Replies

• peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    breastfeeding what is the cal burned?
  • lmarcia
    lmarcia Posts: 27
    Options
    You burn between 300-500 calories a day Exclusively Breast-feeding. Especially with a newborn who is always eating and your body is always creating more milk. I always use a lower calorie burn just because I don't believe every woman was created the same.

I just started counting calories this week and adding a bit of exercise (4 days a week - Jillian Michael's 30-day shred @ 2.5 months postpartum) and I lost 2 pounds this week. I also walk our dogs everyday for a 20 minute walk. Until now, I was at a standstill with calories.

I also drink an awesome protein shake that I'd recommend for breakfast or lunch. It's made with oats and whey (oatmeal enhances milk production!) It's all natural (no fake sugars and stimulants) and is healthy for your baby.

Optimum 100% Natural Oat and Whey (Milk Chocolate)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DYJ0K2/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marcia01-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399353&creativeASIN=B002DYJ0K2

All that said, a little exercise and healthy eating and you'll start dropping that weight immediately!
  • peanutrenee
    Options
    At a loss my LO was up for 3 hours screaming lastnight. she was not hungry and didnt need a diaper change. im thinking colic... not sure... have my doc apt for her tomarrow. what can i do to make my little one comfy for now.
  • peanutrenee
    Options
    well shes having latching issues on one side its soo odd. i have to bottle feed for a second or two then shell latch on to the other side.. not sure.. today is a better day.. 8 days old.. not fussy today.. well some but i think that her tummy was upset.. it made me sad to see her that way.. but 13 lb down and i have alot to go 23 lb to be correct.. lol and im going on my first run in a few mo.. its gonna be a sad sight.. but heres me now

8daysafteralison.jpg
  • lmarcia
    lmarcia Posts: 27
    Options
    Gripe water does wonders. Its a homepathic remedy and my little guy had a ton of gas. It helped him relieve his burps or pass gas easier and it also helps with hiccups. Also, try cutting back on Dairy intake. This helped as well with my LO.

Here is a link for the water. Amazon has free shipping for amazon Mom's

http://www.amazon.com/Gripe-Water-Colic-Organic-Ounces/dp/B000GCHOEW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1306790815&sr=8-3
  • peanutrenee
    Options
    Gripe water does wonders. Its a homepathic remedy and my little guy had a ton of gas. It helped him relieve his burps or pass gas easier and it also helps with hiccups. Also, try cutting back on Dairy intake. This helped as well with my LO.

Here is a link for the water. Amazon has free shipping for amazon Mom's

http://www.amazon.com/Gripe-Water-Colic-Organic-Ounces/dp/B000GCHOEW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1306790815&sr=8-3
    I went out and got it lastnight i was afraid cause she was a week old and the thing calls for 1/2 tea. i gave her 1/8 lol in her bottle she settled right down
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, it is the final day of the month and the only goal I made was my weight goal. May's goal was an 8lb loss to reach 222 and I am currently at 220.8

I have mostly made my exercise challenge, only missed a couple of work outs but my fruit or veggie at each meal was a no go. I will have to try to make sure I get atleast 2-3 servings a day.

My goal for June is to lose another 8 lbs and reach 212, I am doing c25k so hopefully that will help make it a reality!

What are your June goals?

Also who is for an exercise challenge? 30 minutes a day 5 days a week
  • peanutrenee
    Options
    june goal.. to get down to 130 lb. thats a loss of 10 lb and will be half my total goal.. with that i want to work out 5-6 days a week. weather it be walking or running atleast 30-60 min of constant movement.
  • Chickman788
    Options
    Hi ladies... Had my baby in April... Haven't shed any weight since his birth... Exclusively breastfeeding... Any suggestions on how to start...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi hun. This is a REALLY old thread (from my first baby in 2011). But I also just had another baby in April and finally got back on track today. I am also exclusively breastfeeding. I have the hardest time losing weight while nursing because 1) I'm HUNGRY and 2) the hormones seem to make my body hoard fat somehow. Track calories, but make sure you log negative 400-500 calories for breastfeeding. You want to be sure to eat enough calories as well as a healthy and varied diet (ie, not 400 calories of Oreos just because you are breastfeeding). :wink: