Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - GRYFFINDOR

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've decided I'm trying this week if anyone wants some ideas:

Baja Fish Tacos - http://recipes.health.com/recipes/10000001208189-baja-fish-tacos

Tuna Melt Bites - http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/printable-recipe/250

and for my Fun Food Friday Dessert:
    PB Graham Cracker sandwiches - (i copied this from the message boards a while back)
    2 sheets of chocolate graham crackers (130 cal)
    2 tbsp Fat Free Cool Whip (40 cal) - frozen
    1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter (48 cal) - i try to use less than this to cut even more calories

TOTAL: 218 calories
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    recipes...hmmm...does getting a new spice to mix in my olive oil count? i am probably going to be non-rocking the recipe challenge, though i do have a couple of good ones that i have tried in the past. i'll find them and post later. i put this on my homepage already, but i just wanted to reiterate: gryffindor rocks! we should totally set off some Dr. Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks to celebrate!
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey Gryffindor!

Congrats on this weeks weigh-in. You may have won the battle but you may not win the WAR! we're going to take your idea and log is fun exercises! For tomorrow's Tennis, im logging it as Quittich Practice and for hiking thursday im logging it in as hiking the forbidden forest, great ideas!

And I hope you guys dont mind, we are all in this together, yay HP!

-Raquel
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am SOOOOOOOO sorry! I mistyped one weight...we lost .73%...ahhh....so sorry!!! I need to watch what I type.. :(
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey Gryffindor!

Congrats on this weeks weigh-in. You may have won the battle but you may not win the WAR! we're going to take your idea and log is fun exercises! For tomorrow's Tennis, im logging it as Quittich Practice and for hiking thursday im logging it in as hiking the forbidden forest, great ideas!

And I hope you guys dont mind, we are all in this together, yay HP!

-Raquel

I agree, we're in this together :) but i find the friendly rivalry to be fun!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    hey guys, i snuck into Ravenclaw Tower to visit my bestie and saw that they were posting the top 3 individual percentages lost. i thought this might be a good way to pick weekly prefects if anyone is still interested?! i dont think Uno needs help with the calculations, but maybe the prefects could start us off with creative ways to complete the challenges that week, or post Gryffindor-specific quotes each day, or even just be for geeky bragging rights :) What do you think?
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee's progress for this week:
    exercise: 2/5
    food: 1/3

I've spent so much time walking outside today and yesterday and have a sunburn to prove it. Blah. I made meatloaf muffins yesterday for dinner for the first time and it was awesome. I also had the green beans and potato wedges. The topic was posted a few years ago, and here's a link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/29116-diner-meat-loaf-muffins
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    We made a delicious seafood salad for dinner tonight. Delicious new recipe with lots of veggies. Also, I rode my bike along the lake for my outdoor workout. However, according to the weathermen, we are supposed to have rain and thunderstorms for the next 5 days, so I'm not sure how much outdoor fun I'll be able to have. :(
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I had fish burritos for dinner as my first new recipe of the week! I've never had fish tacos or anything similar, but it was delicious! I made some cilantro rice to go in them, lemon pepper (with some garlic, onion and dill) seasoning on the fish, and avocado/tomato salsa with lime juice plus sour cream to top it off. SO delicious!

Those of you who have tried new things so far, they all sound delicious!! Great job guys!
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've completed the food challenge this week by doing my three recipes already!
    Monday I made a pancetta and sausage pasta for lunch and a shepherds pie from scratch for tea.
    Yesterday I made a chicken and mushroom stroganoff from scratch.

The pancetta and sausage pasta and shepherds pie were lovely but the mushroom and chicken stroganoff didn't go to well due to the yoghurt I put in it. It kind of went all bitty, think it might have been the water separating the yoghurt but anywho practice makes perfect and challenge completed! :)
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm interested in joining.
    What day do you weigh in?

xx
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey guys, i snuck into Ravenclaw Tower to visit my bestie and saw that they were posting the top 3 individual percentages lost. i thought this might be a good way to pick weekly prefects if anyone is still interested?! i dont think Uno needs help with the calculations, but maybe the prefects could start us off with creative ways to complete the challenges that week, or post Gryffindor-specific quotes each day, or even just be for geeky bragging rights :) What do you think?

This sounds like a fantastic idea! Thanks!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am SOOOOOOOO sorry! I mistyped one weight...we lost .73%...ahhh....so sorry!!! I need to watch what I type.. :(

Alright, so we didn't win this round, and maybe even came in last, BUT that just means we are going to lose more next week! LETS GET THEM!!! ROAR!!
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options

Lol! Good - that means we have a head start on everyone for next week! That's uber funny though :happy:
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have tried 2 new recipes this week so far.

Weight Watchers - parmesan chicken breast

Jillian Michaels - chicken and black bean wrap (can't remember the exact name) its in her ripped in 30 diet plan.
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    Ok guys, here are everyones weights for this week and last week..took some re-formatting to get it to look right on here...anyone who wants to calculate percentages to pick prefects feel free! I only did the group numbers, not individual since we are judging who wins each weigh in by the percentage lost.

UnoDiamante 185 185
    Jabulger 155.6 153.5
    G8trgrl7 200 200
    Amandapratt 158.8 157
    Juliebean_1027 290 286.4
    LMPRF97 122 121
    Raeray89 146 141.4
    Bronwenhilary 263.4 263.4
    Looby1968 183 180.5
    chickadee2010 144 144.8
    picky_nikki 175 173
    redhead91 181 175
    peariel 159 158
    katiejo2011 224.8 222.8
    pixycats 142 140
    blondie2285 147 145.7
    swilliams26 222.6
    Crystal0584 177.4
    MissKMN 252 250.6
    Chanstriste13 191.6 190.6
    87Sarah 173 172.4
    Marcia36 197.5 195
    Fiorentina 140
    Leela30 140 139.5
    Motherinme 205
    deboyd5004 193.4
    07emeraldrose 117
    Dragonlew 277 284
    Nat102 147
    Kelsue35 138 136
    agirlfromminneso 164
    Cartwoman 173.1 171.5
    Murelzgirl 179 177
    Navvs15 169.2 165.8
    Mommyoft3
    texans 135 134.2
    Halina20 115 114.4
    nekoashi 170 169
    Deepakris 134.6 133.6
    oici812 157.6 157.6
    TourthePast 136.6 136

C'mon Gryffindors! Lets all work REALLY hard this week and rock Sunday's weigh in!! :happy:
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    ok..apparently it did not keep the format I put...hmm...ok..anyone who does not have a second three digit number next to their name did not weigh in this week:
    swilliams26
    Crystal0584
    Fiorentina
    Motherinme
    deboyd5004
    07emeraldrose
    Nat102
    agirlfromminneso
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I've completed the food challenge this week by doing my three recipes already!
    Monday I made a pancetta and sausage pasta for lunch and a shepherds pie from scratch for tea.
    Yesterday I made a chicken and mushroom stroganoff from scratch.

The pancetta and sausage pasta and shepherds pie were lovely but the mushroom and chicken stroganoff didn't go to well due to the yoghurt I put in it. It kind of went all bitty, think it might have been the water separating the yoghurt but anywho practice makes perfect and challenge completed! :)

holy cow, girl! look at you go! practice does make perfect! lord knows i've had to try recipes more than once to get them right :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Alright, so we didn't win this round, and maybe even came in last, BUT that just means we are going to lose more next week! LETS GET THEM!!! ROAR!!

last i knew we were third. ravenclaw dropped to .63 or something.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I have tried 2 new recipes this week so far.

Weight Watchers - parmesan chicken breast

Jillian Michaels - chicken and black bean wrap (can't remember the exact name) its in her ripped in 30 diet plan.

yum! were they as good as they sound?