Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - GRYFFINDOR

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, here are everyones weights for this week and last week..took some re-formatting to get it to look right on here...anyone who wants to calculate percentages to pick prefects feel free! I only did the group numbers, not individual since we are judging who wins each weigh in by the percentage lost.

UnoDiamante 185 185
    Jabulger 155.6 153.5
    G8trgrl7 200 200
    Amandapratt 158.8 157
    Juliebean_1027 290 286.4
    LMPRF97 122 121
    Raeray89 146 141.4
    Bronwenhilary 263.4 263.4
    Looby1968 183 180.5
    chickadee2010 144 144.8
    picky_nikki 175 173
    redhead91 181 175
    peariel 159 158
    katiejo2011 224.8 222.8
    pixycats 142 140
    blondie2285 147 145.7
    swilliams26 222.6
    Crystal0584 177.4
    MissKMN 252 250.6
    Chanstriste13 191.6 190.6
    87Sarah 173 172.4
    Marcia36 197.5 195
    Fiorentina 140
    Leela30 140 139.5
    Motherinme 205
    deboyd5004 193.4
    07emeraldrose 117
    Dragonlew 277 284
    Nat102 147
    Kelsue35 138 136
    agirlfromminneso 164
    Cartwoman 173.1 171.5
    Murelzgirl 179 177
    Navvs15 169.2 165.8
    Mommyoft3
    texans 135 134.2
    Halina20 115 114.4
    nekoashi 170 169
    Deepakris 134.6 133.6
    oici812 157.6 157.6
    TourthePast 136.6 136

C'mon Gryffindors! Lets all work REALLY hard this week and rock Sunday's weigh in!! :happy:

Great! Thanks, Uno! I'll figure these up and we'll have the top 2 be our prefects for the rest of the week.

Prefects can post quotes or suggestions for completing challenges, or if you don't have that much time, bragging rights :)

If you want, I can calculate the individual percentages each week, unless the prefects want to do it!

Stand by for the calculations!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    It seems so late in the week to be choosing prefects! I feel like we're slackers! Agh! :ohwell:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    It seems so late in the week to be choosing prefects! I feel like we're slackers! Agh! :ohwell:

yes, but now we have it figured out so next week we can be on top of it :)
  • redhead91
    Options

yes, but now we have it figured out so next week we can be on top of it :)

Oh yeah I know it's just cause it's the first week :) I'm just a total perfectionist sometimes and inside I'm like "WHY DIDN'T EVERYONE WEIGH IN??!!!" :tongue: I love this group though and we all did so well!!!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've completed the food challenge this week by doing my three recipes already!
    Monday I made a pancetta and sausage pasta for lunch and a shepherds pie from scratch for tea.
    Yesterday I made a chicken and mushroom stroganoff from scratch.

The pancetta and sausage pasta and shepherds pie were lovely but the mushroom and chicken stroganoff didn't go to well due to the yoghurt I put in it. It kind of went all bitty, think it might have been the water separating the yoghurt but anywho practice makes perfect and challenge completed! :)

sounds awesome! and good job on completing your recipes for the week! :happy: I've picked out my 3 recipes for the week and will be getting groceries today. Expanding my collection of chicken recipes :drinker: beer lime grilled chicken, salsa chicken burrito filling, and slow cooker chicken tortilla soup, all low-cal recipes of course :)

and 2/5 for my exercise for the week thus far! So excited for our group's weigh in on Sunday! everyone keep up the great work!!! :happy:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    OK! Our prefects for this week are:

Redhead91 - 3.315%
    Raeray89 - 3.151%

Congrats on your HUGE losses this week, guys! You inspire us all!

Congrats to the rest of you, too! We all know everyone does this at their own speed and you are all doing awesome! Let's not forget that!

Prefects, you can use your newfound authority over the Gryffindor students however you wish :)

Oh! and i set up a spreadsheet with this so at the end i can see who lost the biggest percentage individually and we can name that person head girl/boy for bragging rights as you head to the theater to see Part 2, also!

Yay, Gryffindor!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options

Redhead91 - 3.315%
    Raeray89 - 3.151%

Congrats to the rest of you, too! We all know everyone does this at their own speed and you are all doing awesome! Let's not forget that!

Prefects, you can use your newfound authority over the Gryffindor students however you wish :)

Oh! and i set up a spreadsheet with this so at the end i can see who lost the biggest percentage individually and we can name that person head girl/boy for bragging rights as you head to the theater to see Part 2, also!

Yay, Gryffindor!

