30/30/30 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I did mine today...I also started C25K which I'm soooooo excited for! I'll be doing that on Tues, Thurs. and Sat. this week and I'll be sure to get my 30, 30 , 30's in of course! :bigsmile: Summer....here we come! Good job everyone! :drinker:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I got my planks in yesterday- and did another 20 knee pushups. I can't wait to be able to do a full set of toe pushups. Such great motivation!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Got it all in!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Day 2: Done!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Did my 9 push ups and 21 knees. 30 squats and 30 bicycle crunches. Fun fun! It's really the only part of my workout I look forward to (at least today...). I like how it got me pumped to get into the "real" workout. :happy:
    I finished Day 1 of the challenge. I think of my 3, walking lunges are the hardest for me. Thanks for introducing me to this challenge. I will continue the challenge through June 9 so I can make sure I get a full 30 days in.
    Leela... I'll bet you'll love what they do for your legs though! I've been doing a lot of lunges with the 30 Day Shred, and I didn't like them at all when I started, but now I'd consider myself a semi-pro, and I enjoy them.
    I did mine today...I also started C25K which I'm soooooo excited for! I'll be doing that on Tues, Thurs. and Sat. this week and I'll be sure to get my 30, 30 , 30's in of course! :bigsmile: Summer....here we come! Good job everyone! :drinker:
    Nikki... C25K is gonna be so fun for you! I hope it goes really well. :drinker:
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Hey girls keep it up!

I knocked out my lunges and pushups during commercial breaks last night! Planks were an added bonus- I think I did one 30 second rep every other commercial break. It's amazing how much you can accomplish even while watching tv. And to think, I used to not move off the couch for hours... Much better this way :)
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    Y'all are still here! I hadn't checked in awhile, but have been posting on my status my daily 30/30/30's. I stepped it up a notch today cause I haven't lost any weight this week yet, so here's what I've done today...

Today's 30/30/30 consisted of 2 sets of 30 second planks, 1 set of 30 squats, 1 set of 30 lunges, 2 sets of 50 crunches, 1 set of 50 reverse crunches, 2 sets of 50 jumping jacks, and 15 real pushups. (I'll finish with 35 not real push ups.) Have you or are you going to get yours in?
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Damn- feller- great work!! That's a great motivator :)

I got half of my lunges in through Ripped in 30 and finished the last couple before the cooldown. Knocked out the planks before I started and will get my pushups done while I'm watching tv tonight. My husband's out and I have the tv all to myself! Cougar Town and a glass of wine- my favorite Wednesday activity!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I did mine! Right before I started my Shred workout. I made it to 10 real push ups!

BeckyJill... Way to use those commercials!

mdfeller... You just took this challenge to a whole nother level!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Completed day 3 (wed) wasnt able to get back on last night.
    Steph, I can't believe i!! My husband actually commented on how good my legs look in my shorts. Not just a generic compliment either. He said that my legs look really toned and you can start to see definition. He says that all those zumba classes and personal training sessions are paying off! I was stoked!!

And its funny because this year, none of "tight" shorts fit anymore. Even the pair I had on yesterday needed a belt. So he says, I guess you're going to need new summer clothes. I'm so happy that I need new clothes because you got smaller and not bigger!

These push ups are killing me. My arms are on fire. But I need to get them tank top ready now more than ever as I will probably be wearing mostly tanks to zumba because its so darn hot!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Steph, I can't believe i!! My husband actually commented on how good my legs look in my shorts. Not just a generic compliment either. He said that my legs look really toned and you can start to see definition. He says that all those zumba classes and personal training sessions are paying off! I was stoked!!
    Congrats on the wonderful compliment from your husband Leela!! That's gotta feel so good! Your hard work is paying off in wonderful ways! :drinker:
    _________

OH! I did my 30's today! 5 real push ups (what happened?!?!) up to 15 knees, 15 squats, 15 knee push ups, 30 bicycle crunches. Zumba and the Shred are really working my arms. I'm taking tomorrow "off" from the Shred, and other workouts, but I'm still gonna do my 30!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I need to do my 30 for today. I have been so busy. I probably won't get it in until after 8pm, but I'll get'er done!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Thursday- Day 4: done!
    I actually did 40 squats instead of 30! I have to change my lunges to sit ups because the lunges and jump squats are too hard on my knees. Got in 30 push ups too. Trying to work my way up to "real" push ups instead of girlie ones. But the girlie ones are tough, esp the last 5 or 6. I'm trying to do all the movements at one time instead of breaking it up like 15 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon. I think it is more effective that way.
    It's been a little quiet around here lately. Everyone keeping up with their challenges?
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Oh no, it got quiet again! :noway:
    I actually did 40 squats instead of 30! I have to change my lunges to sit ups because the lunges and jump squats are too hard on my knees. Got in 30 push ups too. Trying to work my way up to "real" push ups instead of girlie ones. But the girlie ones are tough, esp the last 5 or 6. I'm trying to do all the movements at one time instead of breaking it up like 15 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon. I think it is more effective that way.
    I hear ya with the last few push ups! :drinker: Feel the burn! I do them all at once too, even if I have to take a tiny break and do a different move for a few reps. I enjoy my little 20 calorie burn. :laugh:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Oh no, it got quiet again! :noway:
    I hear ya with the last few push ups! :drinker: Feel the burn! I do them all at once too, even if I have to take a tiny break and do a different move for a few reps. I enjoy my little 20 calorie burn. :laugh:

If you have to take a tiny break, make sure you take it in the "up" position, then it turns into a plank and who wants to stay in that position longer than necessary? lol
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    It's very quiet! :grumble:

I did 30 lunges, 30 squats and 30 hammer curls the day before yesterday:)
    Yesterday I did 30 squats, 30 lunges and 30 situps.
    Today I'm going to do 30 full sit ups, 30 oblique twists and 30 sumo squats!

:drinker: to those that are sticking with it! We're almost half way there :bigsmile:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    It's very quiet! :grumble:

I did 30 lunges, 30 squats and 30 hammer curls the day before yesterday:)
    Yesterday I did 30 squats, 30 lunges and 30 situps.
    Today I'm going to do 30 full sit ups, 30 oblique twists and 30 sumo squats!

:drinker: to those that are sticking with it! We're almost half way there :bigsmile:

sumo squats are killer. if you have been doing them for 13 days I'm sure you're really feeling it! Today is only my day 5, but I am going to do it for 30 days even if this thread finishes before me. It's just I want to finish what I started, even if its on my own!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Sure is quiet! Just rocked my 30 second planks, 30 knee pushups (I did 10 toe pushups with 30DS) and 30 lunges. I basically did walking lunges around my living room. Not ideal but the weather is crap and my basement is a mess!

Happy Friday- yay for the weekend!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    If you have to take a tiny break, make sure you take it in the "up" position, then it turns into a plank and who wants to stay in that position longer than necessary? lol
    :laugh: Exactly right!
    Good job Nikki! YAY!! I kind of want to keep doing something like this afterward. LOL! Like until I can do 30 push ups in a row! That would be amazing!

Nice work BeckyJill!

I did mine yesterday with 8 real push ups.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Didn't work out at all yesterday :( body needed a break! Back in it today.