Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - GRYFFINDOR

Options

Replies

• MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    if you want to be extra geeky, try making new exercises that match the workouts you already do as far as burn, but name them wizard-y things like quidditch practice and spellwork or something :) i'm totally going to do it (just through the end of this challenge, or i would start getting confused)! thanks, MissKMN for the idea!

I'm thinking up all kinds of good ones now...

Quidditch Practice
    Quidditch Match
    Breaking into Gringotts
    Whomping Willow Boxing
    Sneaking into Hogsmeade
    Hiking in the Forbidden Forest
    Battling Voldemort
    etc, etc, etc

It makes working out soooo much more gratifying when you get to log that stuff.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    if you want to be extra geeky, try making new exercises that match the workouts you already do as far as burn, but name them wizard-y things like quidditch practice and spellwork or something :) i'm totally going to do it (just through the end of this challenge, or i would start getting confused)! thanks, MissKMN for the idea!

oooh! oooh! oooh! i already have one workout class that i nicknamed 'psycho-lady specialty'. i think i'll call it 'bellatrix groove' for the harry potter challenge! great idea!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    I love the Harry Potter workout idea! I also just wanted to say that I love this group and it's awesome motivation! I've already lost quite a bit since the original HP post started and Gryffindor house is gonna kick *kitten*!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

I'm thinking up all kinds of good ones now...

Quidditch Practice
    Quidditch Match
    Breaking into Gringotts
    Whomping Willow Boxing
    Sneaking into Hogsmeade
    Hiking in the Forbidden Forest
    Battling Voldemort
    etc, etc, etc

It makes working out soooo much more gratifying when you get to log that stuff.

ooo! i'm gonna borrow battling voldemort for my core workout dvd! cuz my belly is gonna be my biggest challenge :)
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:
    agirlfromminneso - 164 - Gryffindor
    Cartwoman - 173.1 - Gryffindor
    Murelzgirl - 179 - Gryffindor
    Navvs15 - 169.2 - Gryffindor
    Mommyoft3texans - 135 - Gryffindor
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Hi, I just joined and am really excited about the challenge! Love the extra motivation that comes from competition!

A brief intro...i'm a working mom of 3...currently on week 3 of c25k and eating healthy since the beginning of March. I am already registered for my first ever 5k race on June 11th. Feel free to add me to your friends list!
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    GROUP WILL BE CUT OFF AS OF SATURDAY AT MIDNIGHT. NO MORE MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO JOIN AND ANY WHO I DO NOT HAVE START WEIGHTS FOR YET WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    we gryffindors rock
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi, I just joined and am really excited about the challenge! Love the extra motivation that comes from competition!

A brief intro...i'm a working mom of 3...currently on week 3 of c25k and eating healthy since the beginning of March. I am already registered for my first ever 5k race on June 11th. Feel free to add me to your friends list!

request sent! welcome!

And just a reminder, I'm sending everyone friend requests because it will be easier to support you day by day that way (for me). But if you would rather not friend me, or want to delete me when the challenge is over, MY FEELINGS WILL NOT BE HURT! We can still support each other from here :) Also, if I've somehow missed you, please feel free to add me as well!

I'm already having a complete ball with you.
    Go Gryffindor! Let's kick some butt!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    YAY Gryffindor! I'm so excited to be doing this challenge. :)
  • cartwoman
    cartwoman Posts: 64
    Options
    Heya all, new Gryffindor roomie here :D
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    new members:
    Halina20 (115) and gmaanneliese ?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just want to get you in my topics :wink:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    can't believe the much anticipated first quidditch weigh-in match is tomorrow! keep your focus and make sure you eat a good breakfast! (hope we have favorable weather conditions...) :tongue:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    can't believe the much anticipated first quidditch weigh-in match is tomorrow! keep your focus and make sure you eat a good breakfast! (hope we have favorable weather conditions...) :tongue:

oh thats so funny! good luck to everyone! we're gonna rock it!

what quidditch position would you all most want to play?

i think i would make a good beater. i would make a better distraction than a scorer :)
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options

i think i would make a good beater. i would make a better distraction than a scorer :)
    I'd love to be a seeker. But not cz Harry is one, it would suit me as I'm great with a broom :-)
    New member here, cant wait for weigh in tomorrow!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    ooo! i'm gonna borrow battling voldemort for my core workout dvd! cuz my belly is gonna be my biggest challenge :)

That sounds perfect. Haha. And now I'm going to start calling my belly Voldemort.

As for quidditch, I'd be a chaser. I'd be good at getting the quaffle into the goal posts, but not quite fast enough to be a seeker. ;)

To anyone who is not already a friend of mine here: please, feel free to send me a request. Just make sure to include a message so I know who you are. All it has to say is "GRYFFINDOR!"
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

I'd love to be a seeker. But not cz Harry is one, it would suit me as I'm great with a broom :-)
    New member here, cant wait for weigh in tomorrow!

nice! i feel that way about being a Gryffindor. i don't think i'd be one because of Harry, Ron and Hermione, i think i'd genuinely be a good one! when i first became a fan i thought i might be a Hufflepuff because I'm loyal, but it was between that and Gryffindor because i'll do anything for my friends and stuff like that. I didn't want to be Gryffindor just because people would say its just cuz of Harry, but the thought of getting a scarf and tie and such in black and yellow was upsetting! then, my bestie (a hardcore Ravenclaw) pointed out that a Hufflepuff would definitely NOT care about what colors they had to wear, so it was decided :) Plus, the Sorting Hat takes into consideration your feelings a little, right? At least I'm not Slytherin ;)

wow, i just LOVE this challenge and all of you fellow Gryffindor Geeks!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

That sounds perfect. Haha. And now I'm going to start calling my belly Voldemort.

As for quidditch, I'd be a chaser. I'd be good at getting the quaffle into the goal posts, but not quite fast enough to be a seeker. ;)

To anyone who is not already a friend of mine here: please, feel free to send me a request. Just make sure to include a message so I know who you are. All it has to say is "GRYFFINDOR!"

awesome! i think i might also make a good keeper, now that i think of it. but a beater might be more fun...hm. now i'm really leaning towards keeper! lol.