Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Slytherin

Options

Replies

• lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    tigerzeye- You are kicking *kitten* in the gym! Great Job!!!
  • lmv88
    lmv88 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes! Hello, I am here! Do you think it's possible for me to lose 10-15 lbs by the end of this challenge? Haha.
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:

jalara - 227.8 - Slytherin
    ChrisUndies - 182 - Slytherin
    Beffy191 - 154 - Slytherin
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Happy to be here :) Go team!
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    tigerzeye- You are kicking *kitten* in the gym! Great Job!!!

Believe me I'm trying, it is hard... to get to the gym lol but once I'm there it feels great. I always think too when I want to give up in the middle of my workout "What would I be doing right now if I wasn't here?" If its not a better answer than what I am currently doing I keep going ^_^ and most of my time the answer is "sitting on my butt" and that's not acceptable for me lol.

And as far as *kitten* kicking is concerned I think I'm doing it wrong, I seem to be kicking my own *kitten* XD lol
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    How is everyone getting their exercise in today??
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How is everyone getting their exercise in today??
    I took a long walk at lunchtime today - up and down lots of hills and I walked full out as fast as I could the whole time. Was soaked when I got back to the office lol. Planning to do a TX2 strength workout when I get home and then maybe another walk after dinner if the weather holds. Don't really have any time for the elliptical tonight, but I think I am ok cardio-wise with the walking.
    Saw that you did yoga - do you take a class? I took a class once and loved it.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did some weights on the porch while I was waiting for my son to get off the bus and tonight is Zumba night! I stepped on the scale this morning and I think everyone is going to be very happy with me on Sunday. Shaping up to be at least a 2 pound week!
  • ActiveFaith10
    Options
    @arwensb great! job on the walking, going through hills are a great way to shape up and add a challenge, and it's always a reward to go down them :) Maybe try walking/jogging faster up them and it'll increase your heart rate to burn more calories:) good luck on the TX2 workout and hopefully you can get a good walk in after dinner! I always try to workout after my dinner to burn the carbs I just ate and eat an apple or almonds after:)

Vinyasa yoga was awesome! I sweat buckets, and its a lot cardio and strength than other yoga classes.Today another one of my friends joined in, and she's going to start doing it with us throughout the summer! It's always a good motivation to get friends involved Especially when we pay for unlimited, so we always try to get our money's worth! Which class did you take??

@lcoulter23 Awesome with cardio and strength! Ive never tried Zumba but I only hear the best! I'm always afraid to try b/c im terrible at getting down the proper steps. Im glad to hear your losing the pounds! 2 weeks is a tough goal, but totally do-able:)

GO SLYTHERINS! WE CAN DO THIS!

"Walk More: You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is. ~ Ellen DeGeneres"
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I just found the posts again and saw I was sorted into Slytherin! :]

I'll try to catch up with everything tonight and I can't wait to participate in my very first challenge! Woohoo!
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Water wise I am doing great, I drink water like a fish! Exercise wise I am way off, I have had a lot of stress going on this week, I know exercising would actually help, I just have to pull myself out of this funk first. I won't let you guys down though!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Curves circuit followed by hula hoop followed by dance clad for me today. And I did my weigh in and lost and I drank my water. Feeling quite proud! Day off tomorrow though so will need to try extra hard
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Oh, I failed in my image post though, what did I do wrong?
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I tried to add the crest & it didn't work. :frown:
  • ActiveFaith10
    Options
    @dawnkitchen great to have you on board! the starting challanges is at least 30 minutes of exercise a day (im sure all of us and at least double this:), at least 8glasses of water a day and for every 30minutes of exercise, 1-2 more glasses!

@stressed1mom @pixieofdoom make sure there are NO SPACES in the url and it should work

@stressed1mom when I really dont feel like exercising I go on here and look at all the success stories, drink some coffee and im out the door! I ALWAYS feel great after I exercise, so I just think about that feeling:) and what i'll like like!

@pixieofdoom sounds like an active day! you should be proud, awesome work! Weigh in in a couple days, LETS DO THIS!

:)
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    For the challenge, I think I'm doing okay! I didn't know what it was until today, unfortunately.

I worked out Monday (elliptical), Tuesday (elliptical/treadmill), and Wednesday (kickboxing) this week. I am going to work out later tonight, too, on the elliptical. Tomorrow I have personal training (usually do on Monday, too, but I had another appointment so I had to cancel). Saturday I have a core/high intensity cardio class. It is killer!
    Water: Sunday - 8, Monday - 12, Tuesday - 10, Wednesday - 9, today I should have at least 9 and at least 9 Friday and Saturday. :smile:

PS: Is there a way we can post the challenge on our house page? The main thread gets so FULL and I lose posts in it. :flowerforyou:
  • ActiveFaith10
    Options
    @dawnkitchen
    youre doing great!

Here's the initial challenge for the first week:) Posted by Uno
    Hey everyone! Every Sunday you post here with you current weight (this time your start and goal weight). :)

Ok, the first challenges are pretty simple just to get everyone started. Sorry if these look familiar! I promise they wont all be the same..
    Food challenge: drink 8 glasses of water per day and add 1-2 glasses for every 30 mins of exercise you get.(if you want to drink more that's fine, just make sure the minimum is 8)
    Exercise challenge: do some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day (can be anything-walking, running, swimming, biking, horseback riding, moderate house cleaning, weight lifting etc)

If anyone has any healthy recipes to share please share it! This is a place for motivation and to support each other in reaching our goals.

I will post the HP info/quote of the day later and I will post everyone's weights tomorrow afternoon! Good luck everyone! Here's to us!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the challenge on here!

Yesterday, I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party & walked for 15 minutes. And, drank 8 glasses of water! (The water thing is big for me...).

My exercise workouts are normally Turbo Jam and I am also doing the "Conservative Couch to 5k". I am on Phase 2, Week 2 of "Conservative Couch to 5k".
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty well this week. Water hasn't been an issue, exercise has been ok. I've been walking for at lease 20minutes everyday, not counting the extra little walks I add in. Like today I went out for lunch, and after we ate we walked from the restaurant to the store, then back again, instead of driving over.
    I don't log my little extra walks, but I do log my 20 minute / 5.5 laps @ a brisk pace from the house to the barn everyday. I live in the country so I make do with what I have LOL. I do have an elliptical, punching bag, weights, Wii fit and various workout videos for rainy days though so I have absolutely no excuse not to get a workout in.

We seem to have a great group of people here in Slytherin, we're going to rock this challenge!
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Uhg >.< work is trying to make my week long goal as hard as possible... I am what they call a part time fill in... what that mean is when the full time people call off they call me and have me fill in... that being said I had to be to work this morning at 8am... got off at 3 (about to go into gym and forgo sleep) because they scheduled me for 9pm tonight to 7 am... >:( gr.