Thanks for doing this! It seems like now that school is over, every project that needed to be done since school started is being done now...ugh..so much for relaxing..lol :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Redhead91 - 3.315%
    Raeray89 - 3.151%

Yay, Gryffindor!

Thanks for doing this! It seems like now that school is over, every project that needed to be done since school started is being done now...ugh..so much for relaxing..lol :)

i TOTALLY know the feeling! i don't mind doing it, the hard part is done now, i'll just have to enter the weights into my spreadsheet each week :) you're the awesome one for organizing this! its SO much fun!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey guys! Another idea from the Ravenclaws: some of them are keeping track of house points individually for completing the weekly goals. So our goal this week, trying 3 new recipes and working out outside 5 days for 20 mins, could potentially earn someone 8 total House Points. For anyone who would like to keep track of this, report it with your weights each week and I can account that towards choosing Prefects if you like! Or you could just keep track to keep yourself accountable each week as extra motivation! It wouldn't affect our percentages or anything, its just for fun and geeky motivation :)
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee's progress for this week:
    exercise: 3/5
    food: 2/3

I was planning on an actual recipe, but chicken with bones wasn't going to work. So I just threw some stuff together instead. Brown rice, green peppers, onion, and chow mein noodles. It was alright.
  • redhead91
    Options
    So I guess since I'm a Prefect I might have responsibilities. Let me know if you need me to do anything, Uno :)
  • Raeray89
    Raeray89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here, let me know if you need anything :)
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    So we grilled shark fish from the Vietnamese fish market today . I've never had it before, so that counts as a new recipe, right? For the record, it was delicious. Not at all fishy, and more meaty like a hearty tuna steak. So damn good. Yum!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    So we grilled shark fish from the Vietnamese fish market today . I've never had it before, so that counts as a new recipe, right? For the record, it was delicious. Not at all fishy, and more meaty like a hearty tuna steak. So damn good. Yum!

jealous! that sounds fantastic! i love tuna steak, too :)
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Making paneer curry from scratch tonight :) I've never made paneer before, but this recipe looks so cool! http://www.besthealthmag.ca/eat-well/recipes/pea-curry-with-indian-paneer

2/3 recipes
    3/5 outdoor exercising
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    got in my 5 days of outside workouts. walked everyday this week sometimes twice in one day! as for recipes.. only got 1 so far.. made chicken/ shrimp scampi. never made it before but it was actually pretty easy (however i think it had a lil to much garlic at least for my taste) -had to put chicken in it for the kids or i would have just made the shrimp-.. now to find something for today and tomorrow--- kid friendly or should i say picky kid friendly
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i have been slack, slack, slack on our weekly challenges, fellow gryffindors! i have been working out like crazy, but only 1 day was outdoors, though i might go on another run tomorrow. as for recipes...nope. not a one. but this is a bad new recipe week because we're broke and i have rehearsals from 7 to 10 every night right after i get off work, so i'm pretty much eating on the fly.

maybe mcgonagall will give me at least one house point for avoiding fast food for dinner - or maybe not, since i'm sure she'd notice that i did eat burger king for lunch one day...:blushing:

i had an interesting time practicing relaxation techniques with professor trelawney today...i always suck at that. but i did have fun stairwell hopping and checking out the maurader's map to make sure it's accurate! anyhoo, hope all of you have a lovely friday! can't believe quidditch match round two is already coming up!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do an early weigh in because this weekend is my 1st wedding anniversary :love: so I may not get a chance to update this weekend and I don't want to hold it up Gryffindor's weigh in.

last weeks' weight: 169
    this week's weight: 166.4

I completed the weekly challenges too! :bigsmile:
    Exercise: 5/5
    Recipes: 3/3

All 3 new recipes came out great! I made some homemade salsa, shredded chicken tacos in the slow cooker, and low-fat cheesecake :)

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week thus far and has a wonderful weekend!!! Good luck in your weigh ins! Let's win this Gryffindor!!! :drinker:
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    I'm going to do an early weigh in because this weekend is my 1st wedding anniversary :love: so I may not get a chance to update this weekend and I don't want to hold it up Gryffindor's weigh in.

last weeks' weight: 169
    this week's weight: 166.4

I completed the weekly challenges too! :bigsmile:
    Exercise: 5/5
    Recipes: 3/3

All 3 new recipes came out great! I made some homemade salsa, shredded chicken tacos in the slow cooker, and low-fat cheesecake :)

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week thus far and has a wonderful weekend!!! Good luck in your weigh ins! Let's win this Gryffindor!!! :drinker:

awesome! congrats!!! my 2nd anniversary is in 11 days. :smile:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Nice work, Nekoashi! Happy Anniversary!