Fit For Future Families - May 2011

Options

Replies

• kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Okay--I'm going to go attempt to get some wedding pics on here. If they don't show up soon, assume I drowned in IMG files.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Carina- He will only be with us for about 6 weeks. I know soooooo short! He might come back to us after his break, it will depend on if we get a summer student placement and how long that student is staying. We told the program we only want one student at a time. We have two spare rooms but like having a "guest room" for when family comes to see us from Hawaii. By the way, is that a new hair cut, very cute!
    cool.. i understand wanting to keep a room for guests. I wish I had a spare room too.. my kids rooms are TI-NY!

Thanks! it's not a new hair cut. I've had short hair for about a year now, but it's the first time I've taken the time to be in front of the lens and take a flattering pic. most pic's are taken by me, and when they aren't, this is what happens.

Dog birthday party for a friend's son
    5741098130_1d2b66564b.jpg

Don't you love my clutter and never going to be finished construction?
    5740543743_2de0b8c8e2.jpg
  • kah78
    Options
    Okay all....FINALLY. Oct 16, 2004. Rainy....so no outside pics, but really, I could have cared less at the time. Haha. I couldn't find many of the professional pics, so I just grabbed some of the ones I had stashed on a computer locally. Mostly taken by friends. I wish someone had told me my bangs started to slip. Oh well.... Oh, the pic with my shoes...the photographer didn't believe I wore red shoes for my wedding, so I had to show em. Haha.

Incidentally, I am about 5 lbs away from my wedding weight. After a kid it's all distributed a little differently, but still, not too shabby, now that I think about it....

Karen

69i79w.jpg

5cc1t5.jpg

1693ztz.jpg

2njfrly.jpg

2vhufqs.jpg

a9uxyo.jpg

rw8myv.jpg
  • MrsHinds7
    MrsHinds7 Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback :) I know it's mostly a chemo side effect because when he was tested after chemo, his testosterone was VERY low. But I figured I'd ask to see if I could rule out other options. I guess we'll have to have him retested. The whole process is so complicated though. They don't want to put him on medicine to help the hormones regulate again because they can kill sperm count and since his body decided not to make sperm anymore after chemo, they wanted to wait and see if the sperm production comes back on his own. So I guess in August (a year after the original tests) we'll test again to see if anything has changed in both areas. Thanks again for the feedback. There is a great support group where he receives chemo but there are no other young couples to exchange experiences with and because the survival rates are so low, doctors really don't have a lot of answers regarding common side effects.

P.S. I'm really enjoying all the wedding pictures!! Everyone looks so beautiful!!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Ok so I haven't had time to catch up on everyones posts but I wanted to post. I love all the wedding pictures- it makes me smile to se all of us so happy and in love with our husbands, not to mention our personalities are so clear on our wedding days with style and location chooses :o)

Jalara thank for the info. Actually at this point I just am putting the temps on my wall calender in the kitchen (i know weird place but no one really looks at it except me.) I just figure it is one more bit of information I having been using yet. I have always been a cervical location and mucus checker :laugh:

Mrs.Hinds- At this point we don't know the specific reason for the infertility but we are getting closer with some possible causes like the DH diabetes. I do totally relate to the very low drive. We are lucky to try 3 times a month, ussually is it only once. Again, can you say probably why the problems! VERY FRUSTRATING! I can totally realate- I love being intimate with him in that way and he does too, but he just isn't able to BD as often as I wish we could :o(

AFM: Well AF showed up yesterday. Two days early just like last month on CD 26 which might explain the whacky temps. Yesterday was an all around HORRIBLE DAY! So first of all AF showed up, then I had my "I'm very disappointed with you," talk to my 7th graders, the dessert I made for the Friday Lunch potluck feel all over the floor in the teacher's lounge when the someone opened the freezer so they threw it out including the foil pan (which I always save so I don't have to buy a new one), I had the worst cramps that I've had in over a year and had to result in taking Midal 2 times and spent the whole night in bed, and to top it all off my husband gave the five remaining frozen chocolate pudding peanut butter cups to the LDS missionaries that came to visit last night so I have no one to ask how the dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
    I'm happy it is a new day!
    ALSO- My best friend told me she was pregnant Thursday night. I'm soooooooooo happy for them. They have been trying a month. Yup, a month, I am so happy for them- they will be the best parents and understand how lucky they are to get pregnant so quickly. She started crying when she told me just feeling bad for me and knowing how badly I want to be pregnant. I happy that I didn't cry, I'm just so thrilled for them. I was very disappointing to get my period on Friday because there was a small chance I was pregnant too until Friday morning when that was dashed. :cry: But, it is a new day and time to refocus on all my blessings and giving thanks!
  • kah78
    Options
    Good evening ladies. I have been a busy bee today! It was an awesome day though. We were supposed to go to this town festival, but we just decided that we needed a day at home, just the three of us given our past hectic week and weekends. It was the best decision ever. We got the lawn mowed, I got a great workout in, we took trash to the dump, made cookies, took naps, ate dinner outside on the patio...it has just been a very productive yet relaxing day. Ahhhhh....

On the Baby front, AF showed up today. Or at least I think she did. I got "flow", and then it stopped. Now it's like it didn't even happen. I"m not taking any chances though--I called our RE and the radiologist to schedule the HSG, since they were a pain last month. I'll talk to the nurse on Monday and see what she says and what she thinks about what I should call "day one". Maybe it'll come back tomorrow. Weird.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all!!! LOL That's my Texan :)

What a week - I'm just going to snuggle in, watch a movie. I'll be honest, I'm going to try and catch up, but I'm thinking it might be too much to handle ;) You ladies sure were chatty :)

I'm nervous to see the scale in the morning :noway: I ate HORRIBLY while I was away......I hated everything healthy I ate so gravitated towards junk....today I actually ate three meals...going to log them now, but I was in NY for sister's grad. I think they should make it a law that hotels have thicker walls. The folks BDing in the next room sure sounded like they were in our room.....:grumble: At one point I asked DH why they were clapping......they weren't :sick:

Chat in the morning lovelies - definitely need to check out the new photos!!!
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Pam- WELCOME HOME!

Wow we were quite today! I just thought I'd break the one day dry spell :wink:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Thanks Luki :)

Just got home from fireworks.....LOL I started filling my food diary in and thought I was going to have to eat a snack.....I forgot how all the little things add up....especially the junk....just goes to show that you need to log if you feel out of control (I only had 2 meals today and snacked on junk the rest of the day - cookies, ice cream and popsicles were my foods of choice).....
  • KatyRing
    KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    GAH! I lost 2lbs as of this morning, but ate like crap all day long. whhhyyyyyyy.....

Goal for this week :

I am about .40 away from having my BMI under 40.. I really want it to be under 40 1 week from today. and yes thats POINT 4 away..

I am going to try to work out in some way everyday until sunday. monday and thursday will be wii fit, tuesday,wed, friday will either be gym, 3 miles walk, or 6 miles bike ride. saturday will probably be wii fit... I dont think it is unreasonable. I'm talking 30-60min each day.

I also want to follow my food plan every single day .. Going to be hard since there are a lot of parties with it being the last week fo school, but i really want that BMI under 40..
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response, jalara! I will keep doing what I'm doing until I see two lines, then.
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Pam- I know it is surprising how all the little stuff adds up and there are days you feel like you did so horrible and then put it in and find out you have to eat more. Shows the importance of logging everyday!

Well I'm down .5 but you won't see it until it is a full pound. I only logged it for the HP challenge. My goal this week is to go to the gym everyday with 4 of the days being an hour and the other days at least being 30 minutes. I have my post body age test on Thursday morning. I had the pre-test in September and I was 32, my goals is to be my actaul age which is 28. I hope I did it- the ley component is gewtting my body mass index to be less fat and more muscle, I hope lossing all this weight has helped!
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!! And Happy Victoria Day to all our Canadian friends on here. One of my business partner companies and a key client are both in Toronto, so I'm expecting a nice quiet day for that part of my team since everyone up there is off! Hope the weather is nice and y'all can really enjoy the holiday!

Continuing to enjoy the wedding pics from everyone! Karen, I love, love, love your shoes!

Ashley, good luck at your appt today! Fingers Crossed!!

Katy, thinking positive thoughts for you. You will make your goal this week!!

AFM, it's weigh in day.

SW: 211 (March 2011)

Calendar week 19: 193.6
    Calendar week 20: 189.8 (-3.8)
    Calendar week 21: 189.2 (-0.6)

I officially dislike my digital scale. I have to weigh myself at least 6 times in a row until I get a consistent number (I record when I see the same weight 3 times). It jumps all over the place, very annoying. This morning, I got weights ranging from 187 to 195 before it finally settled down to a number. It has these sensors in it that are also supposed to help measure other things, like bmi, etc., so I think that might be tripping it up. I might splurge on an analog one later.

My mini-goal for this week is to try to keep my blood sugar levels consistent throughout the day so my body doesn't think it needs to go into hoarding mode.
  • kah78
    Options
    Hi ladies. So, the HSG saga continues. Long long long story short, I miss the HSG this month because days 8-10 of my cycle are the three days of Memorial Day weekend when the radiology lab is closed. GAHHHH!!!! (I found one place that would try to squeeze me in on Friday, but that's iffy, because I may not be done with my bleeding then.) I'm not sure who I was more upset with: my cycle, the lab, or the holiday!! Then I realized that during the next cycle--the supposed treatment cycle--the week that we would probably be doing the IUI is the one week that my husband is OUT OF TOWN on a business trip!!! That won't work! It's like a perfect storm--I can't get my ducks in a row to save my life (or to make a life, for that matter!) If I really thought the universe worked that way, I would think it was trying to tell me something. But I don't.

Sigh. So, I've calmed down since this morning. I made the decision to just wait till next month to do the HSG, rather than worry and stress over trying to squeeze in the HSG for the next 5 days and then worrying about my husband's trip timing. So, we'll wait another month and then we can try again for the IUI--we are now looking at July-August. I know it's only a month. What is another 30 days after waiting this long? This morning, it felt like an eternity. Now I have some perspective back and I'm still disappointed, but it'll pass. It's just more hurry up and wait.

Blech. Now I'm going to go try to steer myself away from the ice-cream in the freezer.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back and it's Monday.... I'm not a fan of Mondays. LOL

Heather, I'm SO glad you are doing well!

Carina- I am the same way. I am always the person behind the lens. I don't like the majority of photos taken of me.

Mrs H- I hope you find something that will work for the both of you. I'm very sorry you are having a hard time.

Karen- LOVE the pics! I love your shoes. I wore navy blue shoes! :) BOO AF and I'm sorry "life" has happened and is making things tough. I know it is easy to say a month isn't that long, but don't we all know that it feels like an eternity. Keep up hope and stay positive! We are right there with you. :flowerforyou:

Katy! That's a great loss! I'm going to take from you and try to plan my exercise for the week to try to stay on track.

Pam- Welcome home! Snacks are the devil.:devil: I have noticed the same thing, even if they are good snacks...

Luki- .5 down is great! BOO AF and horrible day!!!! You have a great attitude! Keep the positivity! :flowerforyou:

SDavis- I sometimes have the same problem with my digital scale. I always use the most frequent out of 5 tries.

Ashley? How are you doing?

AFM: HORRIBLE weekend!!! Of course, we went out to eat for all our meals, and did I get the nice salad? Nope! Hello burger and fries! ugh... (my sister doesn't cook, and usually lives off of frozen dinners :noway: ) So I am up 4lbs!!!! OUCH I know a lot of it is water, but not all of it. So I have my work cut out for me this week!

Goals: Zumba Monday, Thursday, Saturday
    Push ups and Sit ups Tuesday & Friday
    Walk/Jog Sunday
    Water Water Water!!!!

TTC not really sure what is going on. temps have been jumping up a little.
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30eea7/
    I ran out of Monitor test strips and really can't afford to get more right now. We slacked a bit on the BDing last week so I hope we didn't miss the O (if it even happened). This weekend I saw a hint of "EggWhite" which kinda got my hopes up! I guess we will see in a few weeks. :smile:

I wish you all the best!!!
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Ahmommy- I don't think I said welcome, so WELCOME! Some how I missed you.

Ashley- Thinking of you ALL day and sending GOOD Vibes!

SDavis- Totally understanding hating your scale- this is way I do all my offical weighins at work. At work they have teh dr. type of scales so it is much more reliable and consistant. Sounds like you have a good system going.

Karen- AGHHHHHHHH! I feel your pain on timing issues. Good job staying positive!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 14: 231.9 lbs (-4.9lbs)
    Week 15: 232.5 lbs (+0.6lbs)
    Week 16: 233.7 lbs (+1.2lbs)
    Week 17: 230.8 lbs (-2.9lbs)
    Week 18: 228.2 lbs (-2.6lbs)
    Week 19: 227.7 lbs (-0.5lbs)
    Week 20: 226.0 lbs (-1.7lbs)
    Week 21: 230.1 lbs (+4.1lbs)

Will it ever stop???? LOL Yes, when I eat better and drink more water!!!! Hoping to post a loss again next week :( The weather held up beautifully all weekend for us until 5 minutes after I watered the garden....LOL Fireworks was awesome last night - we do it down at our beach and everyone in the neighbourhood donates fireworks and so it was an almost professional production. We try to be as safe as possible (rope off the fire zone, blast them out over the water and away from trees and houses) but every year it seems Vic Day is cursed for us....everyone's okay though so that's good. DH and I donated a membership as a draw for Pay it forward...Guess who won it....LOL so we didn't claim and it went to the next winner (which was the president of our LOA...she gave it to a family that was in need of it (small kids and no extra income). They'd wanted to join but couldn't. Which was exactly the kind of people we wanted it to go to. Then the did the 50/50 draw and guess who won that.....LOL Figure we'll put it into fireworks budget for a donated orchestration board for the park so next year they can just set them all up and go for it with music and everything......Good times :)

Stephanie - good idea on the blood sugar - and isn't that annoying - the nondigitals aren't much better though!!

Karen - *hugs* I'm in the same boat. We were all set to start for this month and between the work trip and the extra bloodwork results nothing :( So I'm hoping it all comes in before my next cycle in June (expecting AF the first week and I think I have to see the doctor before then) otherwise it'll be July....if that's the case though, I might be going to England for a few days for my Gran's 80th....I won't have done the IVF stuff yet, I'll just have started the hormones, which I can do while travelling.

Kim - we can "work on it" together!!!!!!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for the supportive messages, it's good to know that there are people out there who are so supportive.

Welcome to all the new people I haven't said hello to yet!

Karen, well done on the great attitude, I really admire the sense of calm that always seems to come from your posts, even when life is tough.

Mrs H, I think I understand where you're coming from on the low drive thing. I think that's how my guy feels sometimes too, that things are his fault when really they aren't anyones fault. You guys have been through so much though, it must be very hard soemtimes. I'm sure you will come out of this stronger and happier and closer than ever. Best wishes to you both

Welcome back Pam, keep drinking the water *g*

Congrats on the losses Katy and Luki (and anyone else who's lost). Good luck with your goal Katy.

Haven't completely gone through all the posts yet, so apologies for anything I've missed. Love the wedding pics, the blue bridesmaid dresses were an amazing colour.

Happy, fluffy thoughts to all
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I haven't checked in with anyone this week, been super busy! I get to start my clinical rotation today! Woot woot!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Pam! Well weren’t you lucky this Victoria day, winning all these draws. I hope you bought some lottery tickets or something.

Karen, I know how you feel! When I was told I’d have to wait a whole other month I was so disappointed, it sounded like an eternity. Then when AF finally came, she left as quickly as she came, two days later I officially started. Day one isn’t always obvious. Hope the time passes really quickly for you.
    Love the pics btw, you were a beautiful bride.

Kim, glad you had a fun time, but sorry to hear about the gain. I’m sure you’ll loose it all back if you stick with your plan for the week.

Congrats to anyone that lost this week, and welcome to anyone I may have forgot to say it to.

AFM, I gained about .5 lbs as of this morning, so I’m not logging it, but will make sure I do well this week. I’m back on a low GI diet (I seemed to loose the most weight when being GI conscience)
    On the TTC front, thanks to all those that had their fingers and toes crossed for me. The IUI went well and DH’s “sample” was crazy good! The first SA he had his count was at 17 million (normal is above 20million for those that weren’t sure), and his count yesterday was 107 million!!!! He also had something like 80% usable semen after washing when the norm is 60%! It really shows that all the exercise and eating right has paid off! He was feeling pretty good about himself too! I didn’t cramp as badly as last time, but I was also able to relax and nap for a bit afterward rather than going straight to work. So now we wait, a while too, it seems like my lutheal phase has been around 20days the last couple months. I hope to find out before the clinic goes on vacation (June 9th to July 15th) so that if I need a blood test I can get it done. All I could think of yesterday was how fantastic it would be to be preggers and keep it secret from DH for a week just so that I could tell him on fathers day!