Jamie - I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! You're definitely a better woman than I am! I agree with what others have said - do whatever you can in order to make just a little bit of time for yourself. A happy mommy makes happy babies! :smile: I salute you for doing everything you can for your girls! You're doing awesome, but you know you can't neglect yourself either. Easier said that done, I'm sure. I've realized jsut after a few weeks of doing this myself during the day that I'm going to need DH to take over at night to give my self just a little bit of me time. His job ends at 4...mine is 24/7! And so is yours. You can do this! We are here for you to give you encouragement - wish it could be more!

Ok so last night was another night of FUSSY FUSSY FUSSY! She's fine ALL day and then when it starts getting bed times it's like she knows! We walk her, rock her, lay with her, put her by herself, nothing works. just cry cry cry until finally she'll fall asleep, 2 or 3 hours after we attempt it the first time. During the day we can lay her down in her bed and she will go to sleep just fine, but not at night. Any other fussy night babies out there? I know she's not hungry because I will have just nursed her. By the time she's finally falling asleep its time to eat again, lol.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Ok so last night was another night of FUSSY FUSSY FUSSY! She's fine ALL day and then when it starts getting bed times it's like she knows! We walk her, rock her, lay with her, put her by herself, nothing works. just cry cry cry until finally she'll fall asleep, 2 or 3 hours after we attempt it the first time. During the day we can lay her down in her bed and she will go to sleep just fine, but not at night. Any other fussy night babies out there? I know she's not hungry because I will have just nursed her. By the time she's finally falling asleep its time to eat again, lol.

Lil miss has been awful at bedtime and even during the day the last couple of days. Hubby has been sick all week, I am now so I wonder if she is not feeling well. I hope to get some relief before work Monday :cry:
  • mwilson1018
    Options

Lil miss has been awful at bedtime and even during the day the last couple of days. Hubby has been sick all week, I am now so I wonder if she is not feeling well. I hope to get some relief before work Monday :cry:

Oh no! I hope you all start to feel better!! I know it will stink to have to leave everyone and be sick!! Will be praying for you all! :flowerforyou: