Starvation Mode: How It Works

Options
167891012»

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully written and easy to understand. Thank you for posting this!
  • KelseyLK1
    KelseyLK1 Posts: 26
    Options
    very useful and helpful info! thanks for posting that
  • ktaylorj
    ktaylorj Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're still an active member _ but your article is me to a tee! I've been told I have been hypo-caloric for so long now, that my body has shut down and stores everything and anything. Your mention of anorexia made my jaw drop... because I have asked my doctor... "if I'm eating too little, isn't that what anorexics do? and they lose weight? why aren't I?"
    I'm on an information quest now... and have had my RMR rechecked and am going to give eating 5x/day and about 500 more calories a day a try... scared to death, I literally have been eating 1200 or less for decades... that I now do it without even really trying... so this is gonna take a lot of effort.

If you're still out there... I'd love to hear from you, and see if there are other posts you have to share on same or similar topic.
    thanks! :grumble:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're still an active member _ but your article is me to a tee! I've been told I have been hypo-caloric for so long now, that my body has shut down and stores everything and anything. Your mention of anorexia made my jaw drop... because I have asked my doctor... "if I'm eating too little, isn't that what anorexics do? and they lose weight? why aren't I?"
    I'm on an information quest now... and have had my RMR rechecked and am going to give eating 5x/day and about 500 more calories a day a try... scared to death, I literally have been eating 1200 or less for decades... that I now do it without even really trying... so this is gonna take a lot of effort.

If you're still out there... I'd love to hear from you, and see if there are other posts you have to share on same or similar topic.
    thanks! :grumble:

I'll offer up my services if interested.
    PM me for details.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have to read this Thanks
  • ERICA0185
    ERICA0185 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • AshleyMarieWalter
    Options
    I'm sorry if that has been asked before in this thread, but if there any recovery from starvation mode? Or will you have a damaged metabolism forever? If there's a way to recover, how do you do it?
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Going to read this later looks helpful :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if that has been asked before in this thread, but if there any recovery from starvation mode? Or will you have a damaged metabolism forever? If there's a way to recover, how do you do it?

Http://www.biolayne.com

Google reverse dieting or PM me and ill help you figure it out